Epic Perfect World

EPW: Strategy

EricaMurcas

Even as a child, I always preferred to outwit my opponent opposed to outgunning them. As I got older, I started to study military stratagem and how supply and demand can effect a battle. I always wondered if there were factions that used actual military tactics in PK/Mass PK/TW? If so, which ones do you favor? When playing RTS games, I always sat up ambush units at strategic spots, such as collection sites, rally points, and points of aid. This forced the opponent to retreat. The beauty of the ambush was that it appeared to be, at first glance, just a bunch of scattered units that weren't really up to anything, but when they saw prey encroaching on their spot of engagement they coalesced and attacked the enemy units, causing them to retreat. By appearing disengaged and seemingly unorganized, one can easily win a battle with a well planned ambush.

Another was to be vocal with what direction most of the attacks were coming from. So, say, most enemy units were coming from the south, friendly, "espionage" units (I.E., in this case, a blue name with no faction), would scout out the south to see if it was organized or if these attacks were completely random. If they were organized, the scout would inform the one in charge, then a strategic retreat and regroup behind enemy territory would begin. If it were random and the friendly units were taking heavy damage/were out numbered/flanked, I would normally suggest a retreat to rally up those that were willing to fight and send small units to strongholds, where they would eventually surround the enemy and, when given the word, they would attack from all sides in what seemed to be a blitzkrieg. So, tell me fellow strategist, what methods do you use?

Offline Atkala

• Forum Veteran
  • I am too nice for this shit.
  • Characters: Aisy
Get numbers.. WIN  >:D

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
Skype Sig -> Win.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Skype sig brother, skype sig. :3
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
i hit the shiny buttons in random order and run once i get hit :police:

EricaMurcas

Skype Sig seems to be a very sound strategy! And numbers are ALWAYS good. Also, Neve, you made me laugh because that's what my husband said when I asked him what his strategy was. "I hit F1 and F2 in an alternating fashion, wave my hand, and suddenly things die! Mysterious!" Cheeky little bastard. *laughs*  Also, Shotime, I was essentially asking about how people fight, their strategy for winning battles, as long winded as it was. Sorry, I'm kind of... weird.

Offline Magnanimous

I have always been a fan of strategy games, mostly w3, sc, and civ series. One of my favourite strategy is to create distraction (e.g faking an invade/assault) on one side of the map while the main attack force is in the fog of war waiting in some bush. Then, watch the enemy chase down the bait, while the main force is coming from behind for some surprise buttsecks.

In multiplayer games, strategy in itself does not matter as much. The most important thing is that everybody is following one call. The most common mistake that people/factions make is doing too many different things at the same time. e.g 10 person in squad hitting 10 different targets. e.g half of the faction going west, half of the faction going east. e.g people taking 1hr to put on makeup and buff up after taking a faction sig, while the rest of the faction is getting slaughtered not so far away. e.g People chasing down a nonfactor to Africa, while the main fight is still going on elsewhere. e.g. 5 people fighting, while 3 people are already bailing out. Even if it is not the best strategy, people should commit to one call if the call is already made. Trying to argue (aka keyboard warriors, who type more than actually they do stuff) in the middle of the fight or just merely hesitating to get in, will only reduce the chance of success (even if the chance of success is small already). 'Feedback' should be reserved after the fight is over. If you want to fight, everybody should be fighting;  if you want to run, everybody should be running; as simple and efficient as it can get.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
i'm a oficial in the air force and milatiry tactic don't work at all on pw idk what u on about lol

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War

Muffy

i'm a oficial in the air force and milatiry tactic don't work at all on pw idk what u on about lol

I think you need air force squad first come fast

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
I think you need air force squad first come fast
if need to a person that is lost so he/she can get hate target instead of us.

DaDeadpool

How all GA, Are, Xpen, Arti, Pinoy pk.
Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014, 10:00 pm by DaDeadpool

Offline Praelium

• Forum Veteran

Lmfaoo