Epic Perfect World

Graphics Card stopped working and has recovered.

Offline stephhh872

Ok so, i just got a new laptop and it has both nvidia graphics and a intel graphics card. When i start client, the game freezes for about 1-2 minutes and then gives me an "intel graphics card has stopped working and successfully recovered" then all is fine. Im confused as to why this happens? did i download the game wrong? is it not registering to my nvidia card?

also another problem is, I can not for the life of me put game in full screen mode, the screen flashes black every seconds. I can still play the game and do everything correctly just the screen flashes. I have other games installed on my laptop that demand higher graphics so i know the card isnt bad..its just the game...im hoping atleast.

heres some dxdiag pics
someone pls help :D

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
So, did you fix this yet ? ? ?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
If this starts happening frequently, your graphics card has overheated too much and is now faulty, needing replacement.

I just had this problem a while ago, make sure you're cleaning out your fans and I would personally download 'Speccy' by piriform to see your core temps.

It'll monitor in real time, so if there is an issue, you'll know right away which part is overheating.

This happened to me and I luckily still had part warranty, sent my computer in and now I'm good as new.

Upon checking out your screenshots more, you may want to try and update your drivers for your graphics card. They're listed as last updated 11/3/2014.

I'd make sure you get them updated with the latest drivers.. and if the problem persists, you know its your hardware for sure.
Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:04 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
I think his problem is with the game client. He runs the game from Intel Graphics Card and thats why he is getting that constant notification of Intel graphics being recovered.  He is prolly asking how would he make the game run from Nvidia instead. 

Offline Shazadi

• Lucy's wife ♥
  • Characters: DustAngel/Shazadi
Man that is nothing. Should see what i have!! Restart the pc and is going to be fine.
I think his problem is with the game client. He runs the game from Intel Graphics Card and thats why he is getting that constant notification of Intel graphics being recovered.  He is prolly asking how would he make the game run from Nvidia instead.
There is a video on youtube how to make games run with nVidia. But none for my problem.
Lucy my lovely wifu! <3

Vegas

Try a different driver, if it's not working it's either overheating or unstable ( lower voltage than needed)

Offline 2

• Old Player
1. since PW is mostly CPU based, running the client on integrated graphics on an already hot running laptop might be causing your processor to throttle and the integrated graphics to fail. since you already have a separate GPU, access your laptop's BIOS by spamming DELETE while it turns on, and search for a setting to change your display driver / on board graphics from your processor's integrated graphics to your Nvidia GTX860M.

2. if something in your system is overclocked, whether it's your CPU's integrated graphics or the GTX860M, the black screen + the "driver has failed" error could mean an unstable overclock. since the GTX800 series is just a year old, there should be no reason for the hardware to fail even at stock voltage. if you don't know how to overclock/ not sure if you overclocked something, go to your laptop's BIOS and restore everything to defaults. or, download CPU-ID and check your processor's turbo frequency + voltage and compare it to it's standard frequency/voltage on google (you probably don't need to do this)

3. if you've successfully switched your integrated graphics to your GTX 860M and you encounter the same problem with your GPU (which you shouldn't), check if the GPU is overclocked by downloading MSI afterburner and compare the GPU's turbo frequency / voltage to stock frequency/voltage of a normal GTX860M

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
1. since PW is mostly CPU based, running the client on integrated graphics on an already hot running laptop might be causing your processor to throttle and the integrated graphics to fail. since you already have a separate GPU, access your laptop's BIOS by spamming DELETE while it turns on, and search for a setting to change your display driver / on board graphics from your processor's integrated graphics to your Nvidia GTX860M.

2. if something in your system is overclocked, whether it's your CPU's integrated graphics or the GTX860M, the black screen + the "driver has failed" error could mean an unstable overclock. since the GTX800 series is just a year old, there should be no reason for the hardware to fail even at stock voltage. if you don't know how to overclock/ not sure if you overclocked something, go to your laptop's BIOS and restore everything to defaults. or, download CPU-ID and check your processor's turbo frequency + voltage and compare it to it's standard frequency/voltage on google (you probably don't need to do this)

3. if you've successfully switched your integrated graphics to your GTX 860M and you encounter the same problem with your GPU (which you shouldn't), check if the GPU is overclocked by downloading MSI afterburner and compare the GPU's turbo frequency / voltage to stock frequency/voltage of a normal GTX860M

fukkin nerd

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Captain Kek posting something serious? damn

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Has updating drivers fixed it for you?

Offline Ranny

• Support Member
  • Instinct Active
  • ᕼᙓᒪᒪᖇᗩᔓᗢᖇ - I like to raise hell
  • Characters: Ranny
  • Faction: HellRazor
So, did you fix this yet ? ? ?
doin a necro Krish? Nov 20, 2014, 04:23:49 pm  :tiger-24:

He probably fixed it by now or didn't try play this server since no1 replied.

Thank you for the lovely siggy  :tiger-48: Jolteon :tiger-48:
Check my girl out @ xitouxv deviantart

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
I was just going thru forums and that thread popped outta nowhere. I kinda had same problem before.  And yes only Xar's reply is legit.  I meant I had to do the same.

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

:normal-10:

Offline stephhh872

hey guys im back, i stopped playing this server because i was unable to get the damn client to work correctly. I had the urge to play again so i came and tried and again, NOT working. 

I appreciate all the replys on this and have some clues as to why this is not working and am going to try and figure some stuff out. I have been having issues updating this computer in general for months now so im suspicious if that to why the client isnt working. I know now that it isnt THIS server because as of yesterday 8/13/2015 i tried a completely different private server and had the same issues! (black boxes over the entire UI causing me to not be able to click anything, freezing, screen turning BRIGHT and when i say bright i mean bright white I am overly frustrated at this machine even tho i know its my updates. My boyfriend has tried updating this laptop and it failed about 25 times. I have all day to sit with it so im going to try and get everything situated cause i cant get the need of wanting to play this game out of my head. 

I also am not running the game threw intel graphics card I always run threw my NVIDIA i may be a girl but i DO know how to do that :p

like i said, i suspect my not being able to update ANYTHING is the problem....
i will follow up in a few hours if i get anywhere. 
thanks for the advice and feel free to leave more if anyone new or existing has any new info or suggestions for me!

Goldengate

hey guys im back, i stopped playing this server because i was unable to get the damn client to work correctly. I had the urge to play again so i came and tried and again, NOT working.

I appreciate all the replys on this and have some clues as to why this is not working and am going to try and figure some stuff out. I have been having issues updating this computer in general for months now so im suspicious if that to why the client isnt working. I know now that it isnt THIS server because as of yesterday 8/13/2015 i tried a completely different private server and had the same issues! (black boxes over the entire UI causing me to not be able to click anything, freezing, screen turning BRIGHT and when i say bright i mean bright white I am overly frustrated at this machine even tho i know its my updates. My boyfriend has tried updating this laptop and it failed about 25 times. I have all day to sit with it so im going to try and get everything situated cause i cant get the need of wanting to play this game out of my head.

I also am not running the game threw intel graphics card I always run threw my NVIDIA i may be a girl but i DO know how to do that :p

like i said, i suspect my not being able to update ANYTHING is the problem....
i will follow up in a few hours if i get anywhere.
thanks for the advice and feel free to leave more if anyone new or existing has any new info or suggestions for me!
According to the given information, I assume your Operating System is Windows 10. Which in that case its normal for you to have these kind of problems as Windows 10 is fairly new to the market and many hardware manufacturers didn't get a chance to update their products for compatibility yet.
Correct me if your Operating System is different :)