Epic Perfect World

Casters leveling

Offline Ste_

Only Caster I found it hard to level on was my Wizzy so far. My Psy on the other hand was easy to level. I can complete a PV in about 9 minutes with that toon. Havent tried to level any other Casters as of yet. But I will give it a go and see if I can get a good tactic and I will share it.

Offline crimsonrose

Well you have to remember that they may be first timers too. No money to learn all the skills, no spirit to learn genie skills, no elixers to get pots etc etc....That was my situation on my main (which is a caster) and it took me a good while to do a pv.

Offline Ste_

Well you have to remember that they may be first timers too. No money to learn all the skills, no spirit to learn genie skills, no elixers to get pots etc etc....That was my situation on my main (which is a caster) and it took me a good while to do a pv.

Thats exactly how my Psy was. I just learnt my aoes, black voodoo and immune to damage skill. (Forgot name) And I was set to go.

Offline crimsonrose

Thats exactly how my Psy was. I just learnt my aoes, black voodoo and immune to damage skill. (Forgot name) And I was set to go.

Psy Will

**Edit: There's still the chance of them only getting 200k rather then 2mil O.o may not have enough to learn it high enough to survive long enough the first few levels.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Anyone who complains about psy leveling is insane >.<

Mystic is about 10% slower than psy. (Like an hour per fc)

Cleric is about the same as a mystic.

Veno, I sls'd, cant be slower than psychic, especially not seeing the skills it has. As a veno runs faster, veno would actually be faster than a psychic.

Wiz, havent played on epw but the way I play psychic works the same, so it would be just as fast.

To those complaining about money, you should be soloing fc in arena gear at 130, or primal gear 140. FC is built for 130s to farm, hence why its a requirement for 140 gear. Full primal psy takes 25-35 hours to go from 148-150 (Which is like 3/5ths the exp from 110-150).

Starting off as a caster, go grab some aoes and go to VALLEY OF THE SCARRED and HEAVEN'S TEAR. By the time you have farmed your 120 gear, you will be able to buy most of your skills, then do your cultivation. Then work on 130 gear. You can get to 150 from 110 in under 3 weeks as a caster without level scrolls of any kind, without using Phoenix Valley.
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 08:15 am by Nexy

Offline crimsonrose

Sakura is my first caster, which is a cleric, so yea I wasn't complaining, just pointing that out

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Made Seeker, had no idea how to play it,
made Cleric and started, using my PWI
experience. From there I already knew
which skill is doing what.

I did PV with my Cleric, 1 by 1 mob. :)
I was still under the PWI influence,
and thought it was supposed to take
almost an hour and half for one PV.

I tried to speed up by Razor Feathers,
Siren Kiss and Tempest, but their cool
down and chi rebuild almost didn't help
me speed up at all, and taking bigger
groups just made me die. Or waste much
more time to heal than to hit them.

It still took only several PV until lvl 139.
Plus some EC farming and few squadded
FC. Shrine EC farming helped lvling, got
from 139 to 145, and about 370 EC in
all that time.

And at 145 I was taken easy to GV.
Things started moving faster.

But to me speed wasn't much important.
I knew I will still do it much faster than in
PWI and I was happy about it.

Shrine mobs were not so good, but now
are even worse about EC drop. Plus, no
more those over the hill. Forest of Songs
is completely useless.

Never bought Super Level Scrolls and
never will. Not even Esoterica.

EPW is still here, didn't go away
and now I have 3 toons lvl 150.
Didn't decide yet which one will
be my fourth. But I will soon.

"Patience, my dear Watson."
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 08:30 am by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I have to disagree with you on the difficulty of leveling a veno nexy, bramblehood may keep them alive but the spammed interrupts makes aoeing very difficult, not to mention even at 150 an AA veno has abt 10k pdef only (standup).

For casters IMO GV is just the best way, it gets you the EC to buy gear while leveling and most casters can go watch a movie or something while doing it (keeping an eye on the screen of course, afking completely is just bad.) The same kinda goes for archers, since they suck at PV as well.  The exceptions here would be (imo) Wiz & psy (especially sage psy). Wiz can easily solo big pulls in PV by using DB+expel combo.  Psy can use psychic will + AD after or for sage ones sage bubble of life purifying the expel seal away for extended immunity and aoe pulls to death that way.

Overall leveling a caster may not be as easy as leveling a seeker but it's not THAT bad. I think the big difference between pre & post 145 leveling is the main thing that makes it feel so hard. Getting a few levels a run and then suddenly having to do a ton of runs for 1 level makes the last levels feel like a huge barrier.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I have to disagree with you on the difficulty of leveling a veno nexy, bramblehood may keep them alive but the spammed interrupts makes aoeing very difficult, not to mention even at 150 an AA veno has abt 10k pdef only (standup).

Running speed is the biggest factor that slows down casters. Venos have high running speeds. In FC (best caster instance for exp) the only advantage seeker gets is a running skill and aps on bosses, seekers cant pull the magic pull as easily either.

Fortify + Fossilised. I know its every 5 mins, but you go kill first shade, sneak to 2nd, kill 3rd through wall, pull all mobs to fourth. Thats first use of fossilised, you kill the boss, get to the magic pull, you kill the first few melle groups then pull the mag mobs no trouble. Kill the 2nd and 3rd boss (bishops are 1 by 1 almost any class). You then pull the mobs to the 4th boss, use Faith + Ironguard (these mobs are weaker) kill them in 3 shots tops. Do the boss, next pull you fossilised, then the next two bosses. By the time you kill the exp room boss you have fossilised back for the big pull, though you may want a sutra orb for that one. From there its really up to if you can kill fragrence. I would have to put my veno in arena and try it, I am unsure if venos have enough aoes, but they definately have the damage output.

Once again, seekers are only faster because of run speed and maybe 30 seconds per boss.

Offline Leelood

well when i leveled my cleric was kinda hard at low lvls, lvelv mostly at oht,  i founf pv not very hard for a cler, we have 3 aoes 2 of them chi depent, but very very boring... so i stop going into pv, tryed fc, even worse.. took me almost 1hr-1hr and half to finish.. so i went into gv... loved it and abuse it...thats how i leved from 135 to 150..
then i lved my bm, yes was much easier, same as barb and seeker. to lvl my wiz i made him Ha, same as poster above, i really found much easier to lvl him that way.. same goes for veno.. at 150 i made them both pure mag. Now i gave up lvling my sin (149) and archer (145) maybe if i have the patient ill work on them, but on sin is mostly fc, same to archer..

150 demon cler, 150 demon barb, 150 demon Bm, 150 sage veno, 150 sage seeker, 150 sage wiz, 149 demon sin... Only psy and mystic to go.. Main: Cleric, assistent: bm

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Just wanna ask something, Fortify+fosilisied (or something like that), whats fosilisied?
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Fosilised curse = 10 second ironguard skill (level 79 veno skill)

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
Fosilised curse = 10 second ironguard skill (level 79 veno skill)

Fossilized Curse is a Lvl 100 not 79. :) The 79 skill you're thinking of is Feral Concentration which is a self immune + self seal.

Offline elijah00

yo dude do alot of pvs or fcs and you shuld be 150 in no time with your caster -sinKilla

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
Its idd way faster to lvl a melee class instead of a mag class. But think about it, u play EPW because u like it? Then why speed it up?