Like the suggestions?

Yes
No
Don't care
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Changes to Mr & Miss EpicPW Event

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Thank so much to everyone for the feedback.
I really appreciate it and I'm glad to see most people are enjoying the event.

I do apologise to those who have been unhappy,
I will do my best to fix this over the coming events.
I will reign in the editing and ensure that it is not heavily judged by staff.

Seems most people have agreed with the changes.
So I will be sure to implement them when the event reopens in a few days.

There is just one last thing, the title for first runner up:

- 'Mr/Miss EpicPW Runner-up' and the current title for winners
- 'Mr/Miss EpicPW Prince/Princess' for runners-up and 'Mr/Miss EpicPW King/Queen' for winners
- No change, just leave one title for winners

Those are the options above. Any thoughts?

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
i vote for this hehe
Mr/Miss EpicPW Prince/Princess' for runners-up and 'Mr/Miss EpicPW King/Queen' for winners

if you have only done the event a few times theres always some bugs that need to be worked out :D
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
Medea she only means that if you won in august u cant participate in sept to give others a chance but you can join again in august :) it seems fair to me and makes sense
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline GelloAce

• Characters: Kiero
  • Faction: Ducks
Here's a tip for photos/screenshots,
Instead of "enhancing" try to do
"correction" when you edit.
What I mean by correction is giving
RAW screenshots the right colors and lighting.

EDIT: Titles should remain the same.
Last Edit: Sept 21, 2014, 12:14 pm by GelloAce

Offline AKB/AKM/_Shisui

• االله اعلم
  • Sean was here.
  • Characters: Gsp
  • Faction: Ruin
Why not make the Titles Epic King And Epic Queen
Then for runner Ups Epic Knight Epic Duchess
But that waaaaaay more awesome than

Mr epicpw king that's too corny.

Offline Medea

• Team J
  • Mana was here ♥♥♥
Medea she only means that if you won in august u cant participate in sept to give others a chance but you can join again in august :) it seems fair to me and makes sense

Ye I do know this and I was just joking/kidding in my comment.  :normal-3:

There is just one last thing, the title for first runner up:

- 'Mr/Miss EpicPW Runner-up' and the current title for winners
- 'Mr/Miss EpicPW Prince/Princess' for runners-up and 'Mr/Miss EpicPW King/Queen' for winners
- No change, just leave one title for winners

Those are the options above. Any thoughts?

Imo I would just leave the title for the winners.

Since there can be only one winner for male and female - imo only those should get the title.

But thats just my 2 cents.  :normal-1:
♥♥♥ Thank you Mari for the beautiful art. ♥♥♥

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I'll give some examples of editing too.

I admit that I may have gone over the top with some of mine.  But there are others where I'm like "okay, a little brighten here and there won't kill, especially on the darker shots."

My guess is under these new rules, the first screenshot would be accepted, and the second one would not.

Also as for the titles, I think the consolation prize is fine by itself to not need a title. 

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
aw

editing was most of the fun  :sad:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
All I say is that photo-manipulation should not be allowed :normal-47: whether person wants to really darken the image or over saturate it, is up to her :normal-4: But mixing 100302302324 images in one plus adding 1331312 filters is not fair. Not that I can't do that, better, don't make me >:D

Stuff like correction of the edges and adding colours to make it prettier does no harm. Ik some people can't do it but that's not a reason to completely take it away. Believe me, if someone knows how to take good screenshots, editing doesn't change much, really. And horrible SSs won't get any better even if you put thousand filters on it :police:

Oh and about the titles. I agree with Medea about it. Only one set of titles for two winners is enough imo ^-^
Last Edit: Sept 21, 2014, 09:56 am by Dead

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Chawlie

• Menace to society ♥
  • Just can't help being so evil. ♥

I'm new to this event, last month being my first time entering, but I like most of the changes you're making, and that you're willing to get the opinions of the community to adapt it to our needs as it grows ^_^ 

I can see both sides of the editing problem.  However, I don't agree that photoshopping is any proof that someone put more effort into their entry.
One person can spend hours choosing the right outfits, colors, and scenery, but have no editing program/knowledge to use it.
Another person can stand on any random mountain top wearing a pure white pre-matched outfit and majorly fluff it up in photoshop, all within 10 minutes.
Which one took more creative effort?
So, I agree w/ others who said just minor color fixes and such should be allowed.

