Epic Perfect World

Could you GMs please..

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Someone sounds mad.
no its just anyone can be a gm if they dont wanna deal with pvp & I don't see why people are all like "omghhhhhzzzz GM's huehuheuhe so kewl bc *GM next to name"

It's runescape tier behavior

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
no its just anyone can be a gm if they dont wanna deal with pvp & I don't see why people are all like "omghhhhhzzzz GM's huehuheuhe so kewl bc *GM next to name"

What on Earth does PVP have to do with being a GM?
Is PVP all you ever think about?
Need to get out more, bro.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

PVP: because irl murder is illegal.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)

The basis of a Private server is for PvP in the first place. If people wanted to waste away their day's farming they'd play official server, the endgame for PWI even was meant for PvP. So yes, when playing a private server made for endgame PvP that is all I think about on this game.

When you become a GM, you take away the sole purpose of the game itself to benefit the community by hosting events, moderate world chat, ect. So I'd assume they either really didn't like to PvP much or they just play for the community's social aspects.

"You need to get out more, bro". <Says GM> wat xD

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
The basis of a Private server is for PvP in the first place. If people wanted to waste away their day's farming they'd play official server, the endgame for PWI even was meant for PvP. So yes, when playing a private server made for endgame PvP that is all I think about on this game.

When you become a GM, you take away the sole purpose of the game itself to benefit the community by hosting events, moderate world chat, ect. So I'd assume they either really didn't like to PvP much or they just play for the community's social aspects.

Your lack of knowledge, logic and understanding is outstanding.

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine

"You need to get out more, bro". <Says Person Who is literally working for game>??? xD

Because that is such a bad thing lol. I rather do this than dig graves like my uncle.  Most of us also have this magical ability to multi-task  and are also in  college or working.

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Your lack of knowledge, logic and understanding is outstanding.
How fast you all get offended is what's really astonishing.. I'm not even insulting you by any means :(
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 01:59 pm by Eviction

Offline Three

• Nyx stole this <3
  • ☀ Suns stole this too.
  • Faction: Quack
Well this thread went the wrong way quickly... Some people really need to let their frustrations out elsewhere :)

01.01.2016. ♥

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering

Not everyone can be a Moderator.
It's not something everyone can do,
Or at least the correct way. It's basically
Like being customer support. Not everyone
Can keep their cool when dealing with ppl.

Have you ever been in the shoes of a mod?
Or are you just looking from the outside?
When your in the role your views change, trust me.

Also, the title means nothing. That's
Just an assumption people make.
Like I care that I have a COLORED NAME!?
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 02:11 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

"The basis of a Private server is for PvP in the first place."
That is YOUR opinion. Perfect World is not just a PvP game, PvE servers would not exist otherwise.
EPW is technically a PvE server, PvP is not forced. Not everybody leaves official to PvP, PWI is heavily cash-shop oriented and if you don't have the money it's impossible to keep up for most players.

"When you become a GM, you take away the sole purpose of the game itself"
GM's are fully allowed to play alts at their own discretion, becoming a GM takes nothing away from the game.

"So I'd assume"
Don't ever assume when you aren't in another person's shoes.

""You need to get out more, bro". <Says GM> wat xD"
We get paid actual money, calm down bro.

I for one, am not offended, moreso disappointed people decide to say things like this without even knowing the team personally.

I don't see why it is assumed GM's never enjoyed or partaked in PvP(this isn't the first time, hence why I'm even posting). I for one was in the top guild multiple times when I still played and we PKed all the time. And I know for a fact the other GM's PKed as well. We were picked based on knowledge of the game, our attitudes and how we handle situations. Being involved with the community is also part of it. If PvP is so important to you that you think it equates to the value of a person's being, reevaluate your life please. And this is not just directly at you, Eviction, this is a general message. You're not the first to say or assume these things.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
"Perfect World is not just a PvP game, PvE servers would not exist otherwise.
EPW is technically a PvE server, PvP is not forced. Not everybody leaves official to PvP, PWI is heavily cash-shop oriented and if you don't have the money it's impossible to keep up for most players."

So.. Farming for a week to get endgame is considered a PvE server? I've been living a lie for the past 8 month's of playing here. I'm pretty sure that I reached level 150 within a week and had max gears within the two week mark, if you consider Nightscream to be 'PvE' (The closest thing other than dailies to PvE on server) then why is it one of the most active PvP zones in game?

