i agree, remove chains, problem solved
cough nirvana geared alts cough
just incase people over look this bro  :smiley:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
If people / aga really consider the chains to be an issue you could easily solve that my adding those fire looking mobs you find in fsp which kill you if you are too close to them, this should be easy for a gm to spawn or for it to be added default to an instance , but m sure most people rely on chains to place their ungeared alts, so this might not be a change people would be pleased with

I know that they do.  It'd force people to gear up alts (I'm just a nitpicker, but I personally think that a char has no business being in certain high-level instances/events without the proper gear for their level), or just forgo doing the event on those chars.  I think the insta-kill mobs would be kinda funny. XD

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
If people / aga really consider the chains to be an issue you could easily solve that my adding those fire looking mobs you find in fsp which kill you if you are too close to them, this should be easy for a gm to spawn or for it to be added default to an instance , but m sure most people rely on chains to place their ungeared alts, so this might not be a change people would be pleased with
I don't think this is a good idea at all. There's already enough lag in that event and that would make it a thousand times worse.

Not sure how long you've been here, but Ares had high HP before, and his HP was cut in half to help the 10 people who comes on too late for him to die in 5 seconds.  After like 8PM server time, he's nigh impossible to kill in a timely fashion.  Upping his HP would just make it harder for those who can only log and do event in the last 2 hours.
Been playing for about 6 months, good sir. But I meant "high hp" as in the HP he has now with the lessen damage buff.

Offline MadWhiteRabbit

• Desserthoes for president
  • Faction: Ducks
I don't think this is a good idea at all. There's already enough lag in that event and that would make it a thousand times worse.

I believe this should solve the lag issue  :smiley:

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
Removing chains won't solve anything, you can still go inside with 1 geared character and leave others outside to be teleported for when the boss is near death.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
I believe this should solve the lag issue  :smiley:
That doesn't fix lag from mobs, and that's what the flame's are [Turning down your effects only turns off the brightness of the flame, not the entire flame]. Even with "only show important players" on, there's still going to be more lag if like 20+ mobs are added to keep ******s off the chain.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Been playing for about 6 months, good sir. But I meant "high hp" as in the HP he has now with the lessen damage buff.

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm a lady btw :)

Aga has tried his darnest to make it so that Ares is more bearable in the lag department.  The way this game was designed, and the fact that the server is in EU, no one's gonna have a lag-free game all the time.  Turning down settings does help, but there are other factors.

If the lag is unbearable, and you don't mind killing Ares slower, then going at a later time might be a good thing.  I can handle going in at 10am my time (when it starts), but it's so much more bearable later in the day (but with 7 chars, I ain't got time for that).

Stay Classy.

Offline Mercenary

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I gt 18 chars to do for ares later takes hours and whenever i go early their r some ass that sog 24/7 its 10am for me to start ares
jopaer/Mercenary

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Thanks for the clarification.  I'm a lady btw :)
Ohhhh, sorry. Ma'am. >.< Your forum pic made me believe otherwise.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Ohhhh, sorry. Ma'am. >.< Your forum pic made me believe otherwise.

No worries, I get it all the time. :)

Stay Classy.

Offline Guardian

• Characters: Guardian
  • Faction: Artifex, Salmarnir

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.

Dahell? Is that second guy trying to break his damn back?

Stay Classy.
I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that SOG doesn't really matter all that much considering the amount of people in the instance doing damage to the boss, and all of those with weapons that have the purge proc. It may take you an extra minute to kill the boss... is it really that hard to put up with? :monkey-9:
Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that SOG doesn't really matter all that much considering the amount of people in the instance doing damage to the boss, and all of those with weapons that have the purge proc. It may take you an extra minute to kill the boss... is it really that hard to put up with? :monkey-9:
You can't purge sog gg
And ares doesn't really have self buff to purge. Your point? O_O
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?