Epic Perfect World

Archer-my new class

Offline Estela

So i started playing Archer.I need some tips.
Demon or Sage?(If can tell me why that one is better would be awesome)
How good is a archer in pk?
And what stats should I get on R8 or should I get dragon too?
Thats it I guess.Thanks for your time<3 :smiley:

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
demon and sage both work for archers - others can give you more details in where one is usualy better than the other ( im not much of an archer)
archers can be a real threat in pk.

usualy sage archers got for -channeling on their gears while demon archers go for int. and dex ofc for both

edit: you can check here for the effects the sage / demon skills have and compare to see what you like better
http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Sage. Unless you have an ungodly amount of EC and Dama's to get all -int gear. Then go demon.

Sage overall is better but demon with APS and ridiculously expensive gear will win in a fight.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
can someone pin one of the 91835918375913875 threads where this question was asked and answered

and have it underlined

and bolded

and bright red

with asterix

I beg you

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
easiest class 2 mass pk with, decent class 2 1v1 with, both sage/demon are good but demon better in mass imo for these amount of purges and sage in 1v1 :-X im bad

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Sage is better in 1v1 and more fun in mass if played correctly (it's the easier side to play)

Demon is more useful in mass because of purge chances, but it is actually harder to properly play.  It has a shorter stun, and often runs into chi issues in 1v1.  It is also more expensive to be well geared as a demon.  If you have proper CC classes with you in mass to control your targets, a demon aps archer will eat every arcane and LA easily.  Demon archers aps are also useful if you don't have a wf available for purging hard targets.

Sages traditionally build to either be channeling ea's or dex ea's.  I have a set for both builds, and I can't honestly decide which one I like more.  Chan/dex stats are a whole lot easier to get your hands on, making sage a cheaper alternative while still being effective.  This is definitely the easier option unless you're like me and you have the ec to make 2 of everything.

In terms of gear choice as a sage, since you're new, build for chan.  It is a lot easier to play. Do not learn the new primal skills btw.  And do not wear dragon ever.  ok bye
Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014, 03:59 am by Cynix
I'm basically 40

Offline Saph

• Frenchie player
  • Since 2007
  • Characters: $aphira / SAPHlRO
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Sage is better in 1v1 and more fun in mass if played correctly (it's the easier side to play)

Demon is more useful in mass because of purge chances, but it is actually harder to properly play.  It has a shorter stun, and often runs into chi issues in 1v1.  It is also more expensive to be well geared as a demon.  If you have proper CC classes with you in mass to control your targets, a demon aps archer will eat every arcane and LA easily.  Demon archers aps are also useful if you don't have a wf available for purging hard targets.

Sages traditionally build to either be channeling ea's or dex ea's.  I have a set for both builds, and I can't honestly decide which one I like more.  Chan/dex stats are a whole lot easier to get your hands on, making sage a cheaper alternative while still being effective.  This is definitely the easier option unless you're like me and you have the ec to make 2 of everything.

In terms of gear choice as a sage, since you're new, build for chan.  It is a lot easier to play. Do not learn the new primal skills btw.  And do not wear dragon ever.  ok bye

+1

And with Sage EA you can kill all classes. With a Demon EA it's hard to kill a heavy classe if it's a good player =/

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Scratch everything that I said above, don't play an archer. Create an assassin that has good dex/crit rite on gear's and go DPH with chill.

1 shot everything thats not a barbarian.

You are best.