Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would you accept Transforming Attack/Defence Levels into Slaying/Warding Level Levels?

Yes, leave a reason why
No, leave a reason why

Player Opinion - PvE R9 Gear

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
So many of you did not like the idea of R9 being added to the game. We had many rather nasty insulting complaints being thrown at us for adding this feature into the game. So here it is, A new Idea by some of the members in your our community.

THIS TOPIC IS NOT TO ATTACK ANYONE

Original Idea of R9
Pros:
1. Get people out of pvp areas to FARM new gear.
2. Add an EC Sink to increase Prices within the Economy.
3. Increase Voting.
4. Add coin Sink to decrease the amount everyone has.
5. DPH sins - Less aps but have a small chance to zerk.
Cons:
1."To Overpowerd, and I farmed Dragon already D:"
-Answer: Dragon was adjusted to stand a fight against new gear with adjusted attack/def levels.
2. "It ruined PWI, Unbalanced"
-Answer: This isn't PWI. We strive to balance everything within the server. Look at the nerf adjustments toward barbs and sins.
3."Expensive, I just can't afford to "waste my time" trying to farm that."
-Answer: The idea was make it out of reach so that people would have to spend time to get it. Not spoon-feed it to the laziness that everyone has inside of them.

New Idea
Instead of having attack/defence levels how about slayer levels (Morai armour with improved slayer level)
This will make your terrifying R9 Gear into rather nice PvE armor of to the equivalent of Dragon Gear. Take in mind that the GM team is also working on new instances and maybe these gears could play a huge factor in how well you compete in these instances with stronger bosses.

Example

Light Armor
Physical Defense +1242
Elemental Defense +1933
HP +1000
Modded stats to Dragon equivilant
Defense Level +3 Changed  Slaying Level +Modded
Attack Level Changed Warding Level +Modded
*Note All stats have been modded to look the exact same as Dragon Gear.

Bottom Line : WOULD YOU ACCEPT Nebulous/Catastrophe/Overlord/Warflame/Sanctity/Nirvana/Miracle/Rebirth Oath/Voidwalker/Tranquility gears if they were made into a pve set?

Another Question:

Do you feel r9 should be left with the balanced attack/def levels for new endgame gear?
-Post a reply on this question please with your answer and reason why.

(This will regulate WC flame more with a forum post)

--------------------------------------------------

I think if it is switched to pve basic rep will stay a ec item but I'd like to see some sort of farming system for this gear. so Morai gear was the pve gear right? Maybe if possible have eu alot harder, but also have a reward system that you can get the r9 tokens from the eu chests. (remove them from boutique) + lower the time it takes to do eu in half instead of 24 hours maybe every 12 hours? that way its not hard to get, but its still a bit outa players reach.

Most players will still be required to spend coin on rep due to r8 reforge so it will still be ec/coin sink but another way to get this. In turn you need 205 tokens right? have a mob like the shrine ones that drop these tokens at the same drop rate as shrine mobs. as for the r9 2nd cast you already have to farm nirvy but maybe lowering the mat req for those tokens to say > or < ~250 raps/cannies per token will keep the nirvy farming feature implemented.

With pve new instances could come out depending on the projects and time and further advance in epw expansion. Just a few ideas I had about this in general.

Let me know what you like and don't like about it.

Scylla

I wouldn't mind this really. It'd be a nice PvE set, and those who farmed dragon can stick to dragon for PvP. If you want extremely good PvE gears, go R9. Sounds good.

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
Because an end-game "pve set", that has ridiculous requirements and no attack/casting(for most classes) is totally a good choice.

Offline tragedy

I'm sorry, but..I have no idea what 'Slaying level' is.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Scylla

'Slaying Level' is like attack level, but only for PvE. 'Warding Level' is like defense level, but only for PvE. They came with Morai update.

Offline tragedy

Oooh thank you for clearing that up. I left PWI a loooong time ago so I still have some major catching up to do with the new lingo ^^
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline Yvaine

• The lesser you care, the happier you are

more damage to mobs

Offline Brilliant

I wouldnt Mind a PvE set if it had intervul and Casting on it ofc. Cant stand a slow caster ./rage.  Sounds like a Fun idea to have a PvE set depending on how hard it is to get ahold of it ofc lol

Offline luvyoshiluv

Honestly, don't think there's enough PvE interaction at all in this game besides farming for your gear then once that's done, you sit around and PK. :O Going to vote yes, because IT IS a good idea, assuming that the GMs actually come up with a few more instances, etc.
So basically, you have all our previous armor, then R8 recast which is a tad worse than Dragon, while similar to Demonic? Then you'll re-add this "R9" PvE armor"
I don't even know why we need all this when all there is, is 150. Sounds like very minimal variety to me.

Offline siricouture

~Rank 9 is too much to farm out of the middle of nowhere to just be a PvE armour. If you seriously want a PvE armour make a different armour set from like TT or something.

Like think of it like this: You are level 130+ and you want to spam farm fc for your 140 gear. Rank 9 is for level 101 BUT it requires 300k rank, all those general summer tokens or whatever is needed to make rank9, a few mill to get the pieces, those that don't like the stats would want to restat the gear....ALL that just to do better in a few fc runs. Will anyone really want to do that?

Offline skankd

I would really like to see  R9 armor in game then i will have to do something instead of just pking ._.
Skankd - 150 BM
Mastah - 147 Mystic
Taigen - 147 Seeker
NiggaTank - 145 Barb

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
I think adding a PvE set could be good, specially making the 120-145 normal sets pve since those lvls are 99% pve, then one 150 pve set and 2(?) pvp sets (since i think the new r8 recast version is pvp and the other one is dragon)

SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
One of the best features of this server is NOT having atk or def lvl, please don't start adding it =/

Offline DrakeX

• Teleman
In my opinion it would be really nice to get new PvE gear.
But like mentioned before ... its a mess just to farm r9.
It wont be worth it when the prices stay like they are atm with r9.
I mean ... 9,6 gold for 32 GST just for Ring of Trauma? And the weapon needs 85 GST ...

So, if you gonna add r9 PvE Armor reduce the price anyhow or make GST and MoG farmable.
Or make a complete new Armor set not related to r9

~Rank 9 is too much to farm out of the middle of nowhere to just be a PvE armour. If you seriously want a PvE armour make a different armour set from like TT or something.

Like think of it like this: You are level 130+ and you want to spam farm fc for your 140 gear. Rank 9 is for level 101 BUT it requires 300k rank, all those general summer tokens or whatever is needed to make rank9, a few mill to get the pieces, those that don't like the stats would want to restat the gear....ALL that just to do better in a few fc runs. Will anyone really want to do that?
it will probably for lvl 150 like r8 recast is and it would be a waste of time to get a full  pve set when endgame is almost all pvp so no