Epic Perfect World

Poll

Do You Think GM's Should Change How Many Event Tokens these are?

Yes, they should change over time
7 (22.6%)
No, people paid high for these and they lose value
13 (41.9%)
I don't care.
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: July 27, 2014, 01:44 am

Dear GM's : Event Fliers / T-Shirts

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
20 ETI will buy that, not 2k tho >;3

sold :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Question, are you going to sell the flights if the price was 30 ET again? No? Then what difference does it make? On games or even life in general, when new things arrive in the market, old items lose value. When NH was new, General Summer was going for 3k or so, now it's 350 - 500 ec.

If you're talking about the fact that they are going to get the items easier than you did, well...in that case, a LOT of things will have to be changed. Because, now, it's easier to get to 150, farm ec, do card-bosses, etc. And I feel the pain. I made both clouds back when it was 30 ET. But things change so it's really no big deal.

Offline Ormin

But things change so it's really no big deal.

Totally agree.

Will you, people, QQ to Samsung for selling Tab 2 now cheaper because Tab 3 is out on the market?
"But I bought it for XXX and now people buy it for YY".

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Market changes, amount of ppl on server changes
Be4, event tokens were tradeble aswell so geting the flights was easier, as a 1st point
2nd, be4, there were 50% of the ppl that are now on server so less flights required, now, with the ppl increase, the amount of event tokens that are coming from events and stuff isn't enough to satisfy the amount of ppl that need the flights
So, some, 'un-edited' or 'less-worked' flights were added to the normal forge for a price of 450 ec(considering that gold is 30 ec) making them decently price'd.
Now, let's go to the event tokens ones that got their price decreased, well, prices for them are same high as they were in ec, so u can just sell, and gather LESS event tokens, and make them, if ur problem is that u spent 30 and u get them for 15 now, be happy, you can get for alts and friends for less c;
Now, with the evolution of economy prices will change aswell as for the prices in npc's in order to maintain the happy environment for all, so, these changes were made in order to make every1 happy. Well, i am happy cause i managed to buy some flights i never wanted to buy just to see how they look, then sell them to ppl cause i don't like them. It's just a way for ppl to see how they look and not waste a lot of ec, aswell for pve'ers that can't really get ec, to get their flights faster, easier.

All this basically ^ We have been over this before.

Items depreciate in value over time. This doesn't just happen in game, it happens in any kind of economy.
When new stuff comes out, the old stuff won't retain its value as the interest in the item also decreases.

As people have said, when you buy a car, and a newer model comes out, they aren't going to sell the old model as the same price as the new one, nor will it retain its initial value.
When you buy a shirt and a new one comes in, your old shirt isn't gonna be worth the same as it once was.
When you have the iPhone 4s and the iPhone 5 comes out, do you expect the iPhone 4s to still be sold for the same price? I doubt it.

It's the way an economy works.

Also keep in mind that these are fictional items from a game with no real worth, so complaining over the price is hardly worth the time.

As Seby said, be grateful that these items have gone down in price to make the more attainable for your alts, friends, new people etc.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

-Oxymoronic

Lol baddie GMs, need change cloud price back to 7 event tokens like they once were.  ???

Offline Drive

• 🌙
I actually feel the same way about the weapon reskins that were weapon token only going for 105k now.  I spent 750 EC's only for the skin to be NPC fodder after? BLAHHHH.

I wonder if they do it on account of popularity.  If something's less popular in a store, for example, they mark it down to get rid of it faster.  Maybe the lower prices is to encourage folks to farm ET's to get the older fliers.  By this logic however, the newer ones should've been a little more in price.

Then again, people will just OP the new stuff anyways.
Totally agree!
Those weapon reskins tokens required to make the event weapon fashions were going for 1k ec when they came out.
Kinda unfair to the ppls who bought it,but meh. :-[

Online Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
You should remember how many Event Tokens Clouds were before.
15 ET.
So.... After a few weeks I think of 15 ET each getting to 30 ET wasn't nice for most people.
I was actually glad they decreased to 20 ET.

Edit:
As Night said, after a while stuff aren't worth the original price anymore.
Like cars, phones, houses. o.o All stuff.
I understand your point, with the Reskin Token Weapon Fash that went from 750ec to 105k coins its rly stupid...
Also with the flies, maybe clouds not because people keep buying them, but other flies everyone gets bored at some point.
I changed my fly on all my alts million times by now.
Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:42 pm by Elyღ

Offline Blastoise

• One with the wind
  • Characters: DoggieStylzs
lol you voted yes; you should have said no  :-[
oh wow damnit I didn't realize I voted yes lol well my vote means no

cevans1290

As Seby said, be grateful that these items have gone down in price to make the more attainable for your alts, friends, new people etc.
I do not make the stuff usually, I buy it. So it is not 'more attainable' by any means. If its 5 ET shirt, just go to WC > WTB>300ST/5ET For 1200 EC. I get 30 pms, and I tell them I have offer of 1.2k, and then gets it lowered to 700ish.

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Why prices have been lowered:
- to increase availability of these "event items" for people, to let everyone have chance to acquire these things
- because new flights etc. were no longer new and new things got added
- because some stuff was simply overpriced
- to "standardize" prices, some things were more expensive than others without exact reason

There are no plans for any further price decrease after this "major discount'. It happened and guys need to deal with it.   :normal-20: