Epic Perfect World

Creating characters

I seem to have a bit of a problem pre-in-game.

Yeah, in matter of fact quite a bit one. I don't get to create characters, because when I click the "Create" tab everything except the char itself pops up.
I can give name, race, class and gender but I can't do anything to customize. I can go into that tab, but as I said the model is gone.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Did you try switching to old UI? You can do that by locating /Perfect World/element/userdata/systemsettings.ini
In the last row there is an option "Theme". Delete number 1 next to it and type 0. I'm not sure if it will work but it helped a lot of people who couldn't create toons.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language
I tried to do that, Elly, but it didn't help.

Maybe should evolve that I did a char in blind and when I log on every "human" is missing. At the moment all I can see how things are there is that the name still hoovers over their heads and the real glowing particles show

EDIT: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7166/20120821095355.jpg This is how it looks for me in-game
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2012, 06:58 am by NobodysPoetry

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
are you using patched PWI client?
are you using patched PWI client?

Yes, I did use it, and everything works there, but in EPW it's invisiblemen all over :(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Could you try verifying the files in patcher? this problem you're describing has been fixed week ago or so, maybe you're using outdated version or PWi has added new unsupported stuff (this is reason why the PWI-EPW patch was taken down).
Could you try verifying the files in patcher? this problem you're describing has been fixed week ago or so, maybe you're using outdated version or PWi has added new unsupported stuff (this is reason why the PWI-EPW patch was taken down).

Will do little Link! :) I will repost once it's done with the results, thanks for now
*sigh* now I got it to just bugsplat :( and the one time I got on nothing changed. Will try redownload it, though

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
Did you try updating your dirext x? When Descent launched they upgraded it so unless you have it to the version they wanted, everybody shows up invisible with a case of only weapons showing at times. Just a suggestion though since you didn't stay if you tried it or not. :)