Epic Perfect World

character transfer

Offline paul0rocks123

• Beginner
Is it possible for someone to transfer my archer on a different account to another account so I can account stash gear etc.

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team

Offline Guardian

• Characters: Guardian
  • Faction: Artifex, Salmarnir
Hey, its not possbile.

Technically it's possible by just copying the character ID or w.e so you can transfer it onto a newly made character whilst then deleting the old one but that would require them to get a new name etc.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
correct me pls if i am wrong... but didnt pwi do exactly that when they merged the two european servers?
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Sly_Man

Technically it's possible by just copying the character ID or w.e so you can transfer it onto a newly made character whilst then deleting the old one but that would require them to get a new name etc.
As far as I understand, server is, basically, database.
Database usually has units divided across several tables.
You should run from table to table and copy appropriate records from one ID to another.
And then to re-index all connections from so many other ID's to new one:
friends, blacklists, guild, rankings, quests done, titles done, whatever-you-imagine, ...

Don't think it could be done within some acceptable time, including testing and stuff.
I wouldn't do it myself.

Merging two servers would require less work, as there were no connections between
toons from one server to another, and data tables were just appended.

Better make another archer on that other account, level it up and transfer gear and everything.
It would be much easier for everyone, including you.
"You're mine" - he said, put ring on her finger and took her home. Naked. Forever.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
As far as I understand, server is, basically, database.
Database usually has units divided across several tables.
You should run from table to table and copy appropriate records from one ID to another.
And then to re-index all connections from so many other ID's to new one:
friends, blacklists, guild, rankings, quests done, titles done, whatever-you-imagine, ...

Don't think it could be done within some acceptable time, including testing and stuff.
I wouldn't do it myself.

Merging two servers would require less work, as there were no connections between
toons from one server to another, and data tables were just appended.

Better make another archer on that other account, level it up and transfer gear and everything.
It would be much easier for everyone, including you.
That's true. Agatio 'can' create a ID for each gear piece, and so on, put it in client and literally just mail it to u on another char, after all that is done, all gear sent, everything, he can just delete old toon, delete the log in database with that name and rename toon with the previous name, on different account. A lot of work that wouldn't worth.

cevans1290

It's possible ;) Just not going to happen.

So may as well say :
Hey, its not possbile.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
It's possible ;) Just not going to happen.

So may as well say :
#bringbacksubzeroo :sad:

cevans1290

#bringbacksubzeroo :sad:
I'm not subzeroo :(( He's still around.