Poll

Like the suggestions?

Yes
No
Don't care
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Changes to Mr & Miss EpicPW Event

Angelica

I do agree on editing the screenshots, it's really lots of fun and it shows all the effort you made on your entry. I just don't think that it should be the point of a fashion event. Someone asked why it's a problem that some winners don't even have their full bodies in their screenshots -, well, from my point of view, since it's still a fashion event you should have every piece of fashion (head, body, legs and feet) in the picture, seems pretty logical anyway.
However there are some nice changes, so yeah, why not.
P.S: Also, why aren't there reasons why the judges picked the winning screenshots? Did you like it because of the creativity, the nice colors, background, etc., just some words would probably help a lot of people on what they could change, and of course, it could stop people from saying "this event is much biased wow", because there are the facts, and although it is still subjective, at least you know why they liked those shots.
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2014, 02:49 pm by Ɗulcet

Opulence

P.S: Also, why aren't there reasons why the judges picked the winning screenshots? Did you like it because of the creativity, the nice colors, background, etc., just some words would probably help a lot of people on what they could change, and of course, it could stop people from saying "this event is much biased wow", because there are the facts, and although it is still subjective, at least you know why they liked those shots.

^ This. +1

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I do agree on editing the screenshots, it's really lots of fun and it shows all the effort you made on your entry. I just don't think that it should be the point of a fashion event. Someone asked why it's a problem that some winners don't even have their full bodies in their screenshots -, well, from my point of view, since it's still a fashion event you should have every piece of fashion (head, body, legs and feet) in the picture, seems pretty logical anyway.
I totally agree with her.
About the pieces, for example for Formal if you're using a long dress it might be hard to notice what shoes you're wearing but still, you character's feet must be seen. :3

Offline Medea

• Team J
  • Mana was here ♥♥♥
About the pieces, for example for Formal if you're using a long dress it might be hard to notice what shoes you're wearing but still, you character's feet must be seen. :3

I agree aswell - except for the Swimsuit theme - coz imo you are not going to swim with shoes.
♥♥♥ Thank you Mari for the beautiful art. ♥♥♥

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Won't it be boring? Seeing whole fashion sets in every screenshot?

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Angelica

I totally agree with her.

I agree aswell - except for the Swimsuit theme - coz imo you are not going to swim with shoes.
Well yes, there's always going to be exceptions on that but you get what I mean in general.

Won't it be boring? Seeing whole fashion sets in every screenshot?
Make it interesting. Include what should be a logical requirement for a fashion event, but also be creative about it. There's filters, colors to play with, beautiful scenery in PW so that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
This event is sounding more and more boring to me with each suggestion...

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I agree

Angelica

I agree
angereds

Insanity

+1 good idea xd

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
+1 good idea xd

[1:43:10 PM] X420$: xXx_Insanity69Mared420Yoloswag4AllahPalestineTwerkTeam_xXx.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
[1:43:10 PM] X420$: xXx_Insanity69Mared420Yoloswag4AllahPalestineTwerkTeam_xXx.
A mared

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Okay, based on all the discussion here, I'll make a few things clear and finalise some decisions:

- This is not JUST a fashion event. The fashion for some of the themes is a requirement, as I specified, but it is not a requirement for all of them, hence not just a fashion event.
It's about your WHOLE shot. About your location, your pose, any other people you include in it, any bosses you use, any mobs you use, any pets, any mounts, anything. I'm guessing this may not be totally clear, so I will add a brief description to the event page to make this clear. I'm sorry for the confusion.
It does say at the start of the event that people were asking for a fashion event but I decided to do something a bit different. It's a beauty pageant, so it's about YOU, not just what you are wearing. That's why there is a question too. But I will make this clear.
I never asked for your ENTIRE character or fashion to be in the shot. You just needed to be in it and it needed to be recognisable that you had the suitable themed fashion on and that your screenshot, as a whole, fit the theme.

- Themes: To fit with the beauty pageant theme, the 'swimsuit', 'formal' & 'personal choice' will be regular themes. These are the types of rounds you would see in a pageant. I know this might be a bit boring, but it fits the event theme and finding 5 new themes per month would be a little silly.
I'd prefer you didn't submit an old shot, however you are free to use a similar style again and improve it, maybe change the pose or the fashion or the location, but you won't be marked down if it looks similar to an old one, just not exactly the same. This event is only monthly, so surely it's not too hard to make 5 new shots.
Also, people have been sending me suggestions for the other two themes and I've been using them.
Feel free to do the same if there is something you particularly wish to see.
There is no guarantee that I will add it, depends on if it is a viable theme (e.g. broad enough for everyone, easily done etc) but so far, all themes have been great.

- Winners descriptions: Someone has already suggested this and I will readd it. I will leave a short explanation as to why each winner won. I did it for the first event, but I didn't want my responses and posts to be too long and wordy and I didn't think people cared. But I will add this again for clarification on why that person won.

- There will be no changes to titles. Only 1 set for winners.

- Editing: I didn't mind the editing, as I thought this made it a little different to what its counterpart would have been in game (somewhat of a fashion event), but since I did specify that I am not after your photoshop skills and people are unhappy with it, the following rule will be implemented:

Only basic edits that would appear on any standard program
as in contrast, brightness, shadow, soften, & sharpen (all to a certain extent) will be allowed.
No special filters, borders, text or photo manipulation etc.

I will make sure to monitor this carefully and inform other judges when it comes to making a decision.

- The following prize scheme will be implemented:

- Winners from the previous month will not be allowed to participate in the following month only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, I didn't think so many people would be interested enough to say anything but I am very glad you did.

I'll leave this open a tad longer for last minute comments, then close, as the event will reopen later today.
Hope everyone is happy with these changes.
I can't please everyone, but I'm trying.

Although, please feel free to contact me in future if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns etc.

Seems a few of you had an issue with some things but I can't know this unless you tell me and we can discuss it.
As I have said before, we do events for you, not us. So we want to ensure you are happy with it.
Last Edit: Sept 23, 2014, 12:04 am by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Chawlie

• Menace to society ♥
  • Just can't help being so evil. ♥
Excellent  ^-^ Thanks for all the detailed info. Definitely clarifies things.

...I can't please everyone, but I'm trying.

True and you're doing a great job. From my experience as an admin on another game, I know GM's don't hear it often enough. All your hard work is appreciated!