Epic Perfect World

Could you GMs please..

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
share some of your thoughts with us? O:-)

What I'm trying to say that, we all sometimes talk to ourselves when we find something weird, interesting (or simply insulting) on internet. I, personally, often quietly "tell" something to the person that was rude to me (Something really insulting of course). And I'm pretty sure many of you also do the same. It doesn't have to be a saying, you may change your expression, think something, fking react somehow. We aren't robots, are we? :tiger-2:

But I've always been wondering, how GMs feel... They probably get more hate/love than any of us, (unless you're one of those forum gods  :normal-35:) on daily basis. And I wonder how THEY react when they read something insulting or silly about them (this thread for example). What ther sayings/thoughts/reactions are like :police:

"OKSFDMFDM gnan stab eyou in the chest you bish who the fhecjk you think u are want ban wbitch in assss ooooooooooh ima gonna..."

or

"biah ima gonan rape yu with a ban hammmaaaaaaah"

or maybe even

"choke on my ban u HOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thought and saying don't always have to be rude ofc, gosh.

This thread is no way insulting. I made it for the sake of entertainment. SO if any of you, GMs, decide to share some of your thought with us, (probably the ones that aren't too violent/dirty :rolleyes:) that'll be great! ^-^
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014, 04:09 pm by Dead

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Before anyone says "Frost your not a GM though", that's true.... for here.... not elsewhere.
So let me put that in big giant RED LETTERS FOR YOU!

I AM NOT AN EPW GM, BUT I MOD ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I'd like to start off saying why MOST GM's take the position, and the different kinds of Moderators
Some Mods take the role because of power. Which is typically the Mods that last the least amount of time.
Others do it for security, because they don't want to be talked **** to and be helpless in the situation.
There are some that do it because they have a legitimate want help others, these are my favorite.

While there are tons of reasons(To many to count), there are different types of modding styles.

So, my type of style? I'm a Chance Moderator, with a slight bit of strictness. See, my idealogoy
is that people should know proper netiquette. There is an obvious line when you made a legitamite
mistake(Such as not knowing a specific banned topic, like religion for example), and just going HAM
because you can. That's when I usually just ban without even going into details. The rules are not that
hard to understand, considering a lot of rules are pretty much the same from place to place.... or at least
a portion of them. If your unable to abide by those rules, then.... you'll get banned. Simple.

Now, a lot of people think that Moderators ENJOY banning people. Well, it's actually completely opposite.
Never once have I enjoyed banning someone(Even my friends), and I've ruined many relationships because
I banned my friends. Nobody likes having to look like the bad guy, and we'd all like to be friends with everyone
and generally well liked. However... we stepped up to the plate to complete a job(YES JOB). Pay is irreverent.
We have been trusted with a specific role, that we are expected to maintain and complete on a day-2-day basis.

Another thing, is recognizing each situation as a individual incident, not as a whole. The reason one person might
have done something could be 10000 TIMES different from the other guy. So, understanding things that tend to
set of specific things in certain people is good for a Moderator. Plus, reading emotion from text. That's a skill that
a Moderator should learn ASAP. This could be the difference from banning someone for a legit antagonizing post,
or just because you "took it the wrong way". Now, some people might say you "Shouldn't joke around". However,
a lot of Moderators tend to misread something(Such as threats), causing issues to go farther than they should.

So, all in all, Moderating isn't just something you DO. It's a job, it has it's ups and downs. Plus, there's those days
I generally just want to not come online and sit and watch tellytubbies all day(Just kidding ofc) or game. We are all
human, we all get mad, we all have our triggers. What sets a Moderator apart from a user though, is the ability to
recognize those triggers and handle them appropriately. While ofc, maintaining much needed control. Remember,
this is the Internet. It's a War Zone of Trolls/Hackers/Flamers/Spammers vs Moderators. We are outnumbered.
We do what we have to do, simple. If people could follow the rules there wouldn't be a need for us.

Wanna know where I mod? Just PM me.

Looking to become a Moderator somewhere and want some advice? Don't worry,
I got you covered. We got a handbook that you should look over for good modding!

Moderator Handbook(Not epw related):

So to top it all off. If you get banned, that's your fault you didn't read the rules.
We are not the bad guys, we are here to purge the true bad guys from the community.

THIS IS BEING EDITED ATM
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014, 07:27 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF

I AM NOT AN EPW GM, BUT I MOD ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's k

counts :tiger-2:

+ It seems GMs aren't going to post here anyways :police: Their thoughts and sayings are too dark to be shared >:D

I enjoy reading your post and woah! I didn't even know that those were called "troll" mods LOL

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Their thoughts and sayings are too dark to be shared >:D

^ This.

Although truthfully, I wouldn't even know where to begin or what I would say.

Do you have a specific question you would like answered?

As for how we react, surprisingly we are just human (not robots as most people assume).
We rage, we get hurt or offended, we get disappointed.
We get frustrated, we get upset sometimes. Just normal stuff.
But overall, if we didn't love it here and didn't enjoy our jobs, we wouldn't still be here.

I'm sure that the way I assess myself as a GM would differ from other peoples' opinions.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
^ This.

As for how we react, surprisingly we are just human (not robots as most people assume).
But overall, if we didn't love it here and didn't enjoy our jobs, we wouldn't still be here.

I'm sure that the way I assess myself as a GM would differ from other peoples' opinions.
This baddie.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
^ This.

BAD WORD DETECTED

Melody :sad:

And only question I asked was "if you sometimes swear irl when someone trolls/makes you angry"

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
And only question I asked was "if you sometimes swear irl when someone trolls/makes you angry"

I have on occasion uttered colourful phrases.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
:tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2:

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Yes, we are only human. lol I have given my laptop NUMEROUS looks based on different situations from saying WTF?! to OMG GTFO! to Awwwww how sweet. People never ever cease to amaze me on here, but I really do enjoy it. Haha
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
^^ this lol. For the most part I rather enjoying GMing.. ofc there are days you wish you could reach through your computer screen and either slap or hug someone. But yes we are only human same as the rest of the population, we just have a few more buttons we can push xD
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I kinda didn't want to reply to this, but as a former GM (a couple of people know where, but I rather not say), I will say that that was the most fun I've had without taking my clothes off.  Oh yeah, there are those moments where side-eyes to my screen happened (it still does these days xD), and my favorite moment was getting reports of someone QQing because they got killed by someone and because I told them "oh well", they told me, in another language to...well, basically their way of telling me to perform the act of fellatio on them.  Needless to say, that didn't go unpunished.

There were other times where I felt morally unable to perform my duties.  There were times where someone would ask to run a certain event, and I felt uncomfortable running it.  I got pressured to do it, but I stuck to my guns.  If something doesn't feel right, I just can't fake my way into doing it.

I could've easily been the bastard child of the Chance Moderator and the Shy Mod.

All-in-all though, no matter how many swear words I uttered to my husband while GMing (it was A LOT), I do miss it a lot.  It broke my heart when I was let go.  My innate wanting to help people (from a distance) was brought to light during that time, and if I had the chance to do it again, I would in a heartbeat.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
I too was a GM and a forum mod plus admin on multiple chatrooms at one time. It was lots of fun I made tons of friends, but also many enemies lmao. I loved it, and it kept me busy only using my handheld and my pc even sometimes on the road. The reason I did it, was because of my love of gaming, and the whole concept of MMORPG being small worlds of sorts.I really enjoy people most of all, meeting new friends from all over the world helps you see the commonality in all humans. I was the lucky GM who got tossed to the dogs on our "problem" servers since I am a bit of a diplomat,but also firm in my commitments to serve my purpose of keepin it fun for everyone. I currently have a couple offers to do this again, but rl dictates I stay as I am and only play casually for now. Maybe in another life I will overloard again MUAH HA HA HAAA !! (oh and I have a large vocabulary, of colorful sentence enhancers, acquired from friends of all nations LOL a side "benefit" of international communities :P
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Kiss more booty, oh my God you people...

GM is literally standing around, reading tickets, dealing with dumb community members with -very- obvious questions and muting because people are "trolls" and "deserve it"

zzz

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
Kiss more booty, oh my God you people...

GM is literally standing around, reading tickets, dealing with dumb community members with -very- obvious questions and muting because people are "trolls" and "deserve it"

zzz

Someone sounds mad.