Epic Perfect World

Kill message while PKing

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
It would be cool actually, but there's the very few situations where it would become useless and something to create QQ.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
You guys have created this "ego world" in your mind, please consider this is just a virtual game. I personally do not see any problem with this message appearing in chats. It makes PK more attractive and will definitely encourage PK. Those who got this "ego complex" and just think of a way to misuse different features of the game to bully or troll someone should get banned.

if its not for ego boost then why do you want it?
you see the other person died = you do know who won the 1v1 - so why have it as a msg in common chat if it isnt for ego reasons?

Offline Hue

So what if he wants to boost his ego? Does it affect you in any way? No. 

-1 to the suggestion though, but not because "it would boost egos" but because it'd cause unnecessary spam.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
So what if he wants to boost his ego? Does it affect you in any way? No. 

-1 to the suggestion though, but not because "it would boost egos" but because it'd cause unnecessary spam.

i simply wanted to know f there are any other reasons to add this feature.

I do not consider ego boosting necassary nor think it is needed. but maybe the person that made this thread had something else in mind, maybe something that would make it worth the time it would take to put it in the game if it would even be possible?

TheRealKiller

So ... when you need an ego boost after finally winning one of those 1v1 you do all the time  >:D?

:normal-47:

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
I'd be accused of a new method of spamming, +1.

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

scatterer3

The message appears when someone kills someone else. Since it's you Steroids... in mass PK, if three people are hitting one, the killing blow or last damage that caused the kill will count and appear as a message with the name of the gamer that did the damage "... has defeated ..." the gamer who took the damage, respectively died. It would not affect the game in a such negative way, a text saying someone killed someone else can be simply a KS, I'd rage with the damage log, 159k (I will never round it to 160k lol) by Tetai... In the other hand, who are the ones that chat during mass PK? Who are the ones that brag over a kill? I don't know what can be wrong with a small announcement about who killed who. This is actually more transparent.

We had this feature in Knight Online and is still among many MMO's, which is loved and appreciated. Still, only if it's possible to disable it, since some people got "spam phobia" apparently.

scatterer3

bvanharjr

It wouldn't be possible.

Why? One, I think it would start frequent main map crashes from all the spam. Two, ALL the spam isn't good for EPW.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
You guys have created this "ego world" in your mind, please consider this is just a virtual game. I personally do not see any problem with this message appearing in chats. It makes PK more attractive and will definitely encourage PK. Those who got this "ego complex" and just think of a way to misuse different features of the game to bully or troll someone should get banned.

lol I have to agree with you on this statement

having a new set of smilies was denied because people believed it would cause more trolls  :normal-1: which doesn't make any sense

on topic tho I don't really care whether or not this is implemented just as long as there is a way to shut it off

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
The message appears when someone kills someone else. Since it's you Steroids... in mass PK, if three people are hitting one, the killing blow or last damage that caused the kill will count and appear as a message with the name of the gamer that did the damage "... has defeated ..." the gamer who took the damage, respectively died. It would not affect the game in a such negative way, a text saying someone killed someone else can be simply a KS, I'd rage with the damage log, 159k (I will never round it to 160k lol) by Tetai... In the other hand, who are the ones that chat during mass PK? Who are the ones that brag over a kill? I don't know what can be wrong with a small announcement about who killed who. This is actually more transparent.

We had this feature in Knight Online and is still among many MMO's, which is loved and appreciated. Still, only if it's possible to disable it, since some people got "spam phobia" apparently.
I think some people would cry even more on here.

scatterer3

It wouldn't be possible.

Why? One, I think it would start frequent main map crashes from all the spam. Two, ALL the spam isn't good for EPW.

Again, in common/market chat (not world/system) which is visible for people close to the area where the fight is going on, I do not know what the range of common chat is though.

Offline Herr Rev

• Gott mit uns
  • Outcastian
  • Faction: Das reich, Outcasts☆
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL YES IT SAYS VICTORY THEN YOU LOOK BEHIND YOU OH MI GOD THEY SIGGED

scatterer3

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL YES IT SAYS VICTORY THEN YOU LOOK BEHIND YOU OH MI GOD THEY SIGGED

Victory? o_O

Let me change that damn title, gawd.