Epic Perfect World

Hai o/

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Hello people , I got a question! :d
So ... my video card is an ATi HD 3450 with approx. 256 MB @ 64 bit of standard DDR2 memory , but the thing is ,THAT was on windows XP , now I got windows 8.1 pro , and my video card suddently went from 256 Mb to 1020 mb after I upgraded to 4 GB ram , but the bandwidth (9.5 GB/sec ) and GPU Speed ( 600 Mhz ) Memory speed ( 600 MHz ) and everything else remained the same just the memory went to 1Gb ... and I would like to know ( IF anyone knows ) how's that helping ? will it improve performance ? will it make epw run better or smoother ?
Here are the specs :
Ati Radeon HD 3450 ( 3400 Series )
GPU RV620
Technologh 55nm
Transistors 181M
ROP/TMU 4 / 4
Pixel Fillrate 2.4 GPixel/s
Texture Fillrate 2.4GTexel/s
Bus Width 64bit
DirectX 10.1 / SM 4.1
Bandwidth 9.5 GB/s
Memory Size 256MB
GPU clock & Memory clock is 600 Mhz ( 594 MHz )

Windows 8.1 Pro

btw I don't use it for gaming much , I only got epw and Dead Space series , it's perfect for watching movies & TV shows online :D.
Anyway i'll hope i'll get the answer I'm looking for :D. Thanks for reading.

Offline zebedee1

• HoHoHo
Windows Lies, it cannot increase the memory of the Graphics card. Its just a false reading
Show me someone who says they are their own worst critic and I will show you someone who has never asked me what I think of them

Offline Pookie

noD: ............ I tested on windows 7 32bit and 8 and reinstalled 8.1 AGAIN and same thing ._.

Offline Pookie

but but but but

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
The answer lies within your question. Actually you've already highlighted the answer xD

after I upgraded to 4 GB ram

Your graphics card has 256MB of dedicated vRAM, Which is purely set aside for graphics related tasks such as rendering game textures.

Your total available graphics memory, is the Shared memory from the RAM (which you upgraded) utilized by your CPU.  This available memory will vary depending on how much RAM you are using and what's left over to be shared with the graphics card IF IT REALLY NEEDS IT.

It can certainly increase your performance a little, but not so much with that configuration.

If you upgrade your RAM further in the future, this available graphics memory will increase however performance wise this wont beat having more free DEDICATED memory on your gfx card itself.  Nowadays, having atleast 1-2GB dedicated vRAM on your GFX card has almost become a necessity/standard, idk how you still rock that 256MB card x.x
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Pookie

Thank you SHINIGAMI , so I till only use all 1gb only if it will really need it . So all because I upgraded to 4 gb ram ... but the performance will increase only by a bit .... Then ... i'll take my chance and buy a better one >.> there are video cards with 1 gb memory without stealting from my RAM >.>. Thanks for the info  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Pookie

And I still use this card cuz i'm not into gaming much , I'm just on facebook and Skype 90% of the time , and epw if I really got nothing else left to do , dead space rarely , I downloaded cuz I liked the Trailer on you tube :3.But I guess i'll have to upgrade someday , soo ... when I will really need it i'll get a laptop I guess  :police:

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Thank you SHINIGAMI , so I till only use all 1gb only if it will really need it . So all because I upgraded to 4 gb ram ... but the performance will increase only by a bit .... Then ... i'll take my chance and buy a better one >.> there are video cards with 1 gb memory without stealting from my RAM >.>. Thanks for the info  :smiley: :smiley:

You're welcome.

And I still use this card cuz i'm not into gaming much , I'm just on facebook and Skype 90% of the time , and epw if I really got nothing else left to do , dead space rarely , I downloaded cuz I liked the Trailer on you tube :3.But I guess i'll have to upgrade someday , soo ... when I will really need it i'll get a laptop I guess  :police:

yea that's fair enough, if these are the only two games you play you should be fine for now but as this seems like a really old rig, if you ever want to upgrade i'd change the whole setup >.> or yea grab a new Laptop xD

anyways, good luck man.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf