Psychic Gear/PvP guide by Mentalista - Remastered

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Demon is much worse lmao.
Amazing.

Offline Rair

• Characters: Rair | Teiden | Shiredo (DANT3)
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Looked through some parts of mentalista's post and I'll say this: fight vs sins in mass pk, like 30v30, you'll see how much better psy is than sins. Trying to 1v1 sins which are made for 1v1s is stupid as hell. Use that genie of yours in mass pk and you'll get killed 123.
The cute 'empire' hit a new dirt low level :D

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Heavy armour psy or no psy. :police:

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
even worse psy talking

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Dude everything here you say make a no sense, do you think only that 3-5k magic atk is difference ? look at atk lvl points, i can basicaly get 125 atk lvl , i am also with 35-40% base crit, which trust me but my dmg is 2x higher then urs, and as all can see in my videos-"when i play serious" i can stay alive for an hour, and kill 500 in same time- psychic is "Damage Dealer" class, and " Support" sometimes, NOT a TANK class, and about the "Sins and Archers Auto Attacks" thats all they do dude, unless they are not CT Ea or dph Sin, if no they just spamm stuns and auto attacks, and trust me i still can counter their attacks very well and even with my full attack/crit/magic gear i dun have problems with dyin. BUT ANYWAY, I RATHER DIE 10 TIMES, BUT TO KILL 50, INSTEAD OF DIE 5 TIMES- BUT KILL NONE ;)

U are saying non sense things, u got no numbers.U are forgoting that we are compairing things with the same gears, i suppose u would say that, u can reach 125 atk lv, WITH rune+bless box, well i can do that too and i reach 119 atk lv oww, 6 less than your OP 125, the true here is i hit close that a full magic psy do, but with 50% more survavibility, so in the time u are holy pathing to save the lifr far away from the battle, im inside the fight killing ppl, with my dmg 15% lower than your.THOSE THINGS ARE NUMBERS!

My damage log collection NEW

-Oxymoronic

Animassacre has a point. If I had to build my own psy I'd probably build it full atk lvl / crit cuz let's face it. You're a psy. You're gonna die anyway. Even through white voodoo. It'll help you survive a bit longer sure but you're still gonna die. Let's face it. As he said, it's better to die 10 times and take out 50 people than to die 10 times and kill noone.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Animassacre has a point. If I had to build my own psy I'd probably build it full atk lvl / crit cuz let's face it. You're a psy. You're gonna die anyway. Even through white voodoo. It'll help you survive a bit longer sure but you're still gonna die. Let's face it. As he said, it's better to die 10 times and take out 50 people than to die 10 times and kill noone.

This doesnt exist, i probably kill more than him, only by the fact that im more time inside the fight than u and hitting 15% less, do the calcs...

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
This doesnt exist, i probably kill more than him, only by the fact that im more time inside the fight than u and hitting 15% less, do the calcs...
Yes I agree, you are better.
No, theres all point, u are saying things like i hit low, that im paper, with no numbers basement, as i told, i hit 15% less than a psychic with 85 magic atk base, my friend and your frend too TOBLERONE, we did comparisons hitting the same mob, the same player, and it was ~11k~ dmg from me with 112 ATK LV + 75k Magic Atk, and ~13k~ from him with 110 ATK LV+ 85k Magic Atk, at the same target that were a sin, and the same skill that were Spirit Blast, but in the other side, i got 51% Reduce Physical Damage Taken and him 22% if i remember well, so those things are numbers that i tested, im not saying things like 1+1 = 2 because i like, im saying 1+1 = 2 because 1 = x1,0 +y 1,0 = 2, well so i challenge u for a Log duel, we hit the same player, theni get my venon to atk u and me with my pet, to check our defenses, while the atk of a pet is FIX, so basically, i still need some 2 pair of engraves what gonna make me stay with 77k magic atk base, using my magic tome ima go reach 80k magic atk+43% reduce phy dmg taken yet, but i prefer the vit tome so i keep with 77k, if i remember well u got 6 atk lv more than me and 3k~4k more magic atk as i saw your stats, so u are saying that u with 78k magic atk can 1 shot people, and i cant with 75k?  :-\ So the difference by a hard dmg and a low dmg is 3k magic atk '-' as u told.

Well again i challenge u for a log duel so we put all numbers here to ppl see, ofc i already did it with a full fully magic psy that is TOBLERONE that got 85k magic atk, but i can do with u that got 78k too no problem, but by the logic the difference of our dmg will be even less than is compairing to TOBLERONE.

And yes my weakness is "factor R8 aps", AS IT IS OF ALL PSYS, i can kill most, but those who can lock me hard i cant like Yangster, Robbert, but well i got expel genie too, as its useless agaisnt Yangster that is my base aps sin, so i need try something different, agaisnt DPH and those things, i just OP.

And yeah u told about survavibility, what means holy path, expel, shroud, psy will all shets that we can do, so basically this is a mode where u "panic" 24/7, as u cant resist simple "auto attacks" from archers, sins, etc that force u to use AD, expel, and burn your genie, and let u in a situation where that if u be catched again with cooldowns u die, so TO ME and TO MOST, this dont worth, think about that, "WHY THE FK WE NEED TO CAMP IMUNE PHYSICAL SKILL 24/7 TO DONT DIE TO SIMPLE THINGS LIKE AUTO-ATTACK FROM OTHER CLASSES", think about that and u gonna see the things with my eyes.
You forgot about the variances in the damage that you guys dealt. Your damage was determined by a range of values [a,b] + damage modifier (%) from skill + fixed value from skill. All these things add to the variance of your final damage output, not to mention there are attack levels and critical hits which complicate the calculation to a further level. So, you cannot form your conclusion based on 1 attack. You need to repeat the experiment significantly many times in order to get a more accurate result. I believe that having a 10k difference in the max attack limit would make a way bigger difference in the final output on average. rather than the 2k difference as you mentioned. The other psy could probably have dealt a damage that is somewhat happened to be at his lower attack limit; and you could probably have hit a damage which is somewhat happened near your max attack limit. You need to consider all these things when trying to make a conclusion.   

slpstrm17

There is no point in defense gear, since if you remmber at west i killed you with Robb's sin even in white vodoo,and
ur 150dex genie with which you spamm wind shield like nerd, about mass pk- there is simple thing called pure attack, since even if 6 archer atk you in the same time, you still get hiero bug even with pure defense gears, so there is no point of it. Now in pure attack level gear, yes you die much thats true, thats why there is 1 word/ 1 thing called "SURVIVABILITY" as you all know, psychics have many immune skills,genies, pills and Etc.All what i mean is, even with full defense gears you drop like paper-but your dmg is low as fck, while with pure attack level gears- you still drop like paper , but you hit like a beast, When you learn how to use ur immunes, and ur genie's skills at right moments, you won't have problems with dying........my point is psychic with defense gears is crap, Psychic was created to wreck his enemy, not to tank bro, if you want to tank make wr or barb...Oh and almost was about to forget, Yes i agree with you that sage psy is better for 1v1/mass pks. Thats all. Thanks
+1 Pand he is my idol  :police:

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran

top psy talkin' all bow down  :police:

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
You are good.

+1 to what Anima said btw.  Defense psy is pointless.  Our survivability comes from resists skills and genie.  When you build your psy based on defense, you just become a walking target.  When you build a psy for pure damage, you become a threat.  Sometimes the best defense you have is a dead enemy.  If you don't want people to hit you hard, hit them harder and watch them run away ;)
I'm basically 40

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Or we could all be trolls like me and have two sets of everything. I hardly ever use white in mass, but depending on what my pt is like and how much I trust my eps, I will go from full defensive mode in black or full attack mode in black or anywhere in between.

Psychics have no one way of playing. The whole class is personal preference.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
 i dont know what all this thread about and i didnt even read what is why when how and what for this guide

but ... if u wanna get good at whatever class u want .. dont follow other's ways to win

creat ur own ways

and the only way for that is
in order to learn ur skill and class well you have to practice 1vs1 lot of times
in order to learn to high survival rate join mass pks
in order to be #1 pw player . dont fair ur enemy
and the last thing if you wanna get name .. make youtube account get fraps record mass pvp and 1vs1 against ego based players ( this players act god in world chat etc.. fight them win against them = you good )

nobody can teach u things more than ur own brains

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
psyking saved all psychics from being noob, be thankful