Epic Perfect World

Wiz's r8 Analysis

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
Ok so, im talking about this again cuz i wanted to post this on the previous topic that got locked(im not making this to create flamings but to show facts to people).Everyone put in discussion the low defence for wizards which is, low:thats true, but thats a problem related to all 1,5 classes since 1,5 classes r meant to be played with r9 gears and not with EPW's custom ones, that means that all weak and strong points of the classes are amplified so its normal that magic classes tend to tick in a few shots physic ones and viceversa.That the wizard damage is low compared to ea ones its true(i wanna let u notice that with new update the DD output is lowered) but the main problem of ea vs mage is that eas can easely outange mages that dont have anti stun or anti freeze skills(yes elemental has 10% chance to remove the freeze but nvm) and the pdef boost wont help,while the crit does and its almost the best way to take down an ea(u can keep disabling them with elemental invocation,tac rev and FoW but u dont gain that much time).
Now, what people dont get is that 15% pdef bonus is almost useless on mage( more def is usefull, but this 15% more pdef its worth anything compared to the DD input) while 3% crit on a mage is so fking important, and even if it can look as some verry slight change, its not!!Infact,just to kick in an example, the new magic ring have 3% crit and not 4% anymore, this shows how much even 1 crit is vital on a wiz and on any magic class, even because many times thats what gives u a nice heiro(just to remind it, EA are the classes that most suffer of wizzie heiro damage, and thats the best way to fk em;right cuz people were complaining about ea vs mage thinking thats what causes the issue, lol....if they used hitting u 12k per hit now ull get like 11300...wow)
But lez move on with all the other classes.
WR:
a MG vs a WR stands low chances due to the magic marrow and the wr8 r8, the only way u can win them is if they r using aps gear, if u catch them without marrow or if u 3spark or with a lucky series of crits;the tankability isnt an issue, the problem is that u cant drop them easely and u tend to waste ur chi.
So in this case Crit>pdef.
MG:
most mages 1v1 dont allow Blade Tempest so crit would directly win, but lez assume they do, it is still pretty predictable and so easy to be avoided and in most MG vs MG, its a lucky crit at half HP with sandfall, mountain or even BT if allowed(and even BID) that gets u the win.
once again, Crit>pdef.
WF:1,5 wfs are pretty broken and vs mages they have an easy win due to the multiple immunity skills, the fact that they can make u 0 chi and locked, the damae that they get can be reduced by skills such bramble hood and they are an arcane class which means that u wont hit much on them.They can make u 0 pdef in which case i fu hav 420k or 1 wont change anything since 0, is 0.the best way to kill them is stunlocking them and critting, or also casting a BT(with crit ofc).
Crit>pdef
WBs:sometimes ive even got red name vs WBs, they r pretty easy to defeat if u know how to play a mage and i can grant u that if u use vit tome def wep and might ring, u can even get the privilege of not wasting a genie over their stun/knockdown since they wont hit that much.The key is in CCing them,making their MP 0 and such and since u WANT to use at the best those times while they r frozen or stunned and such, the higher DD output u have, the best it is.
Crit>pdef
EPs:mg vs ep is long, and boring, very boring.The ep is advantaged cuz can keep u slept,sogged and soulburnt, and the only way to win is opening a way in his defences when he switch to VD to kill u or when he wastes his genie, since u wont be hitting hard on him once again crits are crucial, not to mention a critted BT at half hp.
Crit>pdef(yes ik they hit physical with plume shot but still crit is better vs them since SB and their 2/3spark will be what gonna kill u)
EAs:not much to say, except they hit harder than u, they have more range, they have better evasive skills, best way?crit them to death(bring at half hp, use mortal, try for ur crit then try again, since mortal will allow u a "2nd 1 shot crit chance")
Crit>pdef
Sins:they r very hard to be defeated as a mage and the best way is to throw all u got wishing for a stun a seal or a reversion to proc, since tanking them is useless(with def wep, vit tome and might ring they still zerk on me 20k+ with a 3sparked throwing knife which is one of the weakest skills that they got) and crit helps because more the fight lasts, more the sin gains advantage since ur genie will be wasted earlier than his one.Yes, the pdef helps taking less damages, but whats the point if anyway he can keep u locked until he gains his lucky zerk?then lez make it lucky zerk vs luzky crit, sounds way better ;)
Crit>pdef
Psys: i dont even know why im writing this but anyway, psys aint even got physical skills except for the bleeding effect that they apply but that can be ignored, the fights with them are slow and boring and best way is a crit strike with sandfall divine and such or the most common way is a critted BT on their black voodoo.
Crit>pdef
Mystic: yes ok, F1+F2 and job is done...its sad but its pretty true, still they can be defeated but it takes alot of concentration and luck, and u need to pickup the right moment to stun them after they wasted their genie and their chi, so u need to optimize the few seconds that u have to freely hit them,which means higher DD output=better results.the increased pdef wont help vs their spammable AS and pet hits.
Crit>pdef
Seekers:aps seekers are harder to defeat since they can keep u stunlocked,DPH ones are easier.Anyway in both cases the increased pdef wont stop their zerking combo,and in the aps case if they need to hit u 10 times to kill u, maybe they gonna hit u 11, but since they are 2,86+ aps, well make ur maths...Still vs seekers the pdef could even be really low and i couldnt care less since the best thing to do is using an expel after they sac slash and in that case, u r completely immune to phys damages.might ring,def wep and vit tome gonna help u alot aswell in the kiting process.DD is always the key and not to mention that after last update they got +15% resistance to the elem that in their case makes really a difference since they have 110+ def lvls,so the crit goes to equalize their boost, if we lose it, we lower our chances of victory.

