Epic Perfect World

Buildings

Offline Komatoze

• Characters: Komatoze
  • Faction: Desolate Leader
We need buildings in this game to walk into, like a building for the blacksmith tailor, banker etc...its too plain without them

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
That would probably have to be implemented on PWI first I'm afraid.  :-X
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

bvanharjr

PWI tried to implement housing and scrapped the entire plan over 5 years ago. I don't THINK they will attempt to add something like this until they're able to add housing.

Offline Komatoze

• Characters: Komatoze
  • Faction: Desolate Leader
damn :\ it wouldn't even be too hard to code. :x but fair enough it would require quite abit of some work.

Offline King Kazma

• Fox
  • Here i am not.
Would just require a small bit of coding or messing with files to build them from objects that already exist, but Player housing like on Runescape, where u can customize it, that would be the BOMB, or even faction base customizing to have all the event forges, r8 forges Teleport master illusion stone, customizable layouts it would be super awesome to get something like that.

Offline Toshiro

• Geekasaurus
  • IF you dont like me, piss off.
  • Characters: Griffith
TBH, it would most likely be more than "just a bit of coding" due to the fact that none of the buildings have skins on the inside nor do any of the game objects current have any openings that I know of. And to make it customizable for the players, that would be even more coding. Not to mention having to generate new skins, new objects, etc... That would actually take quite a while.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but have you ever tried to make a GOOD looking skin for, lets say, a table? Have you ever tried to make the model for one so that you can get the coding needed? I tried in High School and its not that easy. The model isn't so bad if you know how to do it, but getting the proper skin, and making it look good, and making sure that there are no errors in the placement of the skin is a lot harder. Specially if that's not what you do on he regular.

I'm sure someone like Aga wouldn't have too much trouble with it all, BUT it would still take a a lot of time to make, test, implement. Not to mention, what if none of it was even compatible with the current DB? Would the entire DB have to be re-written just to add it? would it work, but be glitchy as hell? And yes I know thats what testing is for. IJS.

BUT, adding the forges and stuff to base I don't think would be that hard, but it probably wouldn't spawn in the base when someone made a new one. It might have to be spawned later on by Aga.

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
having a house would be sweet XD when i first started playing in 09 i heard rumor that they were supposed to implement something like that and it has never happened
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
what why ? no plz no.  the game is old keep it like this i don't want more lag

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
having a house would be sweet XD when i first started playing in 09 i heard rumor that they were supposed to implement something like that and it has never happened
It's true. There's a NPC that allows you to build a house, of course, it doesn't work because it wasn't implemented.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
It's true. There's a NPC that allows you to build a house, of course, it doesn't work because it wasn't implemented.

I never support the add of house in this game, by two reasons:

1-Kids already confuse this with real-life.
2-With more things that simulate the "real" world, they would move totally theyr minds to this game, what will make they unsocial kids.

-1 for houses.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
did you see my cave ss? :'( it's so cool when you can actually enter a building and buy stuff there, like in wow. Too bad we won't ever have it. I also always thought that inn thingy would be awesome

HAY HAY, I've pixel-jobbed that npc

Those quests really confused me back then
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014, 10:03 am by Dead

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
did you see my cave ss? :'( it's so cool when you can actually enter a building and buy stuff there, like in wow. Too bad we won't ever have it. I also always thought that inn thingy would be awesomeHAY HAY, I've pixel-jobbed that npc

Those quests really confused me back then

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER

I have to correct you since i was part of a project team on this. it was implemented in full, pwdatabase can show you that. However this was only during W2's early test server handouts. It was decided it should be for the P2P version only and then was removed right before open beta started internationally. 4% still exists of the items/npc data and 23% of the map/task data still exists today. although only .5% of the map data is actually accessible client side only.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules