Epic Perfect World

A few changes...

Offline Night

So these are some things I've seen done on other servers or games and it always seemed to work really well. If you are going to simply flame or say I'm advertising or some crap, you don't belong in this thread -- gtfo.

• Less about the levels, more about the gear
  • - What I mean: I have been playing EPW for about a month... I'm level 150, just hit it yesterday. I understand that's a hell of a lot easier than on the official server, but I did not enjoy grinding PV for hours and hours day in and day out. When I hit 150, sure, it was a rush; It was a short-lived rush that only lead me to lazing about when it comes to getting my gear. I'm still sitting in nirvy for the most part, and can't be bothered to farm the EC for the gear I need.
  • - What can be done about this: New instances could be made to further advance our characters beyond what we currently have (that being Dragon gear), and raise the bar a bit more. People in 140 gear or 145 gear would not dare go out for PVP (unless others were geared alike), and people 150 or higher could have another goal to attain. Perhaps make dungeons/instances where the mobs are too strong to take on without full Dragon gear, and they drop something even greater. Maybe something that requires a full team to take on -- maybe even make an open instance where the guilds whom work best get the most out of the bosses.
  • Farm for materials instead of Epic Coins
  • - What I mean: Okay, so all of the Dragon gear pieces require the same materials in different quantities. 200 EC for one item, 300 for another, 250 for another, or whathaveyou. To be honest, farming EC grows rather tiresome and boring. Perhaps we could make use of the Wraithgate instance or Firecrag Grotto (the 110+ PV) in order to farm some new materials dropped by new and powerful bosses.
  • Get rid of the magic mobs in PV
  • - What I mean: I have played a Barb, a Blademaster, a Wizard, a Veno, a Psychic, and a Sin. In NONE of these did I even attempt to kill the magic mobs inside of PV. They are nothing but an annoyance to dodge and weave around. For the love of the gods, please get rid of these monstrosities.
  • Create a second PV, for casters
  • - What I mean: Alright, this one was ripped off of an earlier post, but I liked the idea so I thought I would bring it to light; The only classes that benefit greatly from running Phoenix Valley are Blademasters, Assassins, Barbarians, and knowledgeable Archers. No arcane class can really group the mobs effectively in order to AoE them to death, leading to a slow leveling process -- which means less and less people will play casters. Every server I've ever been on has had this problem, and it could be easily resolved by creating a separate instance with mobs that have slightly decreased HP and damage, but are immune to physical damage. This way the casters can run in and aggro mobs without fear of dropping dead, just like any physical class.
     Think about it this way; It's hard to reach 150 on a blademaster... imagine doing it on a cleric.

Sorry this drew out so long :P I just had a few ideas I thought I would let the community bash me for.

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
150 on a bm is the easiest thing in the world on this server....other than the pk  :police: but I agree with the cleric argument, it IS hard to do pv on a cleric. I have every class levelled to 150 except for cleric for the sole reason that pv takes excessivelly long with a cleric x.x
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline 💀PotatoMan💀

• Expert Beginner
  • I gib potato, for , I, am PotatoMan
  • Characters: SamaLeak
  • Faction: *insert faction*
i think Psys are good caster in normal PV now (cmiiw) and as for EPs, "squad" will make things easier  :-X
its a good suggestion tho, on "Caster's PV" 

Ty Echo for Signature

Offline Lemonade

150 on a bm is the easiest thing in the world on this server....other than the pk  :police: but I agree with the cleric argument, it IS hard to do pv on a cleric. I have every class levelled to 150 except for cleric for the sole reason that pv takes excessivelly long with a cleric x.x
I run my cleric on pv without a problem, 2-3 hits on aoe skills,

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
-1. Farming doesn't take very long anyway, we don't need to ruin the economy further (easily farmed 20k last week with minimal effort on my cleric). 

As far as PV goes, all magic classes can easily solo it, if you're willing to  go farm say, level 130 gear, once you reach the max level setting for PV. I've leveled every class to 150, multiple times (sage/demon) and it doesn't take long at all, especially with vote gold boosts + guide person mats. The whole process shouldn't take any longer than eight hours on a fresh account. 

Making it easier will just cause more problems further down the line, when people who have never played the class, breeze through an overly easy leveling system, hit 150 and realize they have tons of skills that they don't understand, fail in PK and quit. 

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
what the *** necro, you realize nothing she said applies to the server in the current state
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
  • I am a poop #echogmabuse
  • Characters: ★Michalynn★Brooklynn★
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Create a second PV, for casters
  • - What I mean: Alright, this one was ripped off of an earlier post, but I liked the idea so I thought I would bring it to light; The only classes that benefit greatly from running Phoenix Valley are Blademasters, Assassins, Barbarians, and knowledgeable Archers. No arcane class can really group the mobs effectively in order to AoE them to death, leading to a slow leveling process -- which means less and less people will play casters. Every server I've ever been on has had this problem, and it could be easily resolved by creating a separate instance with mobs that have slightly decreased HP and damage, but are immune to physical damage. This way the casters can run in and aggro mobs without fear of dropping dead, just like any physical class.
     Think about it this way; It's hard to reach 150 on a blademaster... imagine doing it on a cleric.
okay I get what youre saying here but wiz in pv is ez distance shrink is fast kite skill with short cd hailstorm aoe freezes. idk what problem is here
demon veno has insane high speed after transforming so ez kite except when frozen o3o noxious gas is fast channel even in low tier gear
psy? really. aoe stun and psychic will with numerous other aoes how hard
mystic listless sleeps everything and just spam heal wat
only one here that I cant vouch for is ep just cause lack of kite skills and sht dmg unless in vd or uvd ._.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
okay I get what youre saying here but wiz in pv is ez distance shrink is fast kite skill with short cd hailstorm aoe freezes. idk what problem is here
demon veno has insane high speed after transforming so ez kite except when frozen o3o noxious gas is fast channel even in low tier gear
psy? really. aoe stun and psychic will with numerous other aoes how hard
mystic listless sleeps everything and just spam heal wat
only one here that I cant vouch for is ep just cause lack of kite skills and sht dmg unless in vd or uvd ._.
EP easy. Plume shell + tempest ? Never been an issue. 

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
EP easy. Plume shell + tempest ? Never been an issue.
wouldn't know I donated my ep to 150 cause pve and pvp on eps are just a turn off for me e.e

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
wouldn't know I donated my ep to 150 cause pve and pvp on eps are just a turn off for me e.e
EP is easy to level tbh, like 4 hours. 

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
EP is easy to level tbh, like 4 hours.

BUTTTTTTTT pve is cancer o3o can barely do bq and bh e.e

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.

BUTTTTTTTT pve is cancer o3o can barely do bq and bh e.e
?? PvE Hype. TT Hype. Let's go. 

kitty stew

only one person realized this thread is from 2012

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
Oh I realized, but it's more to stop the horde of QQ when people read it  :police:

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
what the hell LOL i was about to reply to it then i saw that why on earth was this revived.