"GM's are fully allowed to play alts at their own discretion, becoming a GM takes nothing away from the game."

So GM's are allowed to partake in all aspect's of the game while being a GM.. Hmm..

"We get paid actual money, calm down bro."

So because you're paid you're "getting out more" than a said player? I was merely referring to that quote because it was clearly trying to be demeaning.

"disappointed people decide to say things like this without even knowing the team personally."

How is the community supposed to "know the team personally" when 99% of the time their old usernames are hidden from the communities eyes and the only time we really interact with the team is when they're saying "English only in world chat" and "so and-so event is happening, PM to join".

"If PvP is so important to you that you think it equates to the value of a person's being, reevaluate your life please."

I play this server because its the largest server with a strong PvP-community, would rather not be insulted because thats why I play this game in my free time.  :-\

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
So.. Farming for a week to get endgame is considered a PvE server? I've been living a lie for the past 8 month's of playing here. I'm pretty sure that I reached level 150 within a week and had max gears within the two week mark, if you consider Nightscream to be 'PvE' (The closest thing other than dailies to PvE on server) then why is it one of the most active PvP zones in game?

So GM's are allowed to partake in all aspect's of the game while being a GM.. Hmm..

So because you're paid you're "getting out more" than a said player? I was merely referring to that quote because it was clearly trying to be demeaning.

How is the community supposed to "know the team personally" when 99% of the time their old usernames are hidden from the communities eyes and the only time we really interact with the team is when they're saying "English only in world chat" and "so and-so event is happening, PM to join".

I play this server because its the largest server with a strong PvP-community, would rather not be insulted because thats why I play this game in my free time.  :-\

"Technically" a PvE server. Nobody is FORCED into PvP.

Basically all aspects. That has been known. Don't act surprised. Do all of us still play? No.
Do all of us compete in contests and events? No. Sometimes we just like to play and PK c:

No. Pay is a reason for staff to be online so much, it's a JOB. You clearly misunderstood me.

What's stopping players from talking to GM's? Nothing.
Do GM's enjoy being berated and talked down upon? No.
Do they enjoy people demanding things from them? No.
You wouldn't talk to people if they treated you like crap. Don't do that to staff, and they'll be happy to talk to you and be friendly.
Staff is allowed to hide who they were, it's up to them. I for one have told people multiple times who I used to play as. Does it matter now? Not really, most players from my time are gone.

You get treated as you treat others. If you're going to use rude words, don't expect smiles and rainbows. Don't suddenly act like a victim when you were just insulting the staff. Don't expect me to say anything else, as it's not worth my time if you're going to flip-flop around like you said nothing wrong.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
This maddie.
i bet you baddie cuz you don't good math like our best friend Mr M, best conversation in suport chat

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
i bet you baddie cuz you don't good math like our best friend Mr M, best conversation in suport chat

1+1=5

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker

"Technically" a PvE server. Nobody is FORCED into PvP.

No they aren't but its still the endgame gameplay for this game, everything even on PWI scale is geared towards PvP. Why do you think they released rank gear in the first place? Defense and attack levels? It's all PvP-Oriented, which is my point. The game is literally made for PvP after a certain point that you can achieve on here within a week.

Do GM's enjoy being berated and talked down upon? No.
Do they enjoy people demanding things from them? No.
You wouldn't talk to people if they treated you like crap. Don't do that to staff, and they'll be happy to talk to you and be friendly.

Nobody likes being talked down upon and having things 'demanded out of them',  I've just witnessed through countless servers GM's pulling the "You aren't nice, no events for you" card which I think is completely immature and almost a calling for "Be nice, or you get nothing" which is really stupid in my opinion. I'm friendly to a few GM's that I have touched basis on, and I'm not demeaning or trying to insult anyone- I'm simply saying that there are things that are blown out of proportion by the staff as well as the players, especially regarding respect. People will naturally flock to a staff member and flaunt and love them just because of the title  :-X, I don't know half of you personally, nor will I most likely, however I'm not a stereotypical member of the community and won't smother people in attention just because they have a higher status. I hate that whenever anyone expresses opinions against popular belief its shot down and looked down upon because its "not respectful" when in reality it's just people getting defensive due to their personal bias and attachment to the situation.

I appreciate the work that GM's do for the community, and truly they're essential to the survival of a community- just as much as the head Dev and other Dev's.