Epic Perfect World

Casters leveling

Offline iceman4u

• ~Heart braker, life taker~
Everyone that has or had a caster knows that it`s crazy to lvl it. Takes too much and u just feel that u wanna quit it :D I suggest making a special instance for casters, like a Casters` PV, so that the mag classes can level easier.

Scylla

Truthfully its not that hard. The only tedious part of it is 149-150, which might take a few days but imo its fine the way it is. 150 isn't meant to be easy.

Offline iceman4u

• ~Heart braker, life taker~
Uhm ... it`s not as easy as u think, really. Took me ages to lvl my psy to 140. And i really want an easier way. I mean, bm`s or seeker`s finish a pv run in 7 minutes, while a psy in 20minutes. Believe me, it`s really difficult.

Offline Ste_

I solo PV in about 11minutes on my psy... and have solo'd every PV in under 15mins from 110-147 (Where my psy is now.)

Offline narmas

• Go hard, Don't Panic!
Does take a bit more time but long enough to create a new instance I think. Plus at the day you will be 150 much longer than not. I leveled a psy to 150 and its deff worth the extra effort. Soon lvling will be a distant memory. You can also use the coin from pv to buy FC mats , that will expedite lvling.  Also can get those lvl scrolls. And training escos too. Just use resources I say.
Atari 150 wb
Villain 150 Sin
Rufio 150 Wizzzzz
Motion 150 Psy

Offline MageTank

I found it easier to level as a heavy mage... Can tank a full lure of PV with wb buffs, and cast zhen + expel, dropping every single mob instantly. Took about 10 minutes, as i have nerve damage in my left arm so i cant really use my keyboard as effectively when grinding for long hours, but i went from 149 at 20%, to 150 in a single day. Then, i got banned after being too powerful for mere mortals... Yeah...

I dont know about the newer classes, as they suck massive ass and should have never been invented.

MageTank

Offline Delirium

I've already suggested this, and nothing was done so expect the same.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Uhm ... it`s not as easy as u think, really. Took me ages to lvl my psy to 140. And i really want an easier way. I mean, bm`s or seeker`s finish a pv run in 7 minutes, while a psy in 20minutes. Believe me, it`s really difficult.

On the last thread like this, a 14x psychic posted an SS of a 50 min FC run, seekers don't do it much faster, sometimes even slower, it all comes down to how well you play your class.

50 mins of FC include 10 mins of heads and 2nd boss summoners, 1-2 mins of rebuffing and chi gaining.
That is less than 40 mins to run the whole fc, seekers would do the mob parts in 35-50 mins, adding in the time for heads/2nd boss thats 45-60 mins, and a psychic can comfortably do it in that time. Same exp, same leveling rates.

I can try to hunt her down and find out the tactic if you want, if it is what I would use then it can be used on any caster with ease.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I'm going to have to agree with this thread.
To defend otherwise betrays a lack of understanding....
Test it for yourself....
Make a caster cast and do a low level PV run...
Now make  Melee class and attempt a low level PV run....
You won't understand the annoyance until you've been through the constant deaths.....

Ninjas you need to test it out for yourself...
Simply complying to a picture makes little sense.
The psyc probably had the best gear for this level, and simply getting that as a caster is not easy task....
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 01:01 am by HappY
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
I'm going to have to agree with this thread.
To defend otherwise betrays a lack of understanding....
Test it for yourself....
Make a caster cast and do a low level PV run...
Now make  Melee class and attempt a low level PV run....
You won't understand the annoyance until you've been through the constant deaths.....

Ninjas you need to test it out for yourself...
Simply complying to a picture makes little sense.
The psyc probably had the best gear for this level, and simply getting that as a caster is not easy task....

It is harder at lower levels yes but once you hit 130 gear you can get near seeker speeds with the right tactics.
Ex-GM

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
If you would, could you please demonstrate this amazing tactics of yours?
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

LeakyKitty

If you would, could you please demonstrate this amazing tactics of yours?

+1 ,yush demostrate et '-' <3 ,also only way i could level is through GV with DECENT xp(Im a veno)..just sucks cause for GV to be successful you need to have an EP and a zhenning class (seeker,mg,ea)..so a special instance for casters would be amazing. Yes once we're 150 it doesn't matter but i believe alot of others out there would love to try out other magic classes to pk with once you get bored with your main
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 02:22 am by LeakyKitty

Offline Delirium

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Not my tactics, just someone I have seen on wc/forums.
Ex-GM

Offline crimsonrose

I know exactly what you mean and I leveled four toons before Making a seeker and then duel-clienting.

One of my caster toons I did the morai dailies. You have to do them to get into EU anyways so figured I kick two birds with one stone. You get to like...level 127 doing that. But that's doing all the quests.

One of my casters I did every single BH I could on her, which below level 125 is a Instant level when they turn in the bh both 1 and 2..... Do the Second BH On Your Caster!!. Then she farmed her 120 gear on her own when she could handle the mobs and then did Morai Dailies for it to be faster.

One of my casters I did vote for a few days and used level scrolls while doing the BH's. I wasn't in a Rush.

Depends on how you want to do it ^w^