Epic Perfect World

PVP Non-stop

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
The reason why something like this was never implemented is:
- there's no way to be 100% sure that no-one is already in the room who would interrupt your PVP or at least design it in a simple non confusing way - PW devs tried to make something like this in the Cube Arena room and it came out so bad that it's entirely useless.
- if it had any kind of rewards and was PVP oriented it always could be abused by people putting their alts there

So far the best thing I came with is the NS Island, because it can't be abused. You may not like it and call it farming instance, but people need some initiative (rewards) to go there, otherwise any area on the world map would probably work better. And rewards in PvP instance mean that it could be abused. Unless you have better idea how to design it and make it worth while?

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
The reason why something like this was never implemented is:
- there's no way to be 100% sure that no-one is already in the room who would interrupt your PVP or at least design it in a simple non confusing way - PW devs tried to make something like this in the Cube Arena room and it came out so bad that it's entirely useless.
- if it had any kind of rewards and was PVP oriented it always could be abused by people putting their alts there

So far the best thing I came with is the NS Island, because it can't be abused. You may not like it and call it farming instance, but people need some initiative (rewards) to go there, otherwise any area on the world map would probably work better. And rewards in PvP instance mean that it could be abused. Unless you have better idea how to design it and make it worth while?
its empty atm the reward is way 2 low, maybe boost the reward to 1 silver coin o w/e per xtal (the 1 that can be converted to 5 ec's) or based on 50% rate supply tokens? like u have chance to get that silver coin or 1 supply token would be so good really
EDIT: i exagerated with 50% rate 20% for supply 80% for that coin would be fair

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
its empty atm the reward is way 2 low, maybe boost the reward to 1 silver coin o w/e per xtal (the 1 that can be converted to 5 ec's) or based on 50% rate supply tokens? like u have chance to get that silver coin or 1 supply token would be so good really
EDIT: i exagerated with 50% rate 20% for supply 80% for that coin would be fair
Not entirely sure about the silver epic coin but the idea sounds pretty good +1

Indulgence

I've been thinking about this ... since people always complain about outnumbered pvps, people that use the faction signet to fight 3, people killing you while you 1v1, etc... Is it possible to create a "pvp non-stop instance" where people can enter by taking the quest from a npc (solo or with squad just like nw) with a maximum nr of people for each team. Something like cube, with different rooms for each type of pk (1v1 room where you enter and just wait for your opponent, 10 vs 10 where squads have to be made then the leader takes the quest and teleports the whole team, guild vs guild with a max nr of people ofc, 2vs2, etc)

Since it's not an event, but something you do 'cause you're a pvp lover, rewards should be low (for the winner/winning team), something like 10 ecs and 10 st just like the God's giving quest and maybe a title that you can achieve after winning a decent amount of pvps (after 10 won 1v1, fot example).

Ofc kills count for rankings. All kind of pots allowed, but players should be debuffed when they enter, so they can have only self and buffs from squad members (if you don't have a cleric in team, no cleric buffs for you; 1v1 self buffs only ofc.)

So, what do you think? Is this possible?

I don't think it's impossible to implement and it's not a bad idea. But like Agatio said, there's already Night Scream Island for something like this. Yeah, sure, NS is kind of dead compared to what it used to be a year or so ago so I don't know.. It's still not a bad idea.

+1 anyway.

Offline Nexito

• Mentalista got rekt
  • Sin who floored Mentalista
  • Characters: Nexito
  • Faction: EpicGods
+++++++++ xD awesome suggestion

Offline Gamlen

• It's just a game.
Probably the best idea anyone ever suggested 1+
Gamlen 150 Sage Sin
Cudi   150 Sage EA

Sab

There is no such thing as PVP 24/7. Not trying to be the bad guy here, but it's just human psychology, people get bored easily. The most active servers are always the ones with a balance between the pve and pvp, in order  to make players no life their gears for improvement, so they can pk on it. I've not met some one in my whole gaming life yet, that would pvp 24/7, people just chill and pvp when they feel like it. What's the point of making this instance if players would stop going to it after a couple of weeks, look at NW, it has a good price doesn't it? but not every one goes to it every week, there are others who wouldn't do it at all as well. So if i was agatio, i wouldn't waste my energy or time in a such thing as well. This idea was done on a server called Perfect world Vendetta called Battle royal, you could get ganked there and stuff, it was open 24/7, but guess what, it wasn't a good solution and it got closed. So no offence, but this thing called as "PVP non stop/24/7 or w/e" is something that isn't even fun, cause at some point every player has to take blunt chill break aka just chill. However this idea might work for people who log less daily or weekly though, like me, since then i can pvp when ever i log for the limited time, but again. The amount of active population on server> the amount of population of people who log less. One Last thing, if this instance works in such a way, it can kill pk it self, if you think about it.
Last Edit: Sept 11, 2014, 01:40 pm by Destitute

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran

bvanharjr

I actually would like something like this to exist. Unfortunately, it would easily be exploitable by putting 150 alts in there.

Maybe if one-shot balls from TT 1-3 could be added, or RNG hands from Any X-3 instance, then just maybe that would help a bit. Really though, Aga has spoken about it too (scroll up.)

If I had a word in it, I'd +1. BUT as it's exploitable (for now), no.