Epic Perfect World

What To Do

Offline Keykamay

• Kuna
Let me start by saying that I'm new to this particular sever.

Okay. I'm level 139 Wiz/136 Arch/130 Cler with 24 gold. I honestly don't know where to go from here.
So I'm asking what your next step would be as a more experienced player. I would rather farm gear, coin or EC than spend gold on anything. PV is kinda lame at this point, EC farming mobs are usually swamped with players, and I haven't found any good spots to farm coin. With my current classes, soloing FC would take forever, and I don't usually meet level requirements to join any GV(could be wrong). I have a feeling that leveling my BM would probably solve a few issues I'm having, I just don't really want to put that much time into it at this point.

I rarely play this game compared to most of its population, and I don't play for long before getting bored. Not that I'm complaining, I just feel that I'm missing something, especially since most of the players I see are already level 145+ with fairly good gear. I've been on this server for a few days now (maybe a week).
Under the shade, A Dance of Grace
In the water, Oceans of Blood
Through the air, Crimson Lace
On the floor, Human Mud
-Kuna's Grace-

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
I recommend leveling your archer up, with the right tactics you can take pv np til 150. :s then you can pk like a bish, or go do other stuff... >.>
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I assume that for your Wiz/Arch/Cler you have 130 gear,
refined and stoned.

A week ago I would recommend to use Teleacoustics and
find partner for few FC runs, but unfortunately, Teleacous
are moved to Boutique now. So now while you need to call
for squad you also must save for gear. And when you have
gear you also have level and don't need so many public calls.

I have 3 toons and regularly take guildies to FC, so it might
be useful to find guild where people will help you level.

Go to Head Hunter at Archosaur Platform and do daily BH.
BH1 gives 10 EC and a chance to get blue or purple Contract
(quest) from Divine Emissary of the Void. If you get any,
blue ones give 50 EC, purple give 100. (Upon delivery exchange
tokens and get EC's at Divine Emissary of Shadow, in Goods -> Misc.)

Another option would be to farm Heaven's Cotton in Heaven
and Devil's Wood in Hell from lvl 140 mobs. Your Wiz will get
lvl 140 just from farming, then you go FC as far as you can,
you will get some mats, and some coins to buy the rest,
and to make Primal gear lvl 140. At that point will be easier to
find GV squad,  or to go FC deeper and make more mats for your
other toons. (Each piece of gear needs some FC mats and 10
of each Cotton and Wood. Browse forges to see.)

PV is not lame, I know players that were spamming PV through
the whole lvl 149, and you need 2 bill XP to get to 150.
I was combining PV, FC, GV, BH, and was also farming
Apocalipse Pages in Eden and Brim (non-wined), to sell
for some coin too. One run can drop about 6-12 of them,
and if you kill bosses too, they (sometimes) drop some book.
But I like FC the most. Maybe I "learned to like it" while
playing PWI... :)

Or maybe merchanting? Browse Auctioneer for cheap books
(2-3 mill) and then set catshop to sell them for 4-5. (hehe)
You might go higher, depends on book, but if go too high
noone will buy, they can buy most of books for 1 Gold
in Boutique. Few are 2 Gold, but that's max.

You can also have some fun if you buy Do All Cards (say 10)
and Mirage Celestones (say 100) at God's Giving, and try
Cube of Fate. Some people like it, some don't, but when you
reach room 50 you get Page of Fate.

There are more things, but from what you wrote I got the
impression that you play just to relax so I mentioned just
few easier things that don't require much of "devotion".

Find few guides from PWI describing sites if you need.
This forum also have very good guides.

Welcome and enjoy.

~~~~~

EDIT: If you see Vatromir or Dirkon online, just call.
If I'm not running FC with lower lvl guildies I will be
able to help.

My guild needs few more Clerics. :)
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012, 08:29 am by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Reval

• Virgin Barb
Let me start by saying that I'm new to this particular sever.

Okay. I'm level 139 Wiz/136 Arch/130 Cler with 24 gold. I honestly don't know where to go from here.
So I'm asking what your next step would be as a more experienced player. I would rather farm gear, coin or EC than spend gold on anything. PV is kinda lame at this point, EC farming mobs are usually swamped with players, and I haven't found any good spots to farm coin. With my current classes, soloing FC would take forever, and I don't usually meet level requirements to join any GV(could be wrong). I have a feeling that leveling my BM would probably solve a few issues I'm having, I just don't really want to put that much time into it at this point.

I rarely play this game compared to most of its population, and I don't play for long before getting bored. Not that I'm complaining, I just feel that I'm missing something, especially since most of the players I see are already level 145+ with fairly good gear. I've been on this server for a few days now (maybe a week).

Why not try deciding first on what character will you be.Every Character has their play style and Every Person got also their own Playstyle.

If you want to Support your allies by Healing and Buffing them then go Cleric.
If you want to KILL MOBS/PLAYERS with your mighty magic and doesn't like going to the front rows then go Mage.
If you want to deal damage in a long range fight  then go Archer.

My first tip to our beloved newcomers.They,including you of course,must choose a character which will be their Main.Yes its ok to create Alternate Character or what they say are "TOONS".

You just need to concentrate on your main first before you can go to your toons.

Yes PV is a actual pain in the ass and boring but the time that you give to it has its worth.

Well,No one is pushing you to play EPW.Just enjoy your time while playing EPW not like others its like their lives belongs to EPW.Hell they played 24hrs and 7days or they played EPW as in their Addicted on it.

Don't feel bad that you are seeing others that they are high level and got good equips.

Well,about the grinding of money.Again it depends on your playstyle.If you like to go AFK because you got a lot of things to do or any valid reason you can go GV.

If you dedicate yourself to be a boss hunter(Bounty Hunt) like me then go BH.BH is a like a luck.Sometimes your not lucky but sometimes you are lucky.

If you needed help about information and you needed a friend in game Just pm Reval if I'm online.

Offline Keykamay

• Kuna
I will definitely take all this into consideration. I have trouble choosing a main class, though I can see how that would help me. I'm not afraid to say that I am skilled with all 10 classes, Cleric is my favorite, but I find that clerics are more difficult(slower) to solo farm/level than most cases on private servers. I'll keep that in mind and probably go with Archers, seeing as they can use Aps fists for boss battles, and it'll be pretty cheap to restat for full dex endgame.

When it comes to farming/grinding gear and levels, I actually prefer to solo if at all possible, which is why I thought a BM would do pretty well just running PVs. I wonder which class would be a good source of income that I can then use on my favorite classes later on. It seems like a Sin could run through FC pretty quickly, and reach the end of PV for some extra ECs as well. In my experience, it seems better to stick with a class that brings in a good income before playing committing to your favorites, which in my case is Cleric. This isn't always the case depending on which classes is your favorites.

I must say, I didn't expect such positive feedback. :D
I really like the helpful community here. Thanks everyone.
Under the shade, A Dance of Grace
In the water, Oceans of Blood
Through the air, Crimson Lace
On the floor, Human Mud
-Kuna's Grace-

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
My standing tip to all starters:
make a demon sin and get it to 150 (145+ armor/acc+150wep+int tome/cape), a bit costy but demon sin is the best PvE char, and stealth makes grinding sooo much faster.

After that if you want to pvp make a new char that can be considered main... if you wanna play sin i suggest you reroll a sage.
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
make a demon sin and get it to 150 (145+ armor/acc+150wep+int tome/cape), a bit costy but demon sin is the best PvE char, and stealth makes grinding sooo much faster.

After that if you want to pvp make a new char that can be considered main... if you wanna play sin i suggest you reroll a sage.
Sorry to disagree, I have both Sin(150) and Seeker(150).

Seeker kill everything in FC, Sin stealths through some mobs
in first two corridors, and both finish FC within similar time.
Seeker gets more XP/SP/coin per run. (Did lot of FC with both,
Vortex gives some advantage in big pull.)

Seeker finishes PV faster, unless you stealth for few EC from
boss only, but then no XP/SP/coin. (Also lot with both.)

Seeker is more often wanted by GV squads. (See above.)
Seeker is more wanted by factions (for TW).

Some say that PvP events were won by Sage Sin more often
than by Demon Sin. (Didn't try. Doubtable.)
Sage BloodPaint heals for 3%.
Sage Rib Strike reduces target's HP by 10% for 10 sec.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
Sorry to disagree, I have both Sin(150) and Seeker(150).

Seeker kill everything in FC, Sin stealths through some mobs
in first two corridors, and both finish FC within similar time.
Seeker gets more XP/SP/coin per run. (Did lot of FC with both,
Vortex gives some advantage in big pull.)

Seeker finishes PV faster, unless you stealth for few EC from
boss only, but then no XP/SP/coin. (Also lot with both.)

Seeker is more often wanted by GV squads. (See above.)
Seeker is more wanted by factions (for TW).

Some say that PvP events were won by Sage Sin more often
than by Demon Sin. (Didn't try. Doubtable.)
Sage BloodPaint heals for 3%.
Sage Rib Strike reduces target's HP by 10% for 10 sec.

+1
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D

Hate to disagree here, but having tested demon/sage sin farming warsong (It was part of the r9 testing) sage sin is FAR better at farming warsong, sage sin also levels faster as you can do larger pulls in FC and PV.

Seekers (both fairies) with bloodpaint would be the best levelers in my opinion, they can also farm nirvana, fc and warsong effectively. (Check some of the videos on the forums).

In PvP sage sins have significantly more depth in playing them than demon sins (while this isnt strictly true, since almost every demon sin sparks and kills with auto attack makes this statement true enough), they are less predictable.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!