Epic Perfect World

.ini Color Editing Issue

Offline columbine

• Old lady
  • Alt-oholic
Since the last few patches (certainly the last two) I haven't been able to edit my characters' .ini files to give them a different hair color, specifically bright red.  When I copy the correct code from a character file with the correct color into the file I'm editing, the color just shows up black.  I'm using "colorHair = -999999999999999999" which has worked in the past and should work now as far as I know.

Has there been a change to the way the color code should appear?
Sin, Cleric, Psy, Seeker, Barb, Mystic, Wiz, Archer, Veno...I likes 'em all

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
This issue seems to be going on the same way as the veno tail color change. My only suggestion is to be patient and hopefully aga can find a fix :)

Offline columbine

• Old lady
  • Alt-oholic
Ah!  Ok, wasn't sure if the two were related.  Thank you!

Offline tragedy

I changed one of my characters' hair to a bright red, but I use the number 131072. Just yesterday, in fact. You should try that, see if it works.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline columbine

• Old lady
  • Alt-oholic
 ??? That worked!   ;D  Thank you!

Not sure why the other code also works for a couple of characters though.  Very strange.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
The following link contains all the possible (solid) color codes that you may use for hair, eye, or skin color.

On the Barbarian class of the Untamed race the skin color will not be changed, you can however change the tail color of a Venomancer by changing the ColorBody section. The following webpage is not in English though it can be translated (depending on your Web Browser).

To use the color code correctly, copy the number to the far right of the color you wish to use, that section (when translated) is for use on Perfect World and will not work with other games that you can edit colors with. (Untested but likely.) Remember to remove any commas within the number if copying and pasting or the number code may not work.

LINK: http://bbs.178.com/thread-650288-1-1.html

Bookmark the page if you wish to use it over and over, it is very tough to find if you are unable to type in Chinese (Simplified Han).

Here is a link which will give you all the possible colors you can think of.
Enjoy.

Scylla

Invalid it seems.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012, 03:21 am by Scylla

Offline columbine

• Old lady
  • Alt-oholic
Yes, the ones from the video were what were not working for me.  The ones from the website do though.

LeakyKitty

Just use the link Sky gave you, only one that would work with the current pw version u have.