Epic Perfect World

Slaying & Warding

Offline Keykamay

• Kuna
As most of you are already aware of, doing anything other than PK with magic classes can be a real pain. The reason for this is rather obvious; Mag classes simply don't have the DPS or Defenses to keep up with phys classes in PvE. Mag classes rely on DPH(Damage Per Hit), which is great in PK, but horrible when faced with high HP mobs, especially bosses.

My inital thought is that Mag classes need more DPH on gear... Well that would help fix the PvE issue, but it would give these classes an unfair advantage in PK.

Then I remember Slaying level, and Warding level. Very similar to Attack and Defense level, but these only count towards mobs, they do not have any effect in PvP.

My suggestion is that you add a generous slaying and/or defense level to arcane armor sets already in the game. Or... Create a new set of gear that specializes in no more than PvP. My hope is that this gives some of the more disadvantaged classes in PvE just the edge they need to keep up with the others. I'm not gonna throw any numbers around for Slaying and Warding levels, but they should be significant enough to really matter once the full set is complete.

I am aware that there is already gear out there similar to what I am suggesting, but it has become obsolete because of the custom equipment and high level mobs on this sever.
Under the shade, A Dance of Grace
In the water, Oceans of Blood
Through the air, Crimson Lace
On the floor, Human Mud
-Kuna's Grace-

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
To be honest I completely agree with this suggestion..  It would increase the amount of AA users we see on this server.. And maybe there'll be less HA Clerics. ~Facepalm~
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline OffTarget

• Life is what you make it
isnt that gear available in moraii? i recall certain pieces available after so much prestige unless its worthless.... just asking not sure im remember correctly?!

Offline Keykamay

• Kuna
isnt that gear available in moraii? i recall certain pieces available after so much prestige unless its worthless.... just asking not sure im remember correctly?!

Yes it's out there, I pointed that out at the end of my suggestion. And yes, it's obsolete(useless).
Even if it was pretty good gear, it simply takes too long to obtain for it to be of any real use in balancing PvE.

And before anyone brings it up, I am well aware of the gear that you can obtain through the Morai quest line, it still isn't useful when compared to custom gear on this server.
Under the shade, A Dance of Grace
In the water, Oceans of Blood
Through the air, Crimson Lace
On the floor, Human Mud
-Kuna's Grace-

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
To be honest I completely agree with this suggestion..  It would increase the amount of AA users we see on this server.. And maybe there'll be less HA Clerics. ~Facepalm~

Actually probably not.. since they would just use other armors & stuffs for pvp, since cleric is and will be useless in tanking/anything but some aoes+support... ha clerics is for pvp only. Same with ha venos (all other magic ha is fail<.<)
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline zancloufer

• Beginner
What about merely buffing those weapons from the Orders instead?  Yes they take a good ~2 weeks plus however long you spend reshaping them, but something that might compare/out do 150 gear against mobs shouldn't be a walk in the park to get.