Epic Perfect World

Patch notes v29

Scylla

I understand what you tried to do. Just don't. R9, whether its "mathematically balanced" or not, will always look bad in peoples eyes. That's how it is.

If you really wanted a new gear set or whatever, why not just make one? I don't mind having to farm for a new one, just not this one. If R9 is the same as dragon, why is it needed?

Just my thoughts. Thanks for the effort.

EDIT: Its being removed, thanks. Sorry your efforts were wasted.

Offline tommy2838

I noticed the +20 strength bonus from 3 pieces of HA dragon gear were gone, is that a glitch?

Offline OffTarget

• Life is what you make it
no im kinda dissappointed its gone too n the change in cloak n la top bonus changed from reduced phy defense 3% to 5 attk lvls  :( hopefully the rollback puts it back :3

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Why did we add g13-g15?
Why did we add mats to make these gears?
Why was the npc ''Mat Materials" in a patch before all of these?

Answers:
To give farmers something to do, rather then sit around and do nothing.

None of you even tried the set before judging it.
Your only source of invalid information came from Pwi/Vendetta or any other "un-mathmatical balanced" server.

Im not attacking anyone. I'm stating that before making assumptions everyone should do some research and test before complaining.

The point of all of this was to give players something fun to do. (a project)

Would it be any different then making another custom gear set that reqs rep have the same bonus as we mathematically balanced for the r9 and just rename it to something else?

I see where your coming from r9 did this and that to pwi, yet pwi doesn't focus on balance. EPW does.
Why did we nerf sins? Complaints they were to op. Why did we nerf barbs? Complaints they were to op and lived a long time.

Bottom line moto: Don't judge a book by its cover.
Yes It was removed however in 1.3.6 I'm sure it will be implemented and tested. If it works there then its possible it will come back to epw. rather then sulking up suds over something try it out, see how it goes and then if it doesn't work complaints are looked at.

Offline Bossette

I am impressed at all the insults thrown at the GMs about the new patch, and being older than 15, I was in awe at how 90% of the server talked to the GMs. I'd like to say kudos to the GMs for handling the frustration so well. I was particularity interested in how one player said Aga sucks in capital letters, but when later was told a rollback was going to happen he was all lovey dovey to the GMs.

I came from a server that did not have R9, and even if it did, we would still have to farm the rep or buy thousands of dollars worth of cubi to get 300k rep unlike the PWI server. We also did not have the morali order patch. Needless to say Ninjas, Sky, Aga, there are some that hugely appreciate what there is to do here and are still in shock there are such active GMs (private server or not).

So after the countless hours of working on this patch for nothing now due to sadly over emotional young teenagers, I wanted to say thank you. (I love the mix of the patch..and off topic :)

Offline luvyoshiluv

I agree with everything Scylla said...

(off topic) Whatever happened to the little chat box thing we use to have on the site o.o?

Offline tragedy

Wait..a rollback? Why? How long are you rolling the server back? -_-
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline siricouture

Did ANY of you looked at the stats and compared them to Dragan? Did ANY of you looked at how many attack and defense levels psys, sins, barbs, had before this patch? Did ANY of you find out how many attack and defense levels you would've gotten with the ranks? Did ANY of you calculated the cost of what this server's R9 would've cost? Did ANY of you looked and saw that Attack and Defense levels were giving to both Demonic AND Dragon gear? OH wait I forget, QQ'rs sit and rage. Morons.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't have Rank 9 on PWI, and I"m never gonna get it. THIS ISN'T PWI. Did we forget that too?? I see people in Primal gear kicking a Full Dragon's ass because they can play their character better. I'm pretty sure those that stay in Dragon can kick a Rank 9's ass. Okay so MAYBE rank 9 is a little too hard to get, but it's still 15648674684786486x BETTER then paying $5,000 dollars on regular PWI to get Rank 9 Reforge.

