Epic Perfect World

Factionless

Offline Drive

• 🌙

1) Activity: no point in being a faction if it's dead.  It's essentially being factionless while having a faction name over your head.  What's the point?

2) Environment: drama drives me away.  I have enough drama in my real life; this is an escape for me--coming home from work and relaxing with friends and faction members (or both!).  The last thing I want and need is a faction that is constantly at each other's throats.

This is so right.
Especially the second one.
It annoys me how,you log in to a game to have fun and escape your  everyday life for a little while.
Yet,there tends to be drama in game that it comes to a point where it's not enjoyable.
And we all came to play and have fun,not log in and want to quit for the first 5 minutes of logging on.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
not log in and want to ragequit for the first 5 minutes of logging on.

:tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2: :tiger-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
One thing I learned about factions from PWI, and this even applies any guild really, is the bigger it gets, the more degraded the environment becomes. Usually with such degradation, people start forming social circles(aka cliques) within it to isolate themselves from the rest that they perceive as the cause of the degradation.

One good way to get me out of a faction was the use of voice chat, like raidcall, or something else. It defeats the purpose of being a faction, and also adds to the feeling of isolation. And I can understand it's used when you don't have time to type during a big fight(s), but when it becomes the only ACCEPTED method of communication in a faction, I just can't be there.

Another is pressure in being active. How much of an issue this will be determines how strict the rules of activity are. I have my moments where I want to play everyday, and then I'm gone for several days.

Dirty talk - This is ok, in small doses. When its the only kind of thing that is talked about in a faction, it's time for me to leave.

Generally boring environment - If the majority is boring, can't take jokes, or just way too serious, it's time for me to go. I am full of energy and with a big sense of humor, but boring people are my anti-thesis. Can't deal with that.

Drama - This really depends. Ongoing constant drama is a sign that many of the members don't mesh well with another and WONT ever mesh well together. This often wont bother me, especially when I'm not part of it. It is a problem though when members I respect ARE part of it, because I know their departure is imminent. When officers, or even the leader gets involved, the object of the drama tends to shift to them, and then it's all a big mess. I wont say anything, unless I have a useful suggestion. Leaving over drama is one of the hardest decisions to make, more so if I respect the officers, and some members still remain.

For EPW, I'm always factionless, mainly because I'm a PVE player. There is no faction out there for me.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Despite being an introvert irl, I thrive off human interaction, and a faction is what works for me.  There are 3 factors that will keep me in a faction.

1) Activity: no point in being a faction if it's dead.  It's essentially being factionless while having a faction name over your head.  What's the point?  With the two factions I'm in now, I suppose it's best of both worlds--Shindola's got the activity when I'm online at night after work, and UndrDogs has the activity in the morning whenever I feel like poking things then. 

2) Environment: drama drives me away.  I have enough drama in my real life; this is an escape for me--coming home from work and relaxing with friends and faction members (or both!).  The last thing I want and need is a faction that is constantly at each other's throats.

Well, i kinda of understand those points. But, about the drama its really complicated to don't have sad people who hasn't any kind of mentality and isn't mature enough getting on your feet. Someone told me that you just have to ignore them and they might stop with insults and other stuff and also, as Angelala said "If you are being hated it usually means you stood up for something or you are simply too good at whatever you do"

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
I'm in a faction,but I work alone.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Well, i kinda of understand those points. But, about the drama its really complicated to don't have sad people who hasn't any kind of mentality and isn't mature enough getting on your feet. Someone told me that you just have to ignore them and they might stop with insults and other stuff and also, as Angelala said "If you are being hated it usually means you stood up for something or you are simply too good at whatever you do"
I'm the best
i feel like i'm dead

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Only thing that really annoys me about factions is that talking about sex/your rl sexual relationships means being mature. I now know exactly what to expect from those "mature" guilds out there. Funny thing is it's not even about actual sex, but a virtual dicklicking. What I learned from PWI/EPW is that you should always avoid joining "mature" factions.

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I'm in a faction,but I work alone.

Because you are a maddie

As for faction stuff:

Not every faction has drama.
The reason I played was for the people. It's what makes the game enjoyable.
I've had factions that were like a second home.
You can avoid drama easily enough,
but drama is inevitable, you will still experience it without a guild.
As for RPK etc, this is still possible within factions,
my friends always slaughtered me for for fun, we just avoided allies unless we had permission.
Just because you've had a few bad drama experiences doesn't mean guilds are to blame.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
For EPW, I'm always factionless, mainly because I'm a PVE player. There is no faction out there for me.

Try Starcall heard they are nice but haven't tried them myself yet thinking of getting an alt inside there sooner or later..

or try ALTS my personal faction for alts and main who are interested.. no drama tolerated in guild chat..no pk of guild/ally members but that doesn't matter since u said u r pve player.. otherwise all guild activities purely up to members preference.. guild chat mostly quiet ^_^ except occasional reset request or member search for instance or random help requests/queries.. but even help is optional inside ALTS purely upto members choice..plus side u get a cute fox icon over head.. a base with monolith lvl 5 atm.. BQ optional too do dont do upto u.. more info @ alts.shivtr.com.. checking the forum is also optional ^^ guess i must've named my guild Optional well always time for second one in future

if none of above pleases happy gaming being guild less :)

Only thing that really annoys me about factions is that talking about sex/your rl sexual relationships means being mature. I now know exactly what to expect from those "mature" guilds out there. Funny thing is it's not even about actual sex, but a virtual dicklicking. What I learned from PWI/EPW is that you should always avoid joining "mature" factions.

please share info about such mature guilds searching for 1 to have an alt inside, can be another channel inside epic to kill my boredom.. got various alts inside various guilds so i can switch channels to see what program runs on which channel ^^
Last Edit: Oct 06, 2014, 10:23 am by eon

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline sakurabak

Being factionless is a pain.I have been without a faction for a very long time, got ganked A LOT. Having a faction means that at least this one faction won't gank you, which is a big plus. Finding a good faction with a nice leader is a big pain. in every faction, there are nice and smart people. There are also some unpleasant people in every faction, so a good leader, who is respectful towards his members and who is able to solve problems is necessary, or natural conflicts that appear once in a while, will never end.
Here are example of good faction leaders: Zinc (Overseers), Harpist (Warning).
Here are examples of bad faction leaders: GoodGUYBarb (or something-Ducks), Rev (nickname-GoodGame).
The last 2 statements are based on my own experiences and are my personal opinion.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Rawr is a good PVE faction, and fairly active from what I've seen.
There are plenty out there, you just don't hear from them as much.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
can someone explain me what's this thread about i seem to have some troubles out here  :-\

Offline eon

Here are example of good faction leaders: Zinc (Overseers), Harpist (Warning).
Here are examples of bad faction leaders: GoodGUYBarb (or something-Ducks), Rev (nickname-GoodGame).

The last 2 statements are based on my own experiences and are my personal opinion.

no idea on the good leaders but zinc moved to XP as a member long time back and no idea whr he is now..

GoodGuyBarb (Ivan) may or may not be good leader to all but have been to those who waits patiently and not rush things expecting 1 day miracles.. Ducks is never a serious guild except for few try hards (1 being me from time to time)
all inside ducks including leader and officers switches from fun to focussed (pk/TW) then back to fun.. we avoid trashtalks and drama (ofcourse exceptional members/occasions are there, after all even we are humans).. anyway ivan is taking break and attends only TW for now, but helps Angie (Sideris) and other friends who are managing ducks atm from outside game..

again just sharing my experiences :)
Last Edit: Oct 06, 2014, 11:01 am by eon

Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote

Offline eon

can someone explain me what's this thread about i seem to have some troubles out here  :-\

to help Tetai and other factionless players inside epic decide whether to join some guild or remain factionless in order to find their true happiness and everyone are sharing their views along with few trying to advertise their guilds trying to recruit few who may come across this thread and their post, while others farm posts to get dark green forum name  :P

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Pwi was not meant to solo.
The creators made it where there
Are times you need to work as a team.

I can't handle no socialization.
I'd say more but on phone