Epic Perfect World

Damage Talk

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
So, I've played all classes in here so far, and I've noticed one interesting thing: having more pure damage (especially physical) is in most cases more effective than having more attack levels. So, my question is, am I the only one who noticed that Dragon Bow +12 with 2x +20 stones deals more damage than r8 bow with +24 atk lvls, 2x +dex stones when used by same archer on same target w/ and w/o buffs?

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
So, I've played all classes in here so far, and I've noticed one interesting thing: having more pure damage (especially physical) is in most cases more effective than having more attack levels. So, my question is, am I the only one who noticed that Dragon Bow +12 with 2x +20 stones deals more damage than r8 bow with +24 atk lvls, 2x +dex stones when used by same archer on same target w/ and w/o buffs?

No, i know how dmg/atk lv works, as i did tests, but i will not share, MUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
No, i know how dmg/atk lv works, as i did tests, but i will not share, MUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.
Lol, I know how they work as well, or at least how they should work.

cevans1290

Lol, I know how they work as well, or at least how they should work.
ignoring atk/def of opponent.. Well, 24 atk lvls is 24% more dmg. But, you lose alot too. SB, int, not to mention base dmg / crit and shit as well. Assassin, R8 daggs only for Dph, and dph..thats not phy looool! so yeah, sin I understand r8 weap. Archer?xd No.

You're Right Xcut

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
idk i deal same damage  on my ea with my dragon bow and r8 bow (22atck lvl)

-Oxymoronic

Actually, he's not right.

The 5.7k was with a 27 atk lvl bow and fully charged take aim. The other one was with a dragon bow and also fully charged take aim. An atk lvl weapon's damage will always be higher than a dragon bow's damage. Atk lvl bow's damage will also always be superior to dragon bow's regardless of your culti / build.

ignoring atk/def of opponent.. Well, 24 atk lvls is 24% more dmg. But, you lose alot too. SB, int, not to mention base dmg / crit and shit as well. Assassin, R8 daggs only for Dph, and dph..thats not phy looool! so yeah, sin I understand r8 weap. Archer?xd No.

You're Right Xcut

You're even more wrong than him lol.

cevans1290

The 5.7k was with a 27 atk lvl bow and fully charged take aim. The other one was with a dragon bow and also fully charged take aim. An atk lvl weapon's damage will always be higher than a dragon bow's damage. Atk lvl bow's damage will also always be superior to dragon bow's regardless of your culti / build.

atk bow can't debuff, its slower for those demons, less crit rate, or no chann for those Xbows - no xbow at all for r8, so lol..

Offline Mr. Rodriguez

• Major in Bending
  • Byte my 8-bit metal as

Maybe you should try and find the average of 1000 take aims since bows and most weapons' damage vary between their minimum and maximum phy/mag attack.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

He's right, rest of you don't even know how this game works L-O-L

atk bow can't debuff, its slower for those demons, less crit rate, or no chann for those Xbows - no xbow at all for r8, so lol..

Shut up, you're wrong, you don't even know anything about this game
Here's a better question to help understand damage efficiency of this game:
Is DPH more effective than APS?

Overall, the best representative of DPH class is wizard; and demon sin for APS class.
Now you may ask, which one of them kills more efficiently (assuming end-game gears).
It's really about different play style. Of course, in terms of DoT, APS outperforms DPH, but really you don't need to have a    high DoT to kill someone in this game, unless you are killing a boss or a cata-barb.

So yes, APS might be more efficient than DPH (seeing how popular 5.0 bm and sin was before), but that's only true in PVE. In PvP, things get more complicated and unpredictable, just like you never know when a barb will 1-hit crit-zerk you or a wizard will 1-shot u wil his fire combo. 

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering

You're Right Xcut

R8 Bow Database link:
I believe the stats are EXACTLY the same possibilities with slight alterations
such as damage and maybe a tad higher atk level's

Just think of it this way, getting the R8 bow in general gives you more flexibility
than the demon bow which is a preset stat selection. While it might cost more it's
ALWAYS more effective. Plus EVEN IF it didn't do more(Which is does), you can adapt
it to what YOU want. With the demon bow you can't. Pretty self-exclamatory which one is better.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline blackfire

I think this link http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=698392 will solve all the problems bout atack levels and their dmg :)
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

Offline Ormin

I have archer, 5.0 APS with fists, can't kill a shyt.

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

The most correct answer on this thread......

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked