Epic Perfect World

Damage Talk

Vegas

Here's a better question to help understand damage efficiency of this game:
Is DPH more effective than APS?

Overall, the best representative of DPH class is wizard; and demon sin for APS class.
Now you may ask, which one of them kills more efficiently (assuming end-game gears).
It's really about different play style. Of course, in terms of DoT, APS outperforms DPH, but really you don't need to have a    high DoT to kill someone in this game, unless you are killing a boss or a cata-barb.

So yes, APS might be more efficient than DPH (seeing how popular 5.0 bm and sin was before), but that's only true in PVE. In PvP, things get more complicated and unpredictable, just like you never know when a barb will 1-hit crit-zerk you or a wizard will 1-shot u wil his fire combo.

Psy is probably a better representative of a DPH caster, pretty much every mage runs around with -99 here

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
especially every class have own DPH spell caster dmg., its dpend on ur opponent

-Oxymoronic

Psy is probably a better representative of a DPH caster, pretty much every mage runs around with -99 here

I agree.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
I have archer, 5.0 APS with fists, can't kill a shyt.
Because archers are supposed to use bows not fists to kill their enemies.
Also, high aps doesn't mean you gon kill much with bow, unless you get 5.0 aps with bow itself.
Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:45 am by Xcution

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Just think of it this way, getting the R8 bow in general gives you more flexibility
than the demon bow which is a preset stat selection. While it might cost more it's
ALWAYS more effective. Plus EVEN IF it didn't do more(Which is does), you can adapt
it to what YOU want. With the demon bow you can't. Pretty self-exclamatory which one is better.
Now you have to ask yourself a question: how often you get the exact starts on r8 that you wanted?

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
R8 with atk lvl > Dragon, anytime. Are you guys retarded?

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Usually use the dragon bow in mass for purge but i have hit harder with my r8 bow using the metal combo, spirit does also have to do with this going to hit harder on someone who doesn't have 186 compared to one with 186 spirit as well . Spent alot of ec to get a attack and -int bow it usually helps if im trying to kill a tanky magic class or a psy camping def so not to sure on why this topic was brought up o;
Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:53 pm by Devil Trigger

-Oxymoronic

Are you guys retarded?

I actually wanted to say this but I gotta behave cuz I don't wanna get banned again.  :'(

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Dunno about other archers, but I prefer to kill shit in the least possible arrows. 

My r8 bow does more damage, so I favor that one more.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
So, I've played all classes in here so far, and I've noticed one interesting thing: having more pure damage (especially physical) is in most cases more effective than having more attack levels. So, my question is, am I the only one who noticed that Dragon Bow +12 with 2x +20 stones deals more damage than r8 bow with +24 atk lvls, 2x +dex stones when used by same archer on same target w/ and w/o buffs?

Atk lvl weps will always hit harder than weps without atk lvl(ofc taking both with good stats). Ur idea is wrong, infact   every 1 point of atk lvl MORE THAN ur enemy def will deal 1% more damage, while every 1 point of def lvl MORE THAN ur enemy atk will reduce the damages taken by 1%,
This being said, let's get into this(cuz anyway my antivirus is running so i cant open the game): we stated out that atk lvl weapons deal more damages PER HIT, but this doesnt mean that they r the best choice to get the highest DD during a fight, infact the higer atk/GoF(this is an alternative to atk lvl giving a higher spike damage but a lower average damage tho) is gained at the cost of reducing speed(yes ok, unless you are Broniak or some pinoy with atk lvl x2 intx2 bow), and being slower means landing less debuffs, less self buffs, less CC, and less crit(yes the crit rate is the same but more hits=higher chance to get a crit) and all those elements incide alot on the damage output.
Another thing that players ignore are the bonuses got from the 150 weapons,and mostly think this way:150 weapon=faster and debuff in case of bow; R8 wep=better DD and so on, ignoring the fact that 150 weapons give stats as maximum physical atk, maximum magic atk, crit and so on(all factors in favour to DD).
A very important thing to know is that since the atk and def mechanics  are based on the base damage calculated in %, stronger is the base damage u would land, higher is the difference; lemme kick in an example:if on my wiz i use ct glaive and throw a pyro on a wb it would hit around 15k,while its something like 16,7k with atk weapon, if i do the same experiment with mountain's seize the first hit will be something like 22k,while the one landed with atk weapon can go even at 30k, so the difference isnt 1,7k anymore but now 8k due to the higher base power of mountain's seize.
Anyway in conclusion, this game as all MMORPG isnt something different that a chess game with graphics and % involved, if u think about it u are just clicking buttons or mouse to counter ur foes' moves and waiting for their mistakes while relying on %(debuffs,buffs,crit,proc rates are all based on %), and the player's ability is about optimizing and increasing his % rate gaining time with CC or going in for a nuke DD wishing for a crit, and if ur plan fails, then u gotta kite or anyway stay alive and put u in the conditions again to use ur tactic.
It's what separates a good player from an average or bad one the ability of analizying the situation and deciding what gear,what skill and what genie usage is the one granting the highest % of victory, for example i love using ct glaive in 1v1s with HA classes while alot of wizs just spam quaff and go for atk wep.
Just one last hint:if the damage dealt on the target is anyway high(a wiz vs a str built wb for example) its abit better going for the ct/aps weapon aiming for crits,more chi and higher CC, if the target is taking really low damages, still go for ct/aps one since wont be some atk lvls letting u bypassing and heiroing ur target, and what u need to do in those cases is letting him/her wasting genie and chi, while u r recharging urs, waiting for a good flanking to open his/her defences and make mared in his/her whole family.
No, i didn't forget about the atk lvl weapon lmfao, its usefull on those targets that get average damages and aren't CCing u too much, or in every nuking actions(yes, u can switch 420 weapons in fight, u dont have to just pick one for every fight and camp it lmfao, and IMO the best thing to do is switching between all ur weapons every after every skill if u think that's needed).

