Epic Perfect World

KSing...aka...Kill Stealing

Offline lordnobody

• LordTzaphil
  • Director of Angered
  • Characters: Lord_Tzaphil
  • Faction: Angered
You know it is so rude and inconsiderate when high level toons come along  while a noob is trying to level up and steal their kill......we all have done it on occasion I am guilty my self at times but I have never done it on purpose...When I go out on base quests or what not I always watch others so that I stay clear of them....and then there is always some body who comes along and KS me...no matter where I go or what I do...even though I am level 150 BM  I use axes still working on R8 gear and for some Sin to come along and KS me is completely disrespectful, rude, inconsiderate and just down right selfish greediness...and then to see high levels do it to low levels  is even more enraging.....I have seen 2 people log off and never return because of this.....may not mean much to you...but I am sure Agatio might not like it considering the implications  if we observe this in a grander scale....you High level Vets...stay away from peoples kills just because you can kill it faster then them..with your 5.0 APS or 1 shot kills...keep that in your PK areas and give these noobs a chance to learn their skills and play their game..quit pushing people away from this server...
Angel

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
i have to agree with you on this one... if im in pk mode even as a 150 r8 veno i tend to go with my faction because i know there is hungry pkers out there that want to kill anything that moves even to the point of ganking sometimes o.o xD it is definitely not fair to pk a low lvl tho either... or kill steal :/
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
i have to agree with you on this one... if im in pk mode even as a 150 r8 veno i tend to go with my faction because i know there is hungry pkers out there that want to kill anything that moves even to the point of ganking sometimes o.o xD it is definitely not fair to pk a low lvl tho either... or kill steal :/

I don't think they were talking about PK.
They meant people killstealing mobs.
If they are low level, they shouldn't be out of blue name.

As for the topic, everybody needs BQ. It's a small area of mobs.
Chances are they aren't going to know you are low level and they aren't going to check.
People aren't going to wait around in line.
They just want their BQ done.
Might be a tad rude but that's life.
It would be faster to level than to expect people to change or to worry about it.
And if people are quitting because someone stole their small pixel kill,
then I am not sure they would handle this server or this game or any game.

Edit: I don't mean to be rude at all and I don't condone KSing but it happens.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 05:54 am by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae

Chances are they aren't going to know you are low level and they aren't going to check.
It would be faster to level than to expect people to change or to worry about it.
Have to say I agree with Melody on this. This server is full of harsh trash talk and brutal pk. If someone is whining over a mob kill, I doubt they're going to be able to handle being on this server unless they stay "pve mode" only.
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 05:47 am by ᾋʟყх

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
lol omg complaining about pve kills on pk server

go play pwi omg xDDDD

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
lol omg complaining about pve kills on pk server

go play pwi omg xDDDD

We've been through this before.
It's not just a PK server. It caters to PVE as well.
That's the great thing about Epic, we try to cater to everyone's playstyles.
However KSing is not something we can control,
not to mention it would baby the game if we monitor something like this.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
You lost the plot

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms

Edit: I don't mean to be rude at all and I don't condone KSing but it happens.
I think he was also implying any mobs/bosses with a little bit more HP that needs some beating to be killed. And yes we all know that when someone finds such a goodie dropping mob/boss, even if someone is attacking it from before already, they attack it aswell, and if their damage is high enough, then the drops are in favor of the person who pulled in later. I guess that's what he meant.
But tbh, Tzaphil, this can't really be helped. This is a part of the game. Some people do it to get the drops. Some people do it just for fun, so that the other person gets angry. That's their way of having fun. And that is a part of this game aswell. We just gotta accept it. After all it's just a game. :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Three

• Nyx stole this <3
  • ☀ Suns stole this too.
  • Faction: Quack

This...I mean it's cruel and annoying and it happened to me once too, but it was my fault mostly...If i can't handle PK at a time, I just won't be or shouldn't be in PK mode..
Also, it doesn't happen all the time, and not all people are rude :)

01.01.2016. ♥

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
I think he was also implying any mobs/bosses with a little bit more HP that needs some beating to be killed. And yes we all know that when someone finds such a goodie dropping mob/boss, even if someone is attacking it from before already, they attack it aswell, and if their damage is high enough, then the drops are in favor of the person who pulled in later. I guess that's what he meant.
But tbh, Tzaphil, this can't really be helped. This is a part of the game. Some people do it to get the drops. Some people do it just for fun, so that the other person gets angry. That's their way of having fun. And that is a part of this game aswell. We just gotta accept it. After all it's just a game. :)
He specifically mentioned BQ mobs.

However if they did mean other bosses and such, like world bosses, then I'd advise not going after those until you are adequately leveled and gear.

Offline Maxmilion

• Characters: Banchou
  • Faction: Aeons
by bosses it can be world bosses/save princess event or fire legion fyi. but then again if i can gear up n max lv sure thing u can do the same... the earth which god used to craft us is not weak
i'll bring an army that starts from me and ends with you

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Stop ks me nob  :'(