Epic Perfect World

Opinion on increasing Mages def

Offline Striker

• Banned
  • App/Web Developer
  • Characters: BAHA
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
I couldn't read the thread, I'm color blind I can't see red.. can someone make a TL;DR ?

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Actually , veno bramble was removed after the tideborn came out for a quite simple reason: sins were 3 sparking and killing themselves in the bramble. So after filling pages of forum with complain about it, the pwi dev remove it. Which i found it pretty lame, because those people didn't even knew to play a sin. But this topic is about wiz not veno.
You are noob  :normal-8: :normal-29:

Thats fair, now they 3 spark and kill us.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
 if ur gonna talk about bramble.. dont forget that purge is supposed to remove all positive effects. it doesnt
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
if ur gonna talk about bramble.. dont forget that purge is supposed to remove all positive effects. it doesnt

Purge tidal please.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I'm on the fence here, but I think Teru also said that he wouldn't mind a damage reduction in place of some defense. 

I mean, shit, I have both a wizzie and a mystic, and my mystic is tankier.  Granted, my mystic is also built around defense rather than raw damage, but...

It's rough for mgs since they essentially NEED -chan to actually kill anything quickly (basically they're the sins of the magic class--needing a bottomless pit of money to get as much -chan as they can), but at the same time, even with demon stone barrier, how are you killing if you're horizontal for most of the fight? 

So I understand the struggle, but it looks like it's an apathetic subject for most.

Purge tidal please.

If purge worked on all buffs, you realize that psy soul skills would get purged too? And thus would be a nerf to your beloved psychic, albeit indirectly?

:P #foodforthought

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)
Stop crying and go get the +phy def% on ur r8 top. It should be either more -channelling% or more phy def%, but definitely not both...It is senseless to make the class with the highest damage and above average chan speed (if it is appropriately geared) with more phy def%. If phy def% is so much of an issue, why is there no mages with phy def% top? Obviously, people are becoming greedy nowadays...

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Stop crying and go get the +phy def% on ur r8 top. It should be either more -channelling% or more phy def%, but definitely not both...It is senseless to make the class with the highest damage and above average chan speed (if it is appropriately geared) with more phy def%. If phy def% is so much of an issue, why is there no mages with phy def% top? Obviously, people are becoming greedy nowadays...
Totally agree on this post

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

It could just be me, but I don't see too many wizzies on the server either...

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kofte & Barz
+1 I agree.
As a sin I can agree they are low on pdef.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God

Pretty much. Every other AA class sacrifices channelling/damage to get a physical defense % top. :c For example, I have two sets of gear for veno. One is survival based, the other is DD based. You typically can't have the best of both worlds at the same time unless your gear is just ridiculously OP and very, very expensive. Mages shouldn't be able to have both when everyone else can't. >.>

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
It could just be me, but I don't see too many wizzies on the server either...

Pete and I were just talking about this yesterday.
They are an unpopular class and surely there has to be a reason for it.

I don't see anybody crying here.
Just a discussion about a potential imbalance.
It's comments like these that make a thread spiral out of control
as people start getting defensive and hostile.
It happened to the last thread.
Each to their own, I guess.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Tetai

• RIP
  • Characters: Tetai
  • Faction: Artifex
I Totally agree with that Wizards should have more pdef , Just because they are not like other AA classes which has less CC and they are like have no skills to increase their pdef not such like psy or venos ,  Which can use white vodoo or transfer to fox form ! same goes to mystic

Siggy By Lisa

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I Totally agree with that Wizards should have more pdef , Just because they are not like other AA classes which has less CC and they are like have no skills to increase their pdef not such like psy or venos ,  Which can use white vodoo or transfer to fox form ! same goes to mystic

No skills to increase pdef? What about Earth Shield?? You know, that main skill that -all- wizards use.
On another note, I don't agree that Wizards should get more defense. They're squishy because they're the hardest hitters in game. They already have a skill that bumps them back away from melee attacks, distance shrink, and I think they have a leap back too [I don't remember, as it's been awhile since I mained mage].

I don't see anybody crying here.
Just a discussion about a potential imbalance.
It's comments like these that make a thread spiral out of control
as people start getting defensive and hostile.
It happened to the last thread.
Each to their own, I guess.
Mgs are fine...stop crying about them lol
This guy said the same thing as me (the crying part), but why did u comment about my post only?? Do u comment selectively or with different standards? Also, I feel surprised that u actually only commented on the "crying part" of my post...it feels like u didn't get/selectively ignore the rest of my post.

Last Edit: Sept 30, 2014, 03:11 pm by IDuKnow

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Mages are weak both in defense and offense, it's role might be a dd but an archer or wf is superior in every way. They should get 15% physical reduction on their r8 set bonus just like every other arcane class.