Epic Perfect World

Nightscream Isle

Offline Night

I think we should use Nightscream strictly for leveling or farming, since there are two sides to it -- people would often go there, though, to pk the lower levels. This would spawn a LOT of PVP action. I think this would be an amazing opportunity to extend the game beyond our current endgame gear. Honestly, I have a 150 BM in full gear... and it's boring. Sure, PK is great every now and then, but I would really, REALLY like to see more content -- maybe some more custom gear for channelling/aps, or damage increase, pdef mdef; just more stats altogether. Bigger numbers are always better :D

Alternatively, you could use the other side of the island for leveling purposes -- after 145, running PV just freakin' sucks. GV is not worth it, either, as you get more EXP, gold, and about the same amount of EC from PV (give or take maybe 10 EC.)
 Maybe make the mobs specifically tailored for lvl145+, or give us a limit to the number of mobs we can kill so often.

Also, the instance on NS could be used for leveling/farming purposes -- could even be an OPEN INSTANCE, so everyone could go in together. Lot of PVP, pitting factions against each other in a battle wherein only those with the best teamwork will prevail!

:D just a few more suggestions!

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
You get bored at 150 but want to speed up the midgame to get there faster?

We need to keep everything at slower rates so people dont finish the content faster than its released!

We have a lot of projects going on, Agatio is consulting a develouper friend on making anytime tws.

We are working to get reflections here ASAP, it would really help the server, it makes tws more linear, you can't just fly in and destroy your oponents, you have to overpower the enemy at thier gates to get into the base.

We are always looking for endgame content ideas, but ones to speed up midgame we don't need. I think maybe a redistribution of EXP needed per level would help, maybe make 148-150 not feel so long, while keeping the level progression the same.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
That would be great, right now you can just do a few PV's and hit 145 in no time. All the content up to there is only used very little. If the distribution would be more equal then the huge boredom at 148+ is far less + all the existing content like the 120 and 130 gear isn't a use for 1 hour thing.

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
You get bored at 150 but want to speed up the midgame to get there faster?

We need to keep everything at slower rates so people dont finish the content faster than its released!

We have a lot of projects going on, Agatio is consulting a develouper friend on making anytime tws.

We are working to get reflections here ASAP, it would really help the server, it makes tws more linear, you can't just fly in and destroy your oponents, you have to overpower the enemy at thier gates to get into the base.

We are always looking for endgame content ideas, but ones to speed up midgame we don't need. I think maybe a redistribution of EXP needed per level would help, maybe make 148-150 not feel so long, while keeping the level progression the same.
That would be great, right now you can just do a few PV's and hit 145 in no time. All the content up to there is only used very little. If the distribution would be more equal then the huge boredom at 148+ is far less + all the existing content like the 120 and 130 gear isn't a use for 1 hour thing.

Yh slowing down 120-145 would really help, those lvls give you the feeling that lvling is easy, then 145-148 is rather annoying but goes so-so.... then 148-150 takes longer then 1-148._.
Right now it goes faster to lvl to 130 then the 120 set takes to get... 130-140 is almost the same ...

SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Agatio's reasoning for the way it is is that people hit 145, then will stick around and not leave, even though its a pain. I am fairly certian he is worried that if its more evenly distributed people will look at it, say too hard, then give up.
Ex-GM

Offline Night

I like that I actually got an intelligent reply, thanks Ninja.

I guess I see what you're saying, but what I'm trying to get across is to not make leveling the key component of the game, but farming. People will hit 150 easier, but that will just be the early-game.
 Rather than running PV about 500 times, we'd be running several different instances for different degrees of gear. An example would be:

G18 Blue - farm FB59 bosses for (x) number of (filler) mats for your specific gear (each boss dropping for a different piece of gear)

G18 Purple - farm FB69 bosses for (x) number of (filler) mats for your specific gear (each boss dropping for a different piece of gear)

G18 Green - farm FB79 bosses for (x) number of (filler) mats for your specific gear (each boss dropping for a different piece of gear)

G18 Red - farm the instance on Nightscream for (x) number of (filler) mats for your specific gear (i'll stop repeating this, it's pretty obviously the same xD)

G18 Gold - farm another instance somewhere else for another mat from another boss for endgame gear that exceeds dragon

We could even extend this beyond the current gear, while keeping it as a whole. G18 Blue would be stronger than Dragon, or stronger than Nirvy but weaker than Dragon. As you ascend through the ranks (colors) you would gradually grow stronger, being able to advance through the other FBs used to farm the higher-ranked(colored) gears.

How do you feel about that idea?

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
but what I'm trying to get across is to not make leveling the key component of the game, but farming.
Farming is already much bigger component than leveling.

Full Demonic with single weapon requires 3050 EC, and
you already know how much time and work you need for that.
Add Pure God Stones for +20 vit, add Uncanny, Rapture, Warsong
Crystals, add Skills, add Tomes, add some recrafting...
(Mount and Flight tokens I didn't count here.)

NOW try to tell me that level up is not much faster than gear up.

"You can get 50 EC from Blue and 100 EC from Purple Contract".
Yes, once per week when you get those Contracts.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Farming is already much bigger component than leveling.

Full Demonic with single weapon requires 3050 EC, and
you already know how much time and work you need for that.
Add Pure God Stones for +20 vit, add Uncanny, Rapture, Warsong
Crystals, add Skills, add Tomes, add some recrafting...
(Mount and Flight tokens I didn't count here.)

NOW try to tell me that level up is not much faster than gear up.

"You can get 50 EC from Blue and 100 EC from Purple Contract".
Yes, once per week when you get those Contracts.

For some reason i get quests more frequently nowadays... in 5 days ive made around 800ec from BH only
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
For some reason i get quests more frequently nowadays... in 5 days ive made around 800ec from BH only
I'm happy for you.

HONESTLY !!!
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Agatio's reasoning for the way it is is that people hit 145, then will stick around and not leave, even though its a pain. I am fairly certian he is worried that if its more evenly distributed people will look at it, say too hard, then give up.

Ok proposed an alternate level progression to agatio.

Starts off fast till you hit 120 (so you can get into 120 gears, then slows right down).

The total exp 110-150 is the same.

I will post it if you guys want, but if any of you have opinions on how we should do it please post them here!!!
Ex-GM

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
Boring? Im 150 and have all i need/want. Im making r8 atm. Join a new fact and help new Players, help a fact grow, organize some stuff...

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
In my opinion, we don't need a new endgame set, and Nightscream is perfect the way it is. Bored? Make an alt and get it to 150 >:3  As far as ninjas said, redistributing the exp so it's more equaled out instead of based solely on 148-150 (where most players just give up), would really be a decent idea. Only thing I have against that is I know many players who get to 140 and GV to hit 150 (from what I've seen, mainly clerics) this would make it a bit more difficult on them considering hitting 140 would take a bit longer..

~Slash
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
at 145 in nirvana gear, my seeker dropped sins lvl 150 in full dragon. ijs. A 145 Mystic in 130 gear with a nirvana wep was dropping 150 sins the other day at Nightscream. Ijs. :o
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~