Epic Perfect World

Unbalanced

Offline ron112

• Beginner
i've been playing this server for a while and noticed that it tries to focus on balance thats their are no att and def lvl shards. I play this and vendatta and realized that def lvl shards benefit AA classes more then they do HA and LA classes so i can see why you did that, but def lvl shards dont make ppl unkillable aspecially in 1v1s. Another thing i noticed is that there is no benefit to being a AA class in terms of pk. All it takes is for a sin to come out of stealth and asp for seven to ten seconds unsparked and your dead even if your 150. You have to use your genie and pots just to stay alive and you cant use your skills to stop them cause of sage tidal protection. Vit stones and phy def stones dont give the tanking ability AA classes need for pk. I purpose maybe making a temporarily new server just to test out the att and def lvl shards and see how ppl feel about them. i know it maybe asking for too much so i'll just talk about sage tidal protection. It gives them a big advantage in pve and pvp and i'm sure everyone else has noticed it too sence its always a sage sin that wins those 1v1 events you host. the demon/sage psy soul skills cant be learned because they were too op, well sage tidal protection is just as or even more op then a psys soul skills cause the only one for a AA class to avoid not getting kill by a sin with sage tidal protection is to AD, IG or fly/kite. i'm not saying expel/psys will or distant shrink because sins can get around that. Getting rid of sage tidal protection just like how you got rid of the psys demon/sage skills would be one step closer to balancing this server.

ruse

Sin nerf is incoming soon, I believe. There's a list of suggestions and possible solutions here: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=1194.0

What I've noticed with the arcane armor is that the reduce phys damage stat that's on...6 or so pieces of the gear/gear bonus stops being effective after a certain percent. I haven't done the math to figure out exactly what it is, but it ends up being an ineffective stat on at least 4 pieces. I'll have to go find the formula off PWI forums again and work on that. If it were replaced with vit or pdef, arcanes would have more survivability.

Yes, sage tidal is a ridiculously OP skill but I don't think removing it will make that much of a difference or is necessarily a good idea.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Not much I can add to ruse's reply that will be of any more help explaining it.

There are pleanty of 150 AA's who can beat sins, but I do understand the concern, any old sin can take out a good AA without any effort.

'but def lvl shards dont make ppl unkillable aspecially in 1v1s'

118 defence level psychics *shivers*, if thats not enough, imagine every caster, with the same defence as a psy in white, but does the damage of a psy in black (not quite, but thats about what it would be like).
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

ruse

There are plenty of 150 AA's who can beat sins, but I do understand the concern, any old sin can take out a good AA without any effort.

118 defence level psychics *shivers*, if thats not enough, imagine every caster, with the same defence as a psy in white, but does the damage of a psy in black (not quite, but thats about what it would be like).

And with a small amount of effort, they can drop HA's too. ashuashua.

Don't really 1v1 much, but even for mass PK, do agree that defense shards aren't the answer. Assuming the OP's intent was that they'd be strictly for AA's, that'd just switch the imbalance from one set of chars to another.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Def level isn't the answer. True it may help against sins but itll also make arcanes v arcane pretty much undoable.  The problem here (if it's a problem) is the ridiculous damage output sins have while being immune to debuffs 66% of the time as well as having near infiniti chi & a massive array of controll skills (stun,sleep,seal,immobilise, aps decrease).

I think the idea of nerfing tidal protection to a lower level will do a LOT. When things like stun and seal will become reliable instead of pretty much guaranteed fail arcanes can do much more in terms of controlling the sins damage and blocking it. This combined with the removal of armor crush should nerf the class quite well.

Don't forget either that sins are pretty much designed as extremely powerfull 1v1 class. In mass pk a sin isn't nearly as effective as an arcane. Even with the nerfed tidal they would be quite strong in 1v1 as they should be since it's their purpose.

ruse

It's the combination of APS and damage output.
I know someone suggested this already, but I can't remember whom...

Lowering base damage off of int daggers/making daggers with no int and reasonably higher damage for sage sins who'd rather DPH would be goot.

Increasing cooldown time of tidal might also be a suggestion instead.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Crazy Idea, Remove APS sins, make only DPH sins!  ;)
Ex-GM

ruse

If you're gonna dream, at least do it big.

Remove TB altogether.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
If you're gonna dream, at least do it big.

Remove TB altogether.

Then who will people QQ about being OP?

Serious note though, we are working on a way to balance DPH. Any ideas would be more than apreciated.

Currently Proposed is remove the interval from the LA top, adding daggers/bow to set effect, giving the last effect the -0.1 interval. Meaning that we add GoF daggers, which are not part of the set effect, they will lose -0.2 interval, maxing them out at about 2.5/2.86 with a high strength genie, and 2.22 aps as a demon sin.

It will take some time to work out balance, but if anyone has any good ideas, please message them to me in some form, I know people have been asking me about it (It is probably asked about the same amount of times as people asking me to remind ag to add their cubi).
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:28 am by Ninja
Ex-GM

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
On the note of psychics, if we could get rid of white voodoo then there would be no problems, its the fact that it takes >1 second to go from being a dd powerhouse to as tanky as a seeker that is the problem.

If you look at psychics as two seperate 'classes', you have the DD psy and the tank psy.

Psy Tank
- Can't kill anyone by themselves, unless with soulburn.
- Can go physical damage immune.
- Can heal/purify.
- Around 30k HP Self Buffed.
- Purge leaves the psy with 30k hp and no defence.
- 11 Second stun.
- 33% seal chance.

Compaired to Vit Barbs
- Can't as effectively kill anyone by themselves, unless with armageddon. (Which can hit around the 100k mark)
- Can go all damage 90% immune.
- Can heal but it costs 2 sparks.
- Around 80k HP Self Buffed.
- Purge leaves the barb with 50k-70k hp. Depending on tiger form.
- Invoke is twice the length of sage psychic will, and either 1 second more or less the same time as the stun + psychic will.
- Can only deal magical damage.

All in all the vit barb is the obvious better tank, it also hits harder.

Psy DD
- Lowest defence of all classes.
- 33% chance to seal.
- Average DPS, One of the Higher DPH.
- Heal/Purify.
- 11 Second stun every 30 seconds, 6 second stun (1 spark) every 20 seconds, with no anti stun move.
- 4-6 second freeze every 8.
- No chi gaining skills outside of sage technique.
- No amps

Compaired to Full Dex Sin
- Moderate defence.
- Around 25% chance to have no damage dealt or 50%/66% chance to avoid negetive status effects.
- Highest DPS.
- 100% chance to avoid 1 shots kills with deaden nerves, AND a heal.
- A 5-6 second stun (2 sparks) every 30 seconds, 3-5 second stun (1 spark) every 180 seconds, 95% chance 5 second sleep (50 chi) every 15 seconds, with a 10 second anti-stun move.
- 9/11 second freeze every 15 seconds (gain 50 chi).
- 2/3 spark instant regenerate every 60 seconds, 1.5/1.8 spark regenerate every 25/30 seconds, 1 spark instant regen with purify every 90 seconds, 50 chi with imobilise every 15 seconds, 50 chi every 60 seconds.
- Can deal Physical and Magical damage.
- 50% amplify

Full Dex Sin is by far the better DDer, and can keep up constant chi.

Both sides of this, the psy is not op, the OP part is that it takes >1 second to turn from the dd into the tank.
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:02 am by Ninja
Ex-GM

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Ok, with Ruse and eripheno explained why no defence level shards, sins maybe getting dph, will be getting nerf to dps, psychics, anythign we missed? xD
Ex-GM

Offline metalheadvt

Ok, with Ruse and eripheno explained why no defence level shards, sins maybe getting dph, will be getting nerf to dps, psychics, anythign we missed? xD

Yeah their use of SoulForce lol

Offline metalheadvt

Not much I can add to ruse's reply that will be of any more help explaining it.

There are pleanty of 150 AA's who can beat sins, but I do understand the concern, any old sin can take out a good AA without any effort.

That is how it is one any of the regular pwi servers when you come up against any fully josd sharded AA class Ninjas

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member

That is how it is one any of the regular pwi servers when you come up against any fully josd sharded AA class Ninjas

I know, thats the point, anyone on sanctuary server should understand what I mean if I mention Kanjou...

JoSD = bad

Yeah their use of SoulForce lol

Reduce SF, we give them the sage/demon sf skills, its one or the other, yes the chance is high, but if you see how quickly a psychic is taken down when you use will surge (or any hard hitting class)...
Ex-GM

ruse

Then who will people QQ about being OP?
Mystics, mages, barbs, BM's, archers. Duh.

anything we missed? xD

Possibly replacing the reduce phys damage stat on a few pieces of AA gear with p.def or vit add ons like I said in mah first post. Went back to PWI forums, found formula by Asterelle. Can't test to see if it's actuallly correct until EPW finishes downloading on my desktop. *-* So much math required...