Epic Perfect World

Malicious website blocked?

Offline Crowne

• Beginner
Earlier today when I opened the client, I got a pop up from Malwarebytes saying it was blocking a website?  I'm not sure what it is blocking.  I can play the game fine, I am just worried because I don't know what it is!

Anyone can let me know what is being blocked?  I see server #4 as being down.  This happened earlier today and happens every time I open the client and get to server screen.

:police:

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
This IP is the IP of our alternate ddos protection service. http://www.tcpiputils.com/browse/ip-address/37.221.163.21 
Your Malwarebytes is reporting it as a malicious for some reason, but you should be able to add it to the exclusions in the settings there.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Get better virus protection. :normal-18:

bvanharjr

Add an exception within Malwarebytes for the entire EPW folder.

To do this within version 2.0 (May be the same way with version 1.75!):

1: Open up Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2: Click on Settings, then on Malware exclusions.
3: Click on Add folder, then browse to where you saved and extracted EPW to and click Select Folder.

You should be good to go.

bvanharjr

Get better virus protection. :normal-18:
Malwarebytes is NOT an anti-virus program. It's an ANTI-malware program, designed to run alongside with an a/v.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
Malwarebytes is NOT an anti-virus program. It's an ANTI-malware program, designed to run alongside with an a/v.
You're saying viruses aren't malware? LOL

Never mind, did some research and see what you mean, it sounds useless if you have a good A/V.
Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 08:44 am by Areashiii

bvanharjr

You're saying viruses aren't malware? LOL

Never mind, did some research and see what you mean, it sounds useless if you have a good A/V.

IF you have a good PAID A/V you don't need malwarebytes. If you have like Avast or Avira (free versions only) though you'd probably want to get mwb.

And yeah, a whole lot of people scratched their heads. :P

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
get a anti-virus lol

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
IF you have a good PAID A/V you don't need malwarebytes. If you have like Avast or Avira (free versions only) though you'd probably want to get mwb.

And yeah, a whole lot of people scratched their heads. :P
I see. KIS is the best.

Offline Crowne

• Beginner
This IP is the IP of our alternate ddos protection service. http://www.tcpiputils.com/browse/ip-address/37.221.163.21 
Your Malwarebytes is reporting it as a malicious for some reason, but you should be able to add it to the exclusions in the settings there.
Ahh! Okay, thank you!

@everyone else:  I do have antivirus, it was Malwarebytes blocking it, not my antivirus. :police: