Epic Perfect World

So apparently you can get chat banned for...

Offline Anathros

-expressing your own opinion? The rule I apparently broke was this.

3. No fighting with a GM for any reason in any chat. If you have a problem send Private message in game or forum to Agatio.
Breaking this rule will result on the following:
1st. If the player in question is disturbing the server to complain about a Game Master action, the player will be Warned to stop the comments thus leading into problems.
2nd. If the player still persists on disturbing the server such as comments on world chat, they will be muted for 2hours.
3rd. If the conversation between the Game Master in question and the player in question doesn’t reach a stable decision, the player will be banned for 2 day.
PS: If this conversations result on rule 2, the appropriate actions will be taken.

I made an opinion based on real evidence that the GMs on this server, usually do not type legible English, as the game rules themselves state. I made a simple statement, (and once again, an opinion at that) that the professionalism of the current GMs seems to be at an all time, and quite frankly, regular low. I get chat banned for that? Rule 3 states that if I have an *arguement* with a GM about a particular topic, it results in a chat ban. This was not an argument. This was a simple statement made, with grounds to serve as evidence, that the game could use more professional staff. Included is the exact statement I made, with absolutely no conversation between GMs going on before said event.

NoHomo: Trying to get immunity from GMs since time immemorial.

LeakyKitty

That does seem harsh :s

Offline luvyoshiluv

Now in a few minutes one of the GMs will say you cannot discuss bans on the forums. <3

Edit: And then lock the thread because they don't have time to deal with being corrected on such subjects.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Now in a few minutes one of the GMs will say you cannot discuss bans on the forums. <3

Edit: And then lock the thread because they don't have time to deal with being corrected on such subjects.

You are correct but its not that we need to be corrected, its the fact that these types of matters should be discussed in a pm and not discussed within the community for public attention. GMs are more tolerant then what you are making them seem.

If you have a problem send Private message in game or forum to Agatio

Edit:
1st. If the player in question is disturbing the server to complain about a Game Master action, the player will be Warned to stop the comments thus leading into problems.

I do think you should have been warned first, and if continuing to disturb the server with complaints would have lead to the mute.

Edit 2:
Going back to what I said about

being corrected is one thing, but a flame that will in lead result in flame/smashing gms is another. This is the main reason these "discussions" are best to be kept in private messaging.
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012, 01:52 am by Skylight

Offline Anathros

You are correct but its not that we need to be corrected, its the fact that these types of matters should be discussed in a pm and not discussed within the community for public attention. GMs are more tolerant then what you are making them seem.

>Chat Ban

lolwut?

Offline Night

How does one take it to PM after you've already chat-banned them without warning? e.o please elaborate on this, because I would like to know this nifty little trick you're talking about.

Also, this mute was for two hours... for a first offense. Sky, I know GMs aren't supposed to squelch each others' authorities, but you should definitely take it upon yourself to correct this blatant blemish on the image of every GM on EPW.

No offense or anything, but as a potential prospect I would feel either the GMs are corrupt or can't count... neither of which would make me want to play here.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
A warning was sent, 2nd offence 2 hour mute.

Everyone after the warning was 2 hour muted.

He may have said this at the wrong time but not likely, still warning was sent, he continued, he was muted.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Anathros

A warning was sent, 2nd offence 2 hour mute.

Everyone after the warning was 2 hour muted.

He may have said this at the wrong time but not likely, still warning was sent, he continued, he was muted.

Oh, so you treat everyone as one person? Not individuals? I don't see the logic in that, Ninjas. People are just that. People. Not a person. I made one *opinion*, yet I get treated like the others that were posting legitimately harassing comments left and right?

Offline luvyoshiluv

Honestly, chat banning over such a trivial thing is completely ridiculous.
Especially when it was only an opinion.
Freedom of speech anyone?
Personal beliefs aren't even that offensive, people just take them the wrong way.

Offline Anathros

Honestly, chat banning over such a trivial thing is completely ridiculous.
Especially when it was only an opinion.
Personal beliefs aren't even that offensive, people just take them the wrong way.
Indeed. An opinion isn't meant to be taken to heart, as it is simply made of what the individual themselves, think about a particular subject/thing. Yet I get treated like the others who were actually making offensive, sexually so even, insults over world chat.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech, the liberty to speak and otherwise express oneself and one's opinions. Like freedom of the press, which pertains to the publication of speech. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution bars the federal government from “abridging the freedom of speech”.

Although speech is freer in the United States than in many societies, federal and state laws do restrict many kinds of expression. Some kinds of speech regarded as damaging to individual interests are limited primarily by the threat of tort action; other forms of speech (e.g., obscenity...) are restricted by law because they are regarded as damaging to society as a whole. Speech that is regarded as disruptive of public order has long been beyond protection (e.g., “fighting words” that cause a breach of the peace or false statements that cause general panic ...). The government also limits speech that threatens it directly; although sedition laws are rarely prosecuted in the United States, such rationales as a danger to “national security” have been invoked to silence criticism of or opposition to the government.

If we are the government of this server, the rule regulators then which of the examples does personal opinions fall under?

Offline Destroft

Just as a reply from me i would like to say that i feel the players should drop this one since the two hour mutes almost over anyways and its not like a Bann on the character so before someone gets themselves banned or something i am just advising everyone to leave the gms alone they do make there own decisions based on there beliefs if they do not coincide with our its not there fault its just the way that they interpret the rule themselves thank you and i appreciate your time reading this

NyxSebia

Offline Anathros

If we are the government of this server, the rule regulators then which of the examples does personal opinions fall under?

>You are the government

Skylight, I mean no offense, but you have no idea just how wrong you are. The players are what keeps EPW alive. You lose the players, the server dies. People are not happy in this thread. I posted it because I don't want someone else to suffer the same fate I did, being thrown into a group of others that I wasn't even associated with, only to be issued the same punishment as people who were actually insulting others/GMs. I've spoken my peace now.

"Power to the players". - GameStop
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012, 02:20 am by Anathros

Offline YaKuZa

I believe that all of you children should be somewhat more mature and stop crying when you get sent on a timeout. The GM's do a fine job keeping the troublemakers they "can catch/see" at bay, while they cannot be on 247 which is saddening, they cannot catch everything.

OP: You are wrong, clearly, and you should just accept it and make amends. They are your GM's, you are their player, learn to listen to them and stop being so belligerent.

Offline Anathros

I believe that all of you children should be somewhat more mature and stop crying when you get sent on a timeout. The GM's do a fine job keeping the troublemakers they "can catch/see" at bay, while they cannot be on 247 which is saddening, they cannot catch everything.

OP: You are wrong, clearly, and you should just accept it and make amends. They are your GM's, you are their player, learn to listen to them and stop being so belligerent.

>All of you children
>Stop crying
>You are wrong (No evidence to support such claims)
>Listen to them and stop being so belligerent (OBEY)
>The GM's do a fine job keeping the troublemakers they "can catch/see" at bay (Once again, evidence?)

1. Calling people names. Where's YOUR maturity?

2. Telling someone that they're wrong without any grounds whatsoever to prove your claim sounds like you're trying to turn what is technically your opinion, into fact. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

3. ***kissery. Need I say more?

-If you have nothing constructive whatsoever to say on the subject other than trying to tell everyone here to shut up, (Hmm, sounds familiar) then please, just keep to yourself.