Epic Perfect World

Auctioneer

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
I really think we need the Auctioneer NPC again - people ask all the time for TT mats or skill books or w/e. Thanks.

Offline nkv1

I am against it,
firstly auctioneer fee is one one of the things that makes (useless chars) cat shops like in the picture on my post http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=169.0 clog the site and increase lag;

secondly time spent on auction is 24 h maximum, which makes items unusable during this time;

thirdly because of time limit cost control is badly done, people are greedy something can cost 5 million one day could cost 500 million the other day. That could happend on forum, but trying to sell something for 500 million when there is a post selling it for 5, will make anyone with common seance to go for item that costs 5 million;
And would be worse if Auctioneer did not have a fee;

fourth no bidding which makes our items to be sold with price u wanted not more. That makes stingy people give their money too, knowing that buying an item is not a competition;

fifth if we do get Auctioneer no Epic Coin or Gold to Coin Exchanges and vice versa;

So i suggest as a player to use trade section on this forum.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2012, 09:13 am by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline nkv1

Got an idea, why not put it to vote with a poll.
Also got another idea why not make a pawnshop with a controlled prices
for instance
maximum price of an item = 5 * NPC price buy price.
as example
maximum price of dragon orb +1 would be 5 * 630 = 3 100.
so price range for dragon orb +1 is from 1 to 3 100 coins at the pawnshop.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2012, 09:22 am by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus

Trade section on this forum is useless. I posted a topic about buying demon archer skill books and of course no answer. I cant believe no one has archer skill books. Maybe someone has, is willing to sale, but doesnt waste time on forum..

Offline pronoob

Trade section on this forum is useless. I posted a topic about buying demon archer skill books and of course no answer. I cant believe no one has archer skill books. Maybe someone has, is willing to sale, but doesnt waste time on forum..

most people i know are still farming books for themselves their alts and their buddies when this is done there should be plenty of books for sale

Offline nkv1

Trade section on this forum is useless. I posted a topic about buying demon archer skill books and of course no answer. I cant believe no one has archer skill books. Maybe someone has, is willing to sale, but doesnt waste time on forum.
I will surely answer you if I get any demon archer skill books, all I got for now was sage frost arrow which i already traded for a demon skill i needed, Its not useless at all. If people vote, than they come here so there is quite big chance for them to take a peek at your post.
ADVERTISE UR SELF IN GAME
And tell your friends to tell your friends to see trade section on forum. (people should know trade section has been opened).

What I am more interested would be to make pawnshop as I suggested in 2. post
Also got another idea why not make a pawnshop with a controlled prices
for instance
maximum price of an item = 5 * NPC price buy price.
as example
maximum price of dragon orb +1 would be 5 * 630 = 3 100.
so price range for dragon orb +1 is from 1 to 3 100 coins at the pawnshop.

Sitting in as a catshop is wastefull, Auctioneer is a smart thing, but very difficult for the end buyer. As I already said in 1. post as 3. and 4. on this topic. You can put a skill there for the selling for months and none would buy it. Why, its cheaper to do it alone (specially when you are a Level 110+ from the start).
What could stop someone from selling a skill for 500 million and wait for someone rich to buy it. (jackpot strategy)
Last Edit: Feb 01, 2012, 09:57 am by nkv1