In conclusion, if u are a good wizzie and know how to play ur pdef wont even bother u that much since u will always put ur opponents in a condition that they gonna be disabled, u just need to pick the right moment and use all ur resources to mitigate the damages in the other occasions...th real wiz defence is in their shrinks, in the 0 mp, in the 0 chi,its all about making ur enemy lost, bringing him out of his PVP schemes and trampling him with damages(yes, crits^^)...
alot of player dont know how to play this class and just wanna sit and spam quaff+random skills and i grant u that 85% of people that +1ed the r8 change plays like that,the 12% doesnt play mage at all, and the remaining 3% are good players that maybe will regret losing the crit after they got the useless pdef boost.The def boost is a good idea but put as blessing, not as an exchange for our DD that isnt even that amazing.
Plus, this change would make Sage wizards useless and even in mass pk, a wizard is good for hs ability of dealing spike damages, with a crit u can even 1 shot a party of  ticked EAs, cuz in mass u should use alot of BT,Mountain and BID(which aint used by 99% of wizs but btw it hits harder than mountain)
and the pdef increase which is really low wont help at all..we all know nowadays PKs, and if the damage form eas will be reduced by like 500 pints per hit, which is nothing but even in that case u wont hae jsut 1 ea hitting on u but more likely 3 eas on u+1 wr stnulocking u + randoms or sins on ur ass, so rlly, cmon.
I dont see why this stupid change should be applied when like 3 persons out of 21392103921930 approved it, but u see, if it was right it woul be even cool but this wont do anything cept making wizs weaker.

And yes, i wrote a book cuz ik that even who +1ed it gonna regret it in the future.Gl have a nice day xddd

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Holy wall of text, Batman.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

bvanharjr

Holy wall.

Fixing.........

Fixed version.
START OF WALL
END OF WALL.

Done with enough spoiler warnings for tonight, too.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 04:54 am by HealerTid

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
Holy wall of text, Batman.
i just dont see why a Class should be ruined due to a bunch of people that dunno how to play it(and Teru ain't in those even if he was the author of the post) ;)))

Offline Pascaline

• Sam ♥
 Surprised that I actually did read it all.

I don't see the big deal with losing 3% crit since it won't really make the biggest difference. But neither will 15% physical reduce.
Slightly Inactive.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
Loosing 3% crit won't make a big difference, LOL ! 15% pdef is better than 3% crit but still wizzies are fine ok ?

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
Loosing 3% crit won't make a big difference, LOL ! 15% pdef is better than 3% crit but still wizzies are fine ok ?
losing 3% will make a diffo especially cuz 15% sux and it aint better...u are in that 10% that comments without even play a wiz .-.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
losing 3% will make a diffo especially cuz 15% sux and it aint better...u are in that 10% that comments without even play a wiz .-.
I played wiz for 2 years, and then i changed my main to sin, still i play my wiz daily. so..yeah i have the right to comment
Edit : lemme give u an example. Lets say u have 100% crit, and u lose 3% which u will have 97% crit left. What difference does it make ? 1 out of 1000 hits wont be a crit.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 05:13 am by BlackRoft

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
I played wiz for 2 years, and then i changed my main to sin, still i play my wiz daily. so..yeah i have the right to comment
Edit : lemme give u an example. Lets say u have 100% crit, and u lose 3% which u will have 97% crit left. What difference does it make ? 1 out of 1000 hits wont be a crit.
yh but infact wizs on this server have between 30 and 33 crit around that, not 100, LOL

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I kinda made this same argument on the other thread, but got shut up because I don't play wizzie. s: Needless to say, +1. Wizzies aren't supposed to be tanks. Learn to play. s: -Says the trash EA

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
Wiz wont get pdef 3 part r8r bonus for one very simple reason.

They already have a 120/150 % pdef boost buff, so really think 1st or just learn to play a wiz correctly.

note loosing 3% crit is loosing the chance of 3 crits out of 100 not 1out of 1000.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
i just dont see why a Class should be ruined due to a bunch of people that dunno how to play it(and Teru ain't in those even if he was the author of the post) ;)))

I wasn't disagreeing or agreeing with you, dear.
A simple observation of the amount of text you wrote.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Swink

Wiz wont get pdef 3 part r8r bonus for one very simple reason.

They already have a 120/150 % pdef boost buff, so really think 1st or just learn to play a wiz correctly.

note loosing 3% crit is loosing the chance of 3 crits out of 100 not 1out of 1000.

Agaito already stated he will be changing it , during the next server reboot.

Mages on this server have an average of 30-34% crit rate. With the new fire shield its 45-50%. My mage has 32% crit , so yes although I could careless about it, loosing 3% crit would be stupid. 15% damage reduction wont make a difference tbh. If you play a mage active in mass pk, you will still get hiero'd by ea's. But whatever.
You play mage for 2 years,? Have you played it in mass pk bro?
  :normal-2:

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
I played wizard exclusively on official PWI for a long time.
Then I rolled a wiz on Fake PW.
Now wizard is my main here on Epic PW.

I'm not the best one out there but I do have some experience so listen to this:

Wizard is supposed to suck **** in 1vs1 but be angel of death itself in mass PvP.
And I prefer that it stays this way. If you want a mage that is actually good in 1vs1 I suggest rolling a veno.

Wizard is already OP as hell on this server, most people just lack patience and knowledge to make it work.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 06:26 am by Groovy
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
what's the moral of this thread