Well cya in PK(u'll be for sure dead bro but i can let u taking a SS with me) and to mostly of u all, lez see in the hate in the pms ull send me, it's a game, don't maddered,1'M N0T 4 N3RD BUT 1'M JU$T G0DLY CUZ 1 W4$ B0RN L1K3 TH4T :normal-35: :pig-49: :pig-49: :pig-49: :normal-1: :normal-3: :normal-3: :normal-4: :normal-18: :normal-19: :normal-20: :normal-20: :normal-20: :normal-20:

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Atk lvl weps will always hit harder than weps without atk lvl(ofc taking both with good stats). Ur idea is wrong, infact   every 1 point of atk lvl MORE THAN ur enemy def will deal 1% more damage, while every 1 point of def lvl MORE THAN ur enemy atk will reduce the damages taken by 1%,
This being said, let's get into this(cuz anyway my antivirus is running so i cant open the game): we stated out that atk lvl weapons deal more damages PER HIT, but this doesnt mean that they r the best choice to get the highest DD during a fight, infact the higer atk/GoF(this is an alternative to atk lvl giving a higher spike damage but a lower average damage tho) is gained at the cost of reducing speed(yes ok, unless you are Broniak or some pinoy with atk lvl x2 intx2 bow), and being slower means landing less debuffs, less self buffs, less CC, and less crit(yes the crit rate is the same but more hits=higher chance to get a crit) and all those elements incide alot on the damage output.
Another thing that players ignore are the bonuses got from the 150 weapons,and mostly think this way:150 weapon=faster and debuff in case of bow; R8 wep=better DD and so on, ignoring the fact that 150 weapons give stats as maximum physical atk, maximum magic atk, crit and so on(all factors in favour to DD).
A very important thing to know is that since the atk and def mechanics  are based on the base damage calculated in %, stronger is the base damage u would land, higher is the difference; lemme kick in an example:if on my wiz i use ct glaive and throw a pyro on a wb it would hit around 15k,while its something like 16,7k with atk weapon, if i do the same experiment with mountain's seize the first hit will be something like 22k,while the one landed with atk weapon can go even at 30k, so the difference isnt 1,7k anymore but now 8k due to the higher base power of mountain's seize.
Anyway in conclusion, this game as all MMORPG isnt something different that a chess game with graphics and % involved, if u think about it u are just clicking buttons or mouse to counter ur foes' moves and waiting for their mistakes while relying on %(debuffs,buffs,crit,proc rates are all based on %), and the player's ability is about optimizing and increasing his % rate gaining time with CC or going in for a nuke DD wishing for a crit, and if ur plan fails, then u gotta kite or anyway stay alive and put u in the conditions again to use ur tactic.
It's what separates a good player from an average or bad one the ability of analizying the situation and deciding what gear,what skill and what genie usage is the one granting the highest % of victory, for example i love using ct glaive in 1v1s with HA classes while alot of wizs just spam quaff and go for atk wep.
Just one last hint:if the damage dealt on the target is anyway high(a wiz vs a str built wb for example) its abit better going for the ct/aps weapon aiming for crits,more chi and higher CC, if the target is taking really low damages, still go for ct/aps one since wont be some atk lvls letting u bypassing and heiroing ur target, and what u need to do in those cases is letting him/her wasting genie and chi, while u r recharging urs, waiting for a good flanking to open his/her defences and make mared in his/her whole family.
No, i didn't forget about the atk lvl weapon lmfao, its usefull on those targets that get average damages and aren't CCing u too much, or in every nuking actions(yes, u can switch 420 weapons in fight, u dont have to just pick one for every fight and camp it lmfao, and IMO the best thing to do is switching between all ur weapons every after every skill if u think that's needed).

Well cya in PK(u'll be for sure dead bro but i can let u taking a SS with me) and to mostly of u all, lez see in the hate in the pms ull send me, it's a game, don't maddered,1'M N0T 4 N3RD BUT 1'M JU$T G0DLY CUZ 1 W4$ B0RN L1K3 TH4T :normal-35: :pig-49: :pig-49: :pig-49: :normal-1: :normal-3: :normal-3: :normal-4: :normal-18: :normal-19: :normal-20: :normal-20: :normal-20: :normal-20:

I know perfectly well how atk/def levels work (I spent roughly 6 years in PW now), just saying that even though theoretically R8 bow damage output is higher, it practice I hit more with Dragon bow. For example, with r8 normal atk I on average hit 4500-5200, with dragon I hit anywhere between 5100-5700 (Still lacking WS and few OP endgame items, lul). 
So what I get is higher damage with Dbow. When it comes to CC though r8 is slightly better, but I only got 70% cc, so at the end of the day Dbow usually gives me higher damage than R8. My r8 has 24 atk levels, str, dex and accuracy, but those aint the key stats of the bow itself because they are rather low.

-Oxymoronic

(I spent roughly 6 years in PW now)

6 years and yet you still know nothing. Good job.  ;)

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
When it comes to CC though r8 is slightly better, but I only got 70% cc,

for CC i mean crowd control, not critical chance.
About damages u prolly debuff ur targets and u dont notice, or u dont try on same targets

Vegas

wow im too lazy to read this   :normal-12: