Epic Perfect World

Mystics; Overpowered, or Overrated?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Since the classes' release some year or two ago, Mystic has triumphed on the battlefield without contest. From their near instant channeling healing spells, to their absorb soul that will drop you in one hit, this class seems to be one of the most ridiculously overpowered classes I've ever laid my eyes on. A decent mystic will have -channeling on their gearset, know how to never be stunned by summoning their pets repeatedly, and will combo you to death within a few skills.

As a Psy main, I can say I don't stand much chance against a Mystic. Classes that have many stuns and range such as blademaster or archer wouldn't have a problem (if lucky) killing them if they time their moves right.

I've considered rolling this class after seeing the carnage left behind them in 1v1's, and even mid- to mass PvP.

My question is though, would this be worth actually investing into? It's undisputed that they are a powerful magic class, but how do they fair against the alternatives, such as demon venomancer?

I've been told that Mystic vs Venomancer results in the Mystic winning. Any opinions? Is this class not as powerful as its cracked up to be? Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.  :police:

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
i never heard any1 saying mystic is op before i started playing it

Offline Rozaria

• 花樣年華
  • Faction: Xpendable

Offline zFlashx

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: zFlashx, Immortalize, Imperious

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
Mystic>wf>sin>ep.

thats the list of most broken classes in 1v1.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
Mystic>wf>sin>ep.

thats the list of most broken classes in 1v1.

You think sin is less broken than wf? wat  :shocked:

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
they hit the same and have same amount of stuns,cept that wf has 25+ seconds total immunity combo, 2-3 skills to greatly reduce the damages and they can demon nova u.
Also, they make u 0 chi 0 pdef and 0 mdef

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
i'm the best
no one cares
unknown
Also, they are most OP class with a spammable stun lock, insta heal and Falling Petals which heals you while taking damage. AS doesnt break sleep , but it breaks through your defense. Minimum brain is needed to be able to use it in 1v1, same as WF. Mindlessly learn to spam 1 combo and youre good to go :D
Last Edit: Oct 08, 2014, 02:38 pm by Kiddo
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
As a mystic it's easy to stay alive but harder to kill, depending on the class you are fighting. Absorb soul hits hard on magic and light armor classes only. Of those, psychics are the only ones that don't stand a chance vs mystics in 1v1, but all other classes are balanced much better in a 1v1 vs mystics, as long as they know what Evil ward and nullify poison are. Get those > practice > you can win vs any mystic in the game apart from 2.
Let me warn you tho: a lot of people won't want to 1v1 because they think mystics are not killable due to their heal, which reflects the fact that it is a class on which it is (usually) easy to stay alive. Killing is easy or hard depending on the class you are playing. If you see people talking about how easy mystic is to play, they usually don't look further than the heal, and don't include the different gear sets you have to play with, combos (different ones for each class), timing etc. Yes the class can be OP when played right, No most mystics are not, cuz they are stuck at the point where they are okay with the fact that they can't kill anybody, apart from noobs who die to AS (and psychics)
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
As a mystic it's easy to stay alive but harder to kill, depending on the class you are fighting. Absorb soul hits hard on magic and light armor classes only. Of those, psychics are the only ones that don't stand a chance vs mystics in 1v1, but all other classes are balanced much better in a 1v1 vs mystics, as long as they know what Evil ward and nullify poison are. Get those > practice > you can win vs any mystic in the game apart from 2.
Let me warn you tho: a lot of people won't want to 1v1 because they think mystics are not killable due to their heal, which reflects the fact that it is a class on which it is (usually) easy to stay alive. Killing is easy or hard depending on the class you are playing. If you see people talking about how easy mystic is to play, they usually don't look further than the heal, and don't include the different gear sets you have to play with, combos (different ones for each class), timing etc. Yes the class can be OP when played right, No most mystics are not, cuz they are stuck at the point where they are okay with the fact that they can't kill anybody, apart from noobs who die to AS (and psychics)

go try wizard vs mystic :normal-43: :normal-43:.
i still win sometimes but, wiz can deal only magic damages to a magic class and got 0 anti stuns(only bt hits physical but a spamming heals mystic doesnt even get harmed by it unless u sleep and such),while mystic can spam AS(it hits around 12-15k and wiz's hp are like 28-30k),has anti stun, has a little tidal,can spam pets and plants stunning,sleeping and debuffing,and got insta heals.
Oh right, mystic vs wiz the mystic will just camp def wep so that they get hurt around 4k or such while they spam heal,thing that wizs cant do since AS bypasses def lvls and sleep(wtf gio u retard?bypassing sleep is useless....not rly since it gives them the time to use it like twice before u wake up,L0L0L0L)

Offline Méme

• Kanye
  • It's like boss loaf soaked in dude soup.
I've been told that Mystic vs Venomancer results in the Mystic winning. Any opinions? Is this class not as powerful as its cracked up to be? Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.  :police:

Back when I hosted 1v1s, I saw quite a few mystics lose to venomancers.

Though, these kinds of topics will always surface on MMORPG forums, especially when that MMORPG is Perfect World. The combat system is very outdated and there has been little to no effort on the original developer's part to update/fix this, and there's not much room for improvement on private servers, given their limitations. I mean, not that anyone that plays this game would want to relearn the game on a new combat engine. That would kind of suck. The repetition of systematic skills until they die, or the opponent dies, is an easy concept for players to grasp, and that is why games like this are so popular.

[TL;DR] Don't expect balance out of MMORPG games.
Last Edit: Oct 08, 2014, 03:05 pm by Amαɀe

roses are red
violets are blue
omae wa mou shindeiru

Offline Almeja

• Characters: Almeja
mystic can be beat but its dumb how hard it is, its a brainless class no matter what you say will make the classes seem remotely challenging to play, if you want to main mystic cause you lack brain for other classes then go for it.  :police:

Offline Herr Rev

• Gott mit uns
  • Outcastian
  • Faction: Das reich, Outcasts☆
When we talk about unbalance : Mystic( to OP ), Assassin ( DPH ) nice press 1 skill for kill mg ( Ellimination ), Mages phydef ( a fcking sh1t, 1 dartle EA could heiro you while healing without effort )

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Mystic, phy, sin, ea, wf, wiz, seeker, yes very OP classes.
I know not all classes are balanced 100% but none of em is "overpowered", excuse me, an DD EP that knows how to play can be better than a mystic.
If you don't enjoy the game and keep QQing "OMG MYSTIC OP" "OMG SIN SO OP NERF PLS" look for other MMORPG, there are plenty.

i never heard any1 saying mystic is op before i started playing it
None would say shit unless is someone who really know how to play it.  :rolleyes:

unknown
Also, they are most OP class with a spammable stun lock, insta heal and Falling Petals which heals you while taking damage. AS doesnt break sleep , but it breaks through your defense. Minimum brain is needed to be able to use it in 1v1, same as WF. Mindlessly learn to spam 1 combo and youre good to go :D
Sorry to say I don't agree with you. Just spamming one combo won't get u anywhere even with an WF. If the opponent figures the combo it's easy to don't get urself killed.  :rolleyes:
WFs have more than just 1 combo. ^-^