Epic Perfect World

Opinion on increasing Mages def

Offline ܣᏁᎧᏉܣ

• The Author
  • They are not strong, you are just too weak...
  • Characters: Fadlazzz

[shadow=red,left]I have just read this topic and I haven't expressed my ideas about this before it got locked so I want you guys to hear me out.[/shadow]

[shadow=red,left]First, I do agree on everything Teru said. Mages really have this very low defense, with less skills to survive. True they are one of the highest Damage Dealers, but, can be 1 shoted by other DD classes.

In view of this, I do agree that increasing Mages' def a bit will not hurt the balance. I am not QQing even if I do got 1 shoted by a lvl 149 Mystic / Sin. MAGES' DEF ARE LOW! Arcane defense is only applicable to auto attack, and has a 25 second interval.

Also, to tell you frankly, Mages are the slowest casters in this game. Yes, they have heal, but, it takes 2 seconds to cast, even if you have 3x chan on your wrist. You will spend a hell amount of money to get -chan on all gears, thus sacrificing your magic stats and damage. Yes, you can change def gears, but, when you get stun locked, or get occulted, you are dead.

I know I am not good player, I don't claim I am good, I am just stating a fact.

GMs can also lock this thread, I just want to express my opinion as a fellow Mage user.

I +1 Teru's suggestion.
[/shadow]

siergrain

Already making Arcane Def proc on any mele attack wold be alot, no need for more def then

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
+1  15% reduce physical damage
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2014, 10:07 am by TJTLegend

Swink

+1 I agree Mages needed more defense.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
+10% reduce phy damage would be nice  :police:

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
I have just read previous topic as well and didn't get to comment, thread got locked so quickly no love for mages D:

Offline kikii

• Characters: kikii,NuhNuh
and thats why they hit like 3mil on my archer and sin and they need more def ? :D
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2014, 10:26 am by kikii

ironplayer12

Mgs are fine...stop crying about them lol

Offline Solomon

• Forum Veteran
i support adding 10% reduce physical damage taken to mages r8 instead of crit

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
I have just read previous topic as well and didn't get to comment, thread got locked so quickly no love for mages D:

I gave reason for locking.

I think OP got his answer from this and ALLLLLL the other posts sooo going to lock this before too much arguing begins.  :-X
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I understand that you want a better quality of life for Mages, but if you were to increase Mage's "reduce physical damage taken"
Then you ought to reduce some of their dramatic raw damage.
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

siergrain

I gave reason for locking.
yes and locking it so fast prevented more ppl giving their opinions
there were posts to buff classes that rly dont need buf but u guys left those on to go on 10+ pages of flaming

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

[shadow=red,left]I have just read this topic and I haven't expressed my ideas about this before it got locked so I want you guys to hear me out.[/shadow]

[shadow=red,left]First, I do agree on everything Teru said. Mages really have this very low defense, with less skills to survive. True they are one of the highest Damage Dealers, but, can be 1 shoted by other DD classes.

In view of this, I do agree that increasing Mages' def a bit will not hurt the balance. I am not QQing even if I do got 1 shoted by a lvl 149 Mystic / Sin. MAGES' DEF ARE LOW! Arcane defense is only applicable to auto attack, and has a 25 second interval.

Also, to tell you frankly, Mages are the slowest casters in this game. Yes, they have heal, but, it takes 2 seconds to cast, even if you have 3x chan on your wrist. You will spend a hell amount of money to get -chan on all gears, thus sacrificing your magic stats and damage. Yes, you can change def gears, but, when you get stun locked, or get occulted, you are dead.

I know I am not good player, I don't claim I am good, I am just stating a fact.

GMs can also lock this thread, I just want to express my opinion as a fellow Mage user.

I +1 Teru's suggestion.
[/shadow]

Ahh i dont know, wizs got the earth shield, i always thought this was enough...But well if u wizs really need that def, then +10% for u.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Kia

Increase def only at the cost of taking away 50% damage. Kkthxbye.

Just kidding.

Crit isn't really as necessary as survivability and many other caster classes have the defense set bonus.

scatterer3

Increase def only at the cost of taking away 50% damage. Kkthxbye.

I agree.