Epic Perfect World

Why cant we have more custom pve instances?

Offline Sylar

• Sylar
  • "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
  • Characters: SYLAR,SMITE,Scram
  • Faction: Unleashed
while 3-3 is nice for farming it gets a little old doing the same instance over and over again. i know we have the NH instances but this is a pserver and it should have custom pve instances for lvl 150 ppl for something extra to do instead of being so repetitive. ive played other pservers and they had custom instances that were rly fun. quest mobs that werent just a 1 shot and done kind of thing, that actually takes skill to kill them and takes time to do the quest/instances instead of just running thro killing everything in a few hits and straight to the boss as fast as possible kill the boss then its over in less than 5 minutes.... no wonder so many ppl are bored all the time. i know alot of ppl pk in their spare time but there are alot of ppl that dont like pk and would rather play pve questing / instances. plz give this some consideration, ive been playing this server for 3 years and its rly starting to get too repetitive... kinda like this post has now lol. thx for your time :)

XxChrisxX211

Not a bad idea! Id love to see more custom PvE instances for farming EC, coin etc.. As of now I don't have the computer to actually PvP otherwise I would so 95% of my spare time is used during PvE or Farming.. Just yesterday I did 4 Runs of 2-3 and got incredibly bored..Needless to say i got a bunch of EC.. But something new and refreshing would be interesting and refreshing. (I don't know why but I can't solo 3-3 :( )

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
we got enough pve instance,  we dont need more,  this is a pvp server , is not PWI
-99999999 to this

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
No more pve please -1

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
we got enough pve instance,  we dont need more,  this is a pvp server , is not PWI
-99999999 to this

Actually, it's both. It's not advertised as a purely PVP server.
It's what makes us so popular, we cater to both.

As for the suggestion, custom instances take a lot of time and a lot of work.
Not only to smooth out bugs, but to make it 'abuse-proof' so we don't see a flood in the market for EC.

There are also other reasons which Aga pointed out here:

Answering the OPs request, there is tons on PvE here already, almost everything has been adjusted with difficulty and rewards. New Horizons patch added 3 new end-game instances, tons of customized quests and content.
I really could list every instance or activity you could do (I bet this would be over 30 options), but I will simply write that adding another farming instance is pointless in my opinion. Why? Twilight Temple was made purely as an EC farming instance. If I added another instance (for example revamped FB 69), it would all come to the question:
Would this instance be more or less profitable than TT? If yes, people would drop TT and move to new instance. If not, people would sill stick with TT and new instance would be empty.

I always enjoy new custom content and I'm a PVE person myself, however at this point in time, I don't think developing a new EC instance is a good idea.
Too much time and effort when we already have several custom EC farming methods (TT, NS & Shrine), as well as TT being barely 6 months old.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Echooo♧

• Old Player
  • Characters: ♣StormBringer♣
pwe is already too much in this server ;D if want more pwe go to PWI ;D

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime
Pve is fine like it is right now no reason to change it

Offline Sylar

• Sylar
  • "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
  • Characters: SYLAR,SMITE,Scram
  • Faction: Unleashed
Actually, it's both. It's not advertised as a purely PVP server.
It's what makes us so popular, we cater to both.

As for the suggestion, custom instances take a lot of time and a lot of work.
Not only to smooth out bugs, but to make it 'abuse-proof' so we don't see a flood in the market for EC.

There are also other reasons which Aga pointed out here:

I always enjoy new custom content and I'm a PVE person myself, however at this point in time, I don't think developing a new EC instance is a good idea.
Too much time and effort when we already have several custom EC farming methods (TT, NS & Shrine), as well as TT being barely 6 months old.
im not saying the rewards have to be EC... if you also made custom gear it could be like for farming mats or something for them.... or other kinds of rewards ... doesnt have to be for ec farming.

Offline ܣᏁᎧᏉܣ

• The Author
  • They are not strong, you are just too weak...
  • Characters: Fadlazzz
[shadow=red,left]-1, it will greatly affect the current economy we have. [/shadow]

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member

im not saying the rewards have to be EC... if you also made custom gear it could be like for farming mats or something for them.... or other kinds of rewards ... doesnt have to be for ec farming.

Custom gear is a bad idea imo.
Would change the entire dynamic of the server.
It couldn't be better than R8 as it would change the entire server and we aren't really in need of an entire gear revamp.
It would kill PVP in the mean time, cause a lot of outrage etc.
If it was worse than R8, there would be no point.
Not to mention all our gear from 110 to 150 is all custom and able to be farmed in a variety of ways,
so I don't see the need of adding in yet another set.

