Epic Perfect World

Poll

Do you agree that server time should be moved back 2 hours?

Yes, Explain why below.
No, Explain why below.
Yes, but I would like to see another time, Explain below.

Player Opinion - Server Time

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I wouldn't mind this shift BUT I think you're overestimating the benefit a lot.

If TW starts at 3 am it means you'd have to be there at 2am - 2:30 am to get prepared. TW then lasts up to three hours making it essentially 2-6 am.  Now for the timezones that are currently 6am - 8 am it's probably help. For australia it won't matter all that much because the time is still inconvenient & the same goes for a large part of asia. If for america it's currently at 12-2 putting it at 2-4 will still cause the same issues.
Not to mention for those who also have TW's in PWI (Which is quite a few people) longer TW's here would interfere with those if it's rescheduled.  Just a few points to keep in mind :)

Offline buschkatze

still good, my time is servertime  +1 atm, so with this 2 hours we have a bit time to do something else before TW and after dinner :P

Offline arielgenius

My opinion about Epic PWI is : I have playing Pwi International and Dragon Blue and now i can say: "This is the Best server who i have seen ever! I am very happy for finding yours! Yours, all GM , have my all 10 stars for yours work! Keep going to remain Number one in the world! Good job everyone!"
P.M.- i have one propose from yours. Please make x2 drop's sometime to time.
With my respect and consideration, Arielgenius.

Offline Ste_

I wouldn't mind this shift BUT I think you're overestimating the benefit a lot.

If TW starts at 3 am it means you'd have to be there at 2am - 2:30 am to get prepared. TW then lasts up to three hours making it essentially 2-6 am.  Now for the timezones that are currently 6am - 8 am it's probably help. For australia it won't matter all that much because the time is still inconvenient & the same goes for a large part of asia. If for america it's currently at 12-2 putting it at 2-4 will still cause the same issues.
Not to mention for those who also have TW's in PWI (Which is quite a few people) longer TW's here would interfere with those if it's rescheduled.  Just a few points to keep in mind :)

Now you mention this, I think the setback of 2hours is gonna intervene with ALOT of TW's on pwi (if they play both servers) But what you gotta remember is, this goes of the Majority of the community, so the Majority vote wins if you ask me. Myself, I dont play PWI no more since its PAY 2 WIN. Here, everyone is balanced (If they know their class) So all the Admins/GM's are thinking of is a better time for TW's for the 'Majority' whether players play both servers or not, this server isnt around to go around other servers TW's thats what makes this server different and thats the aim of it. just my 2cents on that matter :o

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
Now you mention this, I think the setback of 2hours is gonna intervene with ALOT of TW's on pwi (if they play both servers) But what you gotta remember is, this goes of the Majority of the community, so the Majority vote wins if you ask me. Myself, I dont play PWI no more since its PAY 2 WIN. Here, everyone is balanced (If they know their class) So all the Admins/GM's are thinking of is a better time for TW's for the 'Majority' whether players play both servers or not, this server isnt around to go around other servers TW's thats what makes this server different and thats the aim of it. just my 2cents on that matter :o

+10

Have to agree with this. Why should this server cater towards people who play both servers? I believe a majority of us left PWI. Whether you still play it and Epic is your decision and opinion.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

At the current moment in time a push back wouldn't make much a difference for me, but I'm sure many would like it, and possibly have many more players attend TWs.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 12:20 pm by Skilverlight

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Jup like I said I wouldn't mind it, but I do think the original post is a bit optimistic in terms of the gains :P

Offline bsqd2006

I hope GMs can add more times to play TW : 8 a.m and 8 p.m. So more players in all places in the world can play TW

Offline Wolfgang

The server works just fine with this server time so i dont see why to change it :)

Wolfgang - 150 Barb
RazviArch - 150 Arch
HolyGod - 150 Wiz
Few others xD

ladynord

For me it's ok if you change it, would be 11pm instead of 9pm for me so no big deal :) And the more people there are the more fun it is  ;D

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
As someone well said here, PWI is "F2FA - P2P"
(Free 2 Fool Around - Pay 2 Play") and I don't play it any more.
Not because of payment itself but because of too high price,
and because you never know what you paid for.

For me sounds logical and less "complicated" to keep server
time at its local time.

But the clock autoupdate can simply be solved by setting GMT-2
in computer's time zone setting.

My ingame wife has IRL things to do and she's often unable to come
to TW on time. Moving server time to 2 hours later would help her alot.
And help me to have her by my side.
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 03:09 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
yea, that'd be more convinient for me,

am in australia, atm tw for me is at 5amish ,, nd i gta stay up from 3am atleast to start preping for TW, forcing me toactually stay up till 3 and well the whole night for that matter x.x,  if it got pushed 2 hours, i can actually sleep till 5, and then start prepping..

wuld be more convinient xD

soo votes Yes for me.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline crimsonrose

yea, that'd be more convinient for me,

am in australia, atm tw for me is at 5amish ,, nd i gta stay up from 3am atleast to start preping for TW, forcing me toactually stay up till 3 and well the whole night for that matter x.x,  if it got pushed 2 hours, i can actually sleep till 5, and then start prepping..

wuld be more convinient xD

soo votes Yes for me.

...* and* got or gotta* at least* prepping* to actually* would*

someone was very sleepy when they wrote this XD

yes from me cuz i LOVE sleeping in on weekends and now i can do that ^w^

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I hope GMs can add more times to play TW : 8 a.m and 8 p.m. So more players in all places in the world can play TW

Cant do it, hence the servertime change

The server works just fine with this server time so i dont see why to change it :)

Works fine for some people, for me if I have to be awake to chase someone up at tw time, im waking up at 4am, waking up at 6am would be amazing.

Why even bother with this? I mean, if the server is set to GMT have the time as GMT! Why should we in Europe walk after "big brother" baton/lead (yes, I know I will make many angry now) but it is time that they follow us..

You realise that it would still be most beneficial to europe right? It would still be a european server, but it would mean everything would be easier on almost everyone else.

PWI Server time is much later than EPW server time, how would the tw conflict? (Also I agree that we shouldnt cater to pwi players more than epw players)
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 11:43 pm by Ninja
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline synsong

• Nachos....
Personally I don't really mind what time TW comes out to be. The push would help some but hurt others, so I think the end results will still be the same. However I think it would be cool if Aga or someone put a little clock on the main page saying what the server time is....it would be convenient.
i realy wish tw was from 4pm-6pm since thats when im out of school