But I still feel like the event itself is unclear.
Exactly what is being judged in this contest?

The description of it, and video included in last month's contest, gave me the impression that participants would be judged on the creativity of the fashion fitting the theme.

I thought it would be much like the fashion contests that took place in Ether, but giving players the chance to pose accordingly and include the environment as a prop. But it seems some entrants took fantastic landscape shots, only  using their toons as minor accessories just to fill the requirement of the toon being in the shots.  I even noticed someone was wearing the same outfit in two of their screenshots. Confused by this, I thought to myself, "I don't think these guys know what this contest is even about."

Turned out I was the one in the dark when I noticed that a couple of the screenshots in the runner-up entries, while certainly beautiful in general, showed almost no fashion at all, due to the environment obscuring it, or half the character cut off, etc.

I realize the environment plays a big role in the overall theme, but I thought the event was supposed to mainly focus on the beauty of the character and fashion itself. At least, that's what I think of when I see the term "Beauty Pageant." I've never seen a beauty pageant irl where contestants are judged by their background.
But this isn't real life and is a new-ish event thats still evolving.

So I'm just hoping for a little clarity on what to focus on in the next round of this event.

Either way, Thanks for hosting it and making the huge effort involved!  :police:

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
I can see both sides of the editing problem.  However, I don't agree that photoshopping is any proof that someone put more effort into their entry.
One person can spend hours choosing the right outfits, colors, and scenery, but have no editing program/knowledge to use it.
Another person can stand on any random mountain top wearing a pure white pre-matched outfit and majorly fluff it up in photoshop, all within 10 minutes.
Which one took more creative effort?

I can see why people don't want heavy editing allowed in the event, but lol, don't downplay the effort people went into editing as well.  People probably spent just as much creative effort editing it as they did setting up the picture itself.

Offline Chawlie

• Menace to society ♥
  • Just can't help being so evil. ♥
I can see why people don't want heavy editing allowed in the event, but lol, don't downplay the effort people went into editing as well.  People probably spent just as much creative effort editing it as they did setting up the picture itself.

Oh, yes, I totally understand where you're coming from and used to be an avid photoshopper myself, but I'm not trying to say that people who edit don't put forth much effort.
I'm only pointing out that editing isn't proof that someone took more time and effort w/ their entry than someone who didn't edit at all and gave extremes on both sides of the spectrum as an example.
Maybe I could have worded it better.  :-\
But I'm just saying that lack of editing doesn't always mean lack of creativity or effort.
Last Edit: Sept 21, 2014, 10:15 pm by Chawlie

Offline Legion

Melody when is next event?

Offline Medea

• Team J
  • Mana was here ♥♥♥
The description of it, and video included in last month's contest, gave me the impression that participants would be judged on the creativity of the fashion fitting the theme ...

I thought it would be much like the fashion contests that took place in Ether, but giving players the chance to pose accordingly and include the environment as a prop.

I thought the same, coz it was the first time participating in this event for me aswell.
And so I did my screenshots accordingly to those thoughts - and I won.
So I guess your interpretation of the description of the contest isnt wrong at all.  :normal-1:

As I already said in another post, I noticed aswell that alot of screenshots focusing more on the location and on editing, then on the toon itself.

What I am going to say is, the toons on those screenshots - which are beautiful no doubt about this - are just "an add", but not the mainthing.
Some toons are so far or so small, so you dont see much of the fashion at all.

Imo it should be the other way round.
The toon and the fashion (fitting the theme) should be the mainthing - and the environment/location should be "the add" to complete the picture.  :normal-3:
♥♥♥ Thank you Mari for the beautiful art. ♥♥♥

Offline Legion

Melody i wan suggest somethingtoo make the post of other player hidden till event post end last time i did alot hard work of gathering SS and in end saw some  same with other had posted and had  to re do most of all :(