Plus it would require even more work than an EC instance.
Creating the gear, ensuring balance, creating or renovating one of the existing instances
(most of which are in use, only FB69 down isn't used I believe),
making the instance worthwhile, creating a whole scheme of mats.
You get the idea.

Sorry hun, I don't mean to shoot your ideas down.
I'm just explaining our course of thinking when it comes to suggestions.
There is a lot to be considered.

The only alternative option that may possibly be viable would be a method of farming some sort of custom cosmetic content,
such as weap skins, fash, pets, mounts, flyers etc.
Which isn't too bad an idea but again, requires a lot of work in creating the method of farming as well as the content to be farmed..

Sorry :c

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
Custom gear is a bad idea imo.
Would change the entire dynamic of the server.
It couldn't be better than R8 as it would change the entire server and we aren't really in need of an entire gear revamp.
It would kill PVP in the mean time, cause a lot of outrage etc.
If it was worse than R8, there would be no point.
Not to mention all our gear from 110 to 150 is all custom and able to be farmed in a variety of ways,
so I don't see the need of adding in yet another set.

Plus it would require even more work than an EC instance.
Creating the gear, ensuring balance, creating or renovating one of the existing instances
(most of which are in use, only FB69 down isn't used I believe),
making the instance worthwhile, creating a whole scheme of mats.
You get the idea.

Sorry hun, I don't mean to shoot your ideas down.
I'm just explaining our course of thinking when it comes to suggestions.
There is a lot to be considered.

The only alternative option that may possibly be viable would be a method of farming some sort of custom cosmetic content,
such as weap skins, fash, pets, mounts, flyers etc.
Which isn't too bad an idea but again, requires a lot of work in creating the method of farming as well as the content to be farmed..

Sorry :c
And what is your thought on people who have spent an extraordinary amount of damas, which they may have acquired through both farming and donating? I'm talking about people who have tried and tried for 1 particular stat, for example 3x int. I know people who have gotten it within 1k EC, while others spent over 90k damas trying to get it (and still haven't). Try to think that through. 90k damas (or more)...is that fair? Whether they are 2x int chests, 3x dex bracers, 3x int bracers and the like, they all require luck to get. Obviously a GM wouldn't have imagined such figures as they probably haven't farmed that much and (this is a guess, but...) they probably never got great gear as players anyway and so, don't understand the frustration. I have another friend who's been farming morai on about 200+ accounts each week, along with Ares for 3 months...he still hasn't got that 1 set of stats.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
And what is your thought on people who have spent an extraordinary amount of damas, which they may have acquired through both farming and donating? I'm talking about people who have tried and tried for 1 particular stat, for example 3x int. I know people who have gotten it within 1k EC, while others spent over 90k damas trying to get it (and still haven't). Try to think that through. 90k damas (or more)...is that fair? Whether they are 2x int chests, 3x dex bracers, 3x int bracers and the like, they all require luck to get. Obviously a GM wouldn't have imagined such figures as they probably haven't farmed that much and (this is a guess, but...) they probably never got great gear as players anyway and so, don't understand the frustration. I have another friend who's been farming morai on about 200+ accounts each week, along with Ares for 3 months...he still hasn't got that 1 set of stats.

My thought is that it is completely unrelated to this thread and that if you have a question or concern, please use the helpdesk or create a seperate thread.

However, you are wrong to assume that we haven't imagined as such.
We were all players before we were GMs and there is no basis to the notion that we didn't farm or didn't have good gear
or didn't work the same as everyone else or that we don't understand the frustration.
We can't foresee that we are gonna be GMs, so our time as players is completely and utterly separate.

I'd also like to point out that the gear stats you are aiming for is not essential to gameplay and that ofc the better gear is always going to be harder to get.

However, this is offtopic. Please create another thread or use the helpdesk.

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
My thought is that it is completely unrelated to this thread and that if you have a question or concern, please use the helpdesk or create a seperate thread.

However, you are wrong to assume that we haven't imagined as such.
We were all players before we were GMs and there is no basis to the notion that we didn't farm or didn't have good gear
or didn't work the same as everyone else or that we don't understand the frustration.
We can't foresee that we are gonna be GMs, so our time as players is completely and utterly separate.

I'd also like to point out that the gear stats you are aiming for is not essential to gameplay and that ofc the better gear is always going to be harder to get.

However, this is offtopic. Please create another thread or use the helpdesk.
How is it unrelated...most people here PvE to get good gear for PvP.

Offline SeemsLegit

How is it unrelated...most people here PvE to get good gear for PvP.
Areashiii, it's unrelated to the thread because the original poster asked a question about "Custom PvE Instances" not the chances of getting a stat on certain gear.
Grim - barb
SeemsLegit - bm

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
EPW Economy isn't exactly great at the moment. I know quite a few loopholes in it.