Okay so Attack and Defense levels are more noticeable now but hey at least we wont' have people like sean_ . Those that played on Dreamweaver server, there was a sin who was known to be one of the few people to have the highest attack levels on that server. Do you want to know how many he had?? You sure?? 175 attack levels. Oh here's the best part, it was only Rank 9. Rank 9 reforge would've given him 200 attack levels, if not more. Here's some good news: THERE'S NO WAY TO GET THAT ON EPW. Maybe next time something new is added to be tested, do a little research before QQing. Morons.
(anyone who is allowed to edit my post or remove you have my permission to)

I personally do feel that maybe before doing something super big like this, slowly expose us to it first. A little on this patch a little on that patch so it's not as overwhelming for the others and MAYBE they will look into this stuff BEFORE QQing.

Offline Flocka

• YachtKlub
  • ARGONAUTIX
Did ANY of you looked at the stats and compared them to Dragan? Did ANY of you looked at how many attack and defense levels psys, sins, barbs, had before this patch? Did ANY of you find out how many attack and defense levels you would've gotten with the ranks? Did ANY of you calculated the cost of what this server's R9 would've cost? Did ANY of you looked and saw that Attack and Defense levels were giving to both Demonic AND Dragon gear? OH wait I forget, QQ'rs sit and rage. Morons.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't have Rank 9 on PWI, and I"m never gonna get it. THIS ISN'T PWI. Did we forget that too?? I see people in Primal gear kicking a Full Dragon's ass because they can play their character better. I'm pretty sure those that stay in Dragon can kick a Rank 9's ass. Okay so MAYBE rank 9 is a little too hard to get, but it's still 15648674684786486x BETTER then paying $5,000 dollars on regular PWI to get Rank 9 Reforge.

Okay so Attack and Defense levels are more noticeable now but hey at least we wont' have people like sean_ . Those that played on Dreamweaver server, there was a sin who was known to be one of the few people to have the highest attack levels on that server. Do you want to know how many he had?? You sure?? 175 attack levels. Oh here's the best part, it was only Rank 9. Rank 9 reforge would've given him 200 attack levels, if not more. Here's some good news: THERE'S NO WAY TO GET THAT ON EPW. Maybe next time something new is added to be tested, do a little research before QQing. Morons.

I personally do feel that maybe before doing something super big like this, slowly expose us to it first. A little on this patch a little on that patch so it's not as overwhelming for the others and MAYBE they will look into this stuff BEFORE QQing.

+1

Some people don't even know what R9 is and still QQ lul
Blueberry crossed with White Widow. Covered head to toe in crystals and hairs, and smells very strongly like a freshly baked blueberry muffin (with a hint of skunk :smiley: ). Definitely in the top 5 smokes I've ever had, a bong rip or two will have even the most seasoned toker feel like he's on Mars.

Offline coldfire

• sexy as hell and cool as ice! ;)
why don't you make G19 items instead of that G15??????
 :(

Offline catgod

anyone else having a problem with updating? my version keeps saying unknown and when i put in the most recent version i have it remains the same :\

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player

with jonas blessing, right? (just q)

i dont got, so r8 recast why worth if here have r9?

(overall with r9 interval class dont have more interval right?)
Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012, 02:19 am by shadowvzs
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
with jonas blessing, right? (just q)

r9 is giving up interval for dph (zerk) r9 was removed. r8 recast = dragon gear equivalent. r9 was balanced out though and if people didn't notice Dragon was modded aswell to be able to compete against r9. Everyone just jumped to the conclusion that they wouldn't be able to afford it and it would just be so bad. meh shrug. no1 even had it and people's complaints ruined ideas that could benefit the server. oh well.

Before replying with: Pwi this Vendetta that. We are Not PWI or Vendetta. Comparing us to such is an insult on your part as you make up the community in which you play. But the way players handled themselves during this little patch was rather uncalled for and will not happen the next time. Complaints should be handled civil, not in the way things were handled here today by some un-named players.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
anyone else having a problem with updating? my version keeps saying unknown and when i put in the most recent version i have it remains the same :\
just restart your PC and start auto patching again

Because r9 would take 4x more time to get..

The idea of r9 was: bigger hits and defense, but slower cast and smaller crit, also to introduce more variety..  It was a bit better than dragon gear, it's true, but it had to be better, if we look at the effort required to obtain it..  R9 was introduced to give people something to do and aim for.. So at end game, there wouldn't be only PK.. Unfortunately people don't seem to like word 'r9', so even if gear was worse than dragon gear, it would be probably revoked.