Epic Perfect World

Some suggestion

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
come at me BeWitched whenever wherever.... u wont kill me like all the others that tried before you
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

+ 1 veno is hybride class and i want to try play aps demon veno it look nice (lolly scared cuz died to aps veno LOL (suggest go get skills))  and if any gm read this topic why vit tome is nerfed? 6%? any excuse?
I remember she was killed by a sage aps veno. LOL

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Hello DeMi.

I agree that replacing for example strength from pataka to -int would not be a bad idea if the dragon pataka is already a hybrid weapon.
However I would like to give you few tips how you could improve your character now. I would like to point out that I never tried this build, but you could consider it or maybe you have already tried it.
First of all, to get max -int, you should use following parts: heavy chest, legs and boots, light helmet and wrists. This way you would get additional -int from the light parts while keeping the full set bonus from dragon gear (+20atk/+15def levels).
To achieve maximum attack strength while having OK survivability the best would work 2 physical rings for accuracy, 2 magic ornaments for defence (Cube and WS), level 7 strength tome for accu and supreme robe.
And of course you would want to use the dragon pataka most of the time, while using your r8 def pataka when necessary.
Magic stat would be only needed to wear the weapon and all remaining points would be distributed between strength and dexterity.
This build would focus on the physical attack in maximum way and should allow you to kill people in the fox form, but the biggest disadvantage would be long chanting time for all the debuffs.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
It's more of a question of want vs need.

Do we really need an interval pataka? No.  I don't see a particular use for it.  Maybe for PvE, but BM's get laughed at for APSing in PK situations.  Imagine a veno.  There's also the huge matter of balance.  How exactly would you make a weapon like this viable without it not making a veno,  demon ones in particular, even more "OP"*?

*I put "OP" in quotes since folks like to use "demon WF" and "OP" in tandem, and it's not necessarily true.

It's also the matter of would it be worth the time and effort to make a weapon like this for a handful of venos on the server.  It depends, but there are bigger fish to fry.

The whole want vs. need argument can be applied to a lot of things that were added to the server.  Of course we don't need fash or special mounts/flyers, but it's added because it's something new and it's something people enjoy.  It's the same with this.

As for the BM example, maybe they would get laughed at if they attempted to APS in mass PK when they're supposed to be CCing and supporting.  In 1v1s, though, it's fine and sometimes expected for them to APS.  The same idea can be applied to WF.  A faction will probably want the WF purging and CCing and such instead of just APSing, but in 1v1 it's entirely up to how they want to play their character, and that's when APS can come into play.  Or PvE as you said, I guess.

Like you said, it can become something OP if not balanced correctly, but then it boils down to whether or not the GMs want to put in the effort for it.  We can't really know how many WFs would actually use the build.  Maybe it's as IDuKnow said, that there could be many more WFs willing to use the build but they feel forced to go AA instead.  It could be a useful addition to the server depending on how it's done.  So I don't think it should be written off so quickly as something just "not worth it".

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
+ 1 veno is hybride class and i want to try play aps demon veno it look nice (lolly scared cuz died to aps veno LOL (suggest go get skills))  and if any gm read this topic why vit tome is nerfed? 6%? any excuse?

^ THIS. When i asked if it would be fixed, i meant that i wanted 8% not 6%..... I wouldn't mind if you guys make it 10%, since some classes like venomancer and wizard cant resist against anything even with it.
Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 04:17 pm by Leevy

Offline ~BeWitch~

• Creator of Venos
  • Characters: BeWitch
  • Faction: ★420★
^ THIS. When i asked if it would be fixed, i meant that i wanted 8% not 6%.....
yea i  was surprised when i check vit tome ;< i want it 8% too  agatio can fix it?

Offline DeMi

• Characters: DeMi, Sukkub, NelIiel
  • Faction: none r.n.
Hello DeMi.

I agree that replacing for example strength from pataka to -int would not be a bad idea if the dragon pataka is already a hybrid weapon.
However I would like to give you few tips how you could improve your character now. I would like to point out that I never tried this build, but you could consider it or maybe you have already tried it.
First of all, to get max -int, you should use following parts: heavy chest, legs and boots, light helmet and wrists. This way you would get additional -int from the light parts while keeping the full set bonus from dragon gear (+20atk/+15def levels).
To achieve maximum attack strength while having OK survivability the best would work 2 physical rings for accuracy, 2 magic ornaments for defence (Cube and WS), level 7 strength tome for accu and supreme robe.
And of course you would want to use the dragon pataka most of the time, while using your r8 def pataka when necessary.
Magic stat would be only needed to wear the weapon and all remaining points would be distributed between strength and dexterity.
This build would focus on the physical attack in maximum way and should allow you to kill people in the fox form, but the biggest disadvantage would be long chanting time for all the debuffs.

WILL be real amazing if it can happened :D and about my build and stuffs i got la glovers and boots r8 pants and hvu helmet and top it make me max 2.22 aps if im using genie buff or stone in a weapon. So i was trying all whats possible here.
And again thanks so much for reply! And i hope this pataka exchange add from str to int will be added to game <3 thanks again

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
^ THIS. When i asked if it would be fixed, i meant that i wanted 8% not 6%..... I wouldn't mind if you guys make it 10%, since some classes like venomancer and wizard cant resist against anything even with it.
For balance purposes, this tome is strong as it is, boost would not necessarily be a good idea.
For balance purposes, this tome is strong as it is, boost would not necessarily be a good idea.
The original tome said 8% on description, you just made it 6%. Now when people ask to change it back 8%, you say they are asking for a boost?

Also, before that, the tome said 8%, but it only gave 6% effectively. This bug was discovered by Roomi. So, instead of fixing it to 8%, you just changed it to 6%...I see what you did there...LOL
Last Edit: Nov 02, 2014, 04:37 pm by IDuKnow

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
The original tome gave 8%, you just made it 6%. Now when people ask to change it back 8%, you say they are asking for a boost?

Also, before that, the tome said 8%, but it only gave 6%. This bug was discovered by Roomi. So, instead of fixing it to 8%, you just changed it to 6%...I see what you did there...LOL

No it didn't, it always gave me 6%.

2% wouldn't make difference at all... its not everyone who has 6% physical reduce on r8's pieces.
No it didn't, it always gave me 6%.

2% wouldn't make difference at all... its not everyone who has 6% physical reduce on r8's pieces.
It said 8% on the description, but only gave 6%.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
It said 8% on the description, but only gave 6%.

Yeah, but actually i wanted it to be 8% in description+effects.  :'(

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Nice this thread still going, I'm surprised.
Quote from: IDuKnow
Are you saying that the minority does not deserve attention? Yes, 99% of the wfs are arcane in this server, but it does not mean no one wants to try being HA. In fact, some people switched to AA from HA; because they find HA wfs here suck. So, it is more like they were forced to be AA, rather than chose to be AA.
I didn't say it in that way. But I hardly ever see a heavy wf so I was basically saying since there isn't many, and there isn't much of any demand for this....that the time could be spent elsewhere. :3 But I mean yeah, if you want to say it in that way I won't stop you lol. I just didn't mean it in that way as they would get no attention whatsoever.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
+1, HA veno needs a boost

Offline T

• have u ever
  • ever felt like this
  • Characters: Infinitard
I don't think Heavy Venomancers need an APS Pataka. Our physical damage with Pataka is already pretty high as it is considering in fox form we get stuff like spammable grudge strike and ungodly levels of physical defense.

That said, I think there's a lot to be said about making our spells castable with claws (even if it doesn't apply to fox form but clawform would be heaven) so that we don't lose our opportunities for defense (Lucky Scarab/Parasitic Nova, Soul Transfusion, Metabolic Boost and Summer Sprint) while we're dealing damage. And before you talk about that throwing off balance, keep in mind that in order for a Heavy Venomancer to be effective with claws we have to sacrifice pretty much all of our already-dismal elemental defense and a chunk of our physical defense.

-1/+1 There are other ways to improve Heavy Venomancers without peppering their current weapons with unnecessary options. We hit hard with a Pataka in Fox Form, we don't need to hit insanely fast at the same time. That said, -.05 or -.10 on the Dragon Pataka really wouldn't hurt in any case, and any reason for more people to turn Heavy is good.

On an unrelated note more physical weapon skins being made available for venomancers (dual ego bruisers, daggers, etc.) would make me a very happy failfox.
Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 11:24 pm by T