Epic Perfect World

barbs too op

Offline PandaBear

they were increased power a little too much :< can u fix this agatio

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Hello, the Barb's damage increase from the latest patch wasn't significant and I am pretty sure that they are balanced class, I think that others would agree with me.

Offline IsFuzzy

As i pretty much main a barb i know how they fight and all against other classes and unless your a aps full str barb thats the only way to kill a bm i would like to see a skill barb be able to do that also but the damage is weak for it on pwr i never killed a bm without help so im happy to see a server that buffs the barbs damage
barbs are only balanced class o.O...maybe clerics... wizards welll you know... Bms stunlock/attack speed/high hits is hard as shit, venos are just too strong lol (although im interested to see with new poleaxe range increase =D) and archers are actually balanced well

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Honestly I don't think the barbs are too op although I haven't fought one since the patch. Id be interested in doing so but on a slightly different note, I heard something today that blows my mind, I'll post a screenie instead of talking about it:

now id like to direct your attention to alpha's comment about asking Agatio if fist glitch/tiger form is legal and he says yes. Now You want to know what will make a barb OP and that is this. A fist barb in tiger form and (4.0 aps sparked) is pretty much like having a BM with 50k-75k hp and extra magical defenses due to new patch.

I'm not QQing nor have I fought anyone using this glitch I just saw it in chat in west and just thought id direct everyone's attention to rule #7: Using game bugs or modifying client to gain unfair advantage is forbidden.

To my understanding, glitching is a game bug and therefore it is illegal, yes Agatio allows bm fire glitch but again I have fought that one as well, I as a bm do not use the fire glitch and have taken down numerous bm's/barbs/veno's/archers in PVP outside west so yes, in my mind glitching is illegal and confusing the client  (AKA glitching/bugging the client/game) while glitching tiger form is illegal and I think should be addressed before this gets out of hand.

Id, also like to add, I don't want to get pampers into trouble, I would just like some feedback from the EPW Team on whether this is going to be allowed or not and if it is then rule #7 needs to be edited to just modifying client is forbidden.

Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
The only problem with glitching a different kind of weapon into tiger other than an axe/hammer is that it still prevents you from using skills, and you can't switch back out of tiger to rebuff without relogging.

I won't deny that, being a clawrb, I haven't tried to get the glitch to work for myself (with no success unfortunately). However even if I did manage to get it to work, I don't think I would really bother using the glitch all that much. It would just be too much of a bother to worry about having to relog every 30 minutes (15 if poison fang matters to you, which it does to me) to rebuff and lose all your chi + any other buffs you might have had.

And I really wouldn't compare that to a BM, since all you would have to do is leisurely walk away from the glitched barb, and he can't do anything to you, since he has no control skills to use.

Offline Rompur

i only know it works by re statting your points and even you relog you cant  go back anymore to tiger form with fist..need re stat again..so basicly you can be fist tiger mode 15 mins..then lose first buff and cant use any skills...

i dont mind if its maded illegal..its so fail already

Offline Faeryl

Rule #7: Using game bugs or modifying client to gain unfair advantage is forbidden.

I would have thought by now Agatio, would have commented on the post Dark wrote, as it is a true area of concern in regards to a double standard being set forth. Rule# 7 makes no mistake in clarifying itself, although Alpha claims Agatio told him personally it is ok to glitch the tiger form with fists. If this is true then it is a blatant contradiction to rule #7 and is the true definition of a double standard. Same with fire glitch, as it is an unfair advantage, but yet it is allowed: again another contradiction to rule #7 and true definition of a double standard. A bug or design flaw including glitches used by a player to their advantage in a manner NOT intended by the game designer, Therefore this is a form of cheating. Also, the word forbidden is used in Rule#7 which means NOT permitted or allowed. I challenge you Agatio, to please either stand behind your Rule#7 or take it off your rule list of things people must follow while playing on Epic. You banned multiple players for supposed usage of bots, yet players are using/allowed to bug/glitch the game to their advantage and blatantly abusing Rule#7 and no consequence for it, again DOUBLE STANDARD.

A double standard is the application of different sets of principles for similar situations, or to different people in the same situation. Therefore, a set of principles that allows greater freedom to one person or group than to another. A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain concepts (often, for example, a word, phrase, social norm, OR RULE) are perceived as acceptable to be applied by one group of people or person, but are considered unacceptable when applied by another group or person.
Such double standards are seen as unjustified because they violate a basic established principle or proposition the theory and philosophy of law/rules: that all parties should stand equal before the law/rules. Double standards also violate the principle of justice known as impartiality, which is based on the assumption that the same standards should be applied to all people, without regard to subjective bias or favoritism based on social class, rank, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or other distinctions (IN THE CASE OF EPIC WOULD BE THE RULES). A double standard violates this principle by holding different people accountable according to different standards.
Last Edit: Feb 08, 2012, 04:00 pm by Faeryl
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline IsFuzzy

ok hopefully this post here will stop all this.

Barb weak power needed boost especially against bms weapon buff awesome im not 140 yet to try out the weapons idk if all the weapons have been buffed.

Glitching with Claws.

GET OVER YOURSELF PEOPLE ok even if there is a rule against a barb OR veno glitching the claws or fist. Look at bms they have 3-4 glitches they can use Fire Glitch Attack speed Glitch and Crit Glitch if there demon and idk if many knew or not but ranged stun glitch. If your going to tell a barb or a heavy veno not to glitch claws and if you ban them then ban all the bms who glitch skills also cause against a pro bm no one can win bms have to glitch to kill other bms which i find crap if you know your class you should be able to kill almost anything or survive until charm goes. Perfect World Rebirth had the same topic on there about this crap. Yes glitching is exploiting a part of the game but until recently it was on the official server also they just recently got rid of all the glitching. Pretty much all im saying about this is either live with it or leave cause glitching is part of the game yes it does make that person stronger but bm glitches are way more op then this claws fist glitch.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?

Barb weak power needed boost especially against bms weapon buff awesome im not 140 yet to try out the weapons idk if all the weapons have been buffed.

Glitching with Claws.

GET OVER YOURSELF PEOPLE ok even if there is a rule against a barb OR veno glitching the claws or fist. Look at bms they have 3-4 glitches they can use Fire Glitch Attack speed Glitch and Crit Glitch if there demon and idk if many knew or not but ranged stun glitch. If your going to tell a barb or a heavy veno not to glitch claws and if you ban them then ban all the bms who glitch skills also cause against a pro bm no one can win bms have to glitch to kill other bms which i find crap if you know your class you should be able to kill almost anything or survive until charm goes. Perfect World Rebirth had the same topic on there about this crap. Yes glitching is exploiting a part of the game but until recently it was on the official server also they just recently got rid of all the glitching. Pretty much all im saying about this is either live with it or leave cause glitching is part of the game yes it does make that person stronger but bm glitches are way more op then this claws fist glitch.

You must not have read ANYTHING I posted, if you did, you didn't understand my meaning. No one needs to get over themselves, I am merely stating that IF it is legal then take the rule out, plain and simple, that way people who have morals and honor and are playing the game honestly(not glitching or bugging the system) won't have to come on here and write a 3 page paper on how someone glitching the system throws off the balance.  Again let me make myself clear, I AM A BM WHO CAN BEAT OTHER BM'S WITHOUT GLITCHING. is that clear enough for all you haters out there who think im qqing? Got it? good lets move on now. Please agatio, answer this post so I can either move on or continue killing barbs even with bm nerfs, barb patch and without glitching.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Faeryl

Glitching with Claws.

Getting over ones self doesn’t apply, and leaving has no relevance either. It doesn’t matter what class or bug/glitch is used or has been used. It doesn’t matter which class has more glitches over another. The point is a double standard is being applied when it comes to rule#7. The only reason glitching is part of any game, is because the rules that are set forth are not enforced by the Admin/GM’s of a game. If you take the time to write out the rules and post them, then one must take the time to enforce them. Again, rule#7 needs to be amended or taken out entirely.

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
i really don't understand what you guys saying, barbarians are easy to kill by archer. My skill shortcuts are : stunning arrow,knock back arrow, serrated,vicious and wingspan ( got all of them demon) .

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
i really don't understand what you guys saying, barbarians are easy to kill by archer. My skill shortcuts are : stunning arrow,knock back arrow, serrated,vicious and wingspan ( got all of them demon) .
Barbs are easy to kill by an archer.. maybe barbs g15,g16 when archer is quite better geared... Barbs are not supposed to be easy killed by an archer and they obviously aren't (at least since recent changes)

Offline Faeryl

Went back and read and I am not sure where you see an Archer killing a Barb was even the point in this topic. No wonder you didn't understand it. The majority of the post was about barbs glitching the fist hack, and was it legal or not.

Barbs are easy to kill by an archer.. maybe barbs g15,g16 when archer is quite better geared... Barbs are not supposed to be easy killed by an archer and they obviously aren't (at least since recent changes)

What a way to by bass the topic....
Agatio, maybe you can dig down deep in your soul and answer a very simple question, as you were quoted as stating the fist glitch on Barbs was fine, but yet your rules state it isn't, which is a double standard. Please, answer the questions that were asked of you above in the thread, so I can continue to keep the same admiration that I have for you.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Agatio, maybe you can dig down deep in your soul and answer a very simple question, as you were quoted as stating the fist glitch on Barbs was fine, but yet your rules state it isn't, which is a double standard. Please, answer the questions that were asked of you above in the thread, so I can continue to keep the same admiration that I have for you.
I will not ban glitching BMs because:
- I would have to ban 1/4 of the server
- it would cause BMs to be meat in PK with no damage
- 80% BMs would quit

I will not ban the barbs glitching fist in tiger because the "advantage" from that is questionable.