PC building

Offline DeaDia

Could some1 tell me if this would be a good configuration
Cpu - INTEL Core i5 3570
Gpu - GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC, 2GB
16 GB of ram
SSD 240 GB
Power supply XFX 750W Core edition
Feel free to add a sugestion what u would build for ur own pc or what u would change in this current config.
I need it mainly for gaming :)

Disrupted

Indulgence

I don't really think this is the kind of place to be asking that.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Cpu - INTEL Core i5 3570
16 GB of ram
SSD 240 GB
Feel free to add a sugestion what u would build for ur own pc or what u would change in this current config.
What's your budget?

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
I don't really think this is the kind of place to be asking that.

please.. expert here ok.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
please.. expert here ok.
gtfo, I necro'd this.

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
please.. expert here ok.

giv me your pc mr

Offline SHINIGAMI

Cpu - INTEL Core i5 3570
16 GB of ram
SSD 240 GB

CPU: that cpu isn't bad, but i'd try to get a 4th Gen one. something like the i5 4460 or i5 4590 ... or something higher if it suits your budget. If not, then stick to the one you picked. CPU is something you might not want to upgrade for some time now, so better to grab one of current gen i'd say.

RAM: 16GB ram, err, with that build i don't imagine you to utilise 16GB efficiently. I'd suggest going with 8GB for now and use that money on a different component (perhaps the CPU). Unless you are going to be rendering Videos alot, in which case this will speed things up a bit but not so much as you're rendering speed will be bottle-necked(to keep things short) by your CPU (if you pick the cpu you listed).  so overall, i'd say go with 8gb RAM for now, and upgrade it later when you can.

GPU: well, this depends on your budget really...  better graphics cards costs more and vice versa. Alternatively you could go for an AMD graphics card which will give you more performance for the same price you'd be spending on that 750TI.
Although, AMD cards run a bit hotter (but they are build to run as hot as they do, so its ok) and in most cases louder (just louder in general, but nothing too annoying). Also, ATI takes a week or two sometimes to release driver updates for newer games (only sometimes) where as Nvidia will update there on the release day of a particular game if they need to)
Overall, i'd suggest an AMD card. you get more bang for your buck if you are on a budget.  (i run 2x AMD r9280x on my rig)

SSD: is that the only drive you are going to get ?   i don't see you listing any other HDD so i'll assume you will only get 1x 256GB SSD. This is a bad idea unless you plan to get another HDD (i.e. 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM) shortly after you build this rig.  Otherwise, i'd get a 64 or 128 GB SSD to use as boot drive + grab a 1TB standarm 7200 RPM HDD to store everything else in. will relatively cost you the same as the 256 GB SSD.

PSU: that's not bad PSU, but it's more than what you'll need for this rig but thats not a bad thing. This will leave some room for future upgrades without having to worry about getting another PSU.  So stick with the one you listed unless you dont plan to upgrade this PC anytime soon, in which case you can grab a 550-600 watts PSU and save a bit of money.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
Labs, i require upgrade  :'(

Offline SHINIGAMI

just go dig out another one of those monitors from the junk yard and your build will look just like mine xD

Muffy

You should be asking at a different forum. Also it depends on what you intend to use your pc for. plz dont say ur upgrading only for pw

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
You should be asking at a different forum. Also it depends on what you intend to use your pc for. plz dont say ur upgrading only for pw
i wanna upgrade my laptop to run supper mario without lags
help please

Offline SHINIGAMI

yea.. alot depends on what you'll be using your pc for lel. Like those 16 GB RAM, you won't need em if you are only going to be gaming, but if you will be rending video or some 3d modelling then those 16GB will come in handy.

Also, where you live and the parts available over there + your budget plays a role aswell.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr

LOL RUNESCAPE

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander

oki I nab but... why 2 :sad: :-\

Signature by Lonicera