Epic Perfect World

Mystic

Offline Echooo♧

• Old Player
  • Characters: ♣StormBringer♣
Hey guys ;) i want to play mystic :) and dont know demon or sage to take? whic is better? whic does more dmg and has more suvivability?:) tell all u know guys and will be better if experienced ppl will tell me ;D

Offline The Reaper

Sage nuff said  :-X

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
USE THE #*%*#* SEARCH BUTTON

This, minus the expletive.

A lot of your posts are asking about which class to choose or how to play a class.
You could just search or just try something to see what works for you.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

scatterer3

People always choose Smartass over Helpful.

On topic: For damage, demon. And for support and tank go sage.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
I dont think sage/demon can be better than each other at DD or support... It just depends on the person that is playing on it.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
People always choose Smartass over Helpful.

What has been said is actually helpful o:
Questions of this nature have been asked a 100 times and a player could find out much more information
on one page of searching than waiting a few hours for people to reply to a topic.
Not to mention doing a bit of research yourself on skills, gameplay, PK videos and such
will better help you understand which culti would work for YOU rather than people telling you what to play.

Opulence

I dont think sage/demon can be better than each other at DD or support... It just depends on the person that is playing on it.

I agree with this. I've seen sages do crazy damage, and be tank. And there are those who play demon and still are good support. The best way to know is to look at the skill set, figure out what sounds best to you and start playing :smiley:.

scatterer3

I actually do not know why demon/sage cultivation/skills exist, when they are the same.

Questions of this nature have been asked a 100 times and a player could find out much more information
on one page of searching than waiting a few hours for people to reply to a topic.
Not to mention doing a bit of research yourself on skills, gameplay, PK videos and such
will better help you understand which culti would work for YOU rather than people telling you what to play.
If someone asks about your opinion, it's very kind and wise to give him/her your opinion. The fact that you apparently feel insulted, makes me want to believe that you really wanted to be a "Smartass" in your previous post.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
I actually do not know why demon/sage cultivation/skills exist, when they are the same.

The only thing that changes between sage and demon are the extra effects that are added to the skills whenever you choose one cultivation. I have played with both cultivations... But i still think that my gameplay suits more with demon than sage when it comes to damage and whenever i'm supporting of course sage #1.

Off-Topic: Even if my main is ep... Yes, i have a mystic... Please don't hate. :'(

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member

If someone asks about your opinion, it's very kind and wise to give him/her your opinion. The fact that you apparently feel insulted, makes me want to believe that you really wanted to be a "Smartass" in your previous post.

I don't feel insulted o.o
I just assumed it was partially directed at me as I didn't give a specific opinion in my last post.
I was genuinely trying to be helpful as they have often posted quite a lot of topics asking questions
that had been already answered before and it would save them a lot of time waiting if they searched.
Especially now that cultivation doesn't require full completion to change,
it's much easier to just find what works for you, than to ask which is better.

Edit: To give a specific answer, I was always demon on my mystic.
I liked the demon benefits more than the sage ones.
I did try sage at the suggestion of one of the best mystics on any PW server,
however it didn't work for me. I wasn't comfortable on it.

Hence back to what I originally said:
It's about what works for you. Both cultis have their pros and cons.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 04:51 pm by Melody⋆

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I don't know Melady........
From an outsiders perspective it seemed as if Seby was being a pretentious asshole out of being frustrated/annoyed at Ywo_'s thread topics. It seemed as if you Melady were supporting assory (its a word)
Here's a better way Seby could have answered the question without coming off as rude:

Ywo_ below is a link to mystic's sage and demon skills, read about them and choose which one better fits you play style.
http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html

Feel free to ask about anything you feel fit Ywo_, ignore those who quickly ridicule you because their tolerance for repetition has declined. Do keep in mind Ywo_ that most of the information you seek is on the forum, all you have to do is simply search.......
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
From an outsiders perspective it seemed as if Seby was being a pretentious asshole out of being frustrated/annoyed at Ywo_'s thread topics. It seemed as if you Melady were supporting assory (its a word)
Here's a better way Seby could have answered the question without coming off as rude:

Ywo_ below is a link to mystic's sage and demon skills, read about them and choose which one better fits you play style.

Feel free to ask about anything you feel fit Ywo_, ignore those who quickly ridicule you because their tolerance for repetition has declined. Do keep in mind Ywo_ that most of the information you seek is on the forum, all you have to do is simply search.......

Well I did not intend to come across rude at all,
and did not support anything of that nature (hence why I said 'excluding the expletives').

I often tell people to search as it is one of the best ways to find information
as chances are there are a plethora of topics on the matter already.
It would save them time and open up a lot more options in terms of replies and answers or advice.

Apologies if I sounded rude or unhelpful. It was not intended.
People are too quick to judge.

My name is Melody qq

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

so u r saying that i should go make a thread about how to get charms and not expect dumb answers or make a thread that been made 40times be4 just because im too lazy to use the 'Search topic...' option, it even has an 'advanced' mode, which makes it more fit for ur requirements . Dont try to protect the fact that some people do repeat same things over and over, just realise that the button 'Search' is there for a reason.
I've been rude cause people keep telling him that 'the answer button does exist' and he seems to forget every single time, or he has a problem with reading and he just makes them for the sake of looking useless on every class

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
so u r saying that i should go make a thread about how to get charms and not expect dumb answers or make a thread that been made 40times be4 just because im too lazy to use the 'Search topic...' option, it even has an 'advanced' mode, which makes it more fit for ur requirements . Dont try to protect the fact that some people do repeat same things over and over, just realise that the button 'Search' is there for a reason.
I've been rude cause people keep telling him that 'the answer button does exist' and he seems to forget every single time, or he has a problem with reading and he just makes them for the sake of looking useless on every class
Ignore the thread then

Oh and.. I went demon on mystic, I find aoe purify, tidal, wood debuff, res with full hp and 5 min petals better than sage versions. Lack of pdef is the downside, even though it's just 10% lower than sage one..
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 04:48 pm by Angelala
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden