Epic Perfect World

Lag

Offline Emily_

• Without struggle there is no progress ♥
:/  is just me or server is lagging? im not so sure if this problem is because something is wrong my internet conection or is from server...but i cant do anything in game, pv is just impossible to do...my ping is 500 and then jump to 17k

♥ Without struggle there is no progress ♥

Offline Tinykiller

• Boooooooyaaaaaa
Im just lagging cuz my internet connection is shit atm but i see alot of people complaining about extreme server lag.
_Cocaine_! - Lvl 150 barb
Cocaiinee - Lvl 150 sin
Bangers - Lvl 140 physic
Coocaine - Lvl 150 seeker
<3Tiny - Lvl 150 Wizzard
_Cocaine_ - Lvl 150 Archer
Tinykiller - Lvl 150 Bm

Offline tragedy

It's been horribly laggy for me as well. No matter what I'm doing IG. Having two clients up is almost a joke =/ I know it's not my internet because it's been the same internet I've had for a long time and I can play other servers just fine.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I don't lag at all   :(

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Your ISP can be ok, and server's link also,
and you can still lag, because "Internet itself"
can route your communication through
one backbone today, and another tomorrow,
and some of those routes can be from time
to time overloaded somewhere inbetween.

Most of the time my ping is below 200,
and periodically can jump to "over 9000".
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Zero

Wait wait wait...what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I know that it means that you don't lag, but what does that mean for the rest of us? So you have the server in or around your house, congratulations to you but it is clearly irrelevant to the issue at hand.

"I don't lag" certainly doesn't address any situation, nor does it even attempt to resolve anything, so what was the point of what you (as Admin) just said?

I jump to 18k ping sometimes. Is your answer still "I don't lag at all"? Cause this certainly doesn't help me, that other guy, or the rest of the people who have lag, with anything at all.

Can you like put on the Admin face and address this just a little professionally? I am mentioning this because believe it or not, a lot of people are ridiculing you for that answer. Its just being straight up honest.

"OMG GUYS HELP, MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"

"Well, my home is perfectly fine." LOL
Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:08 am by Zero

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
Good for you, I spend most of my time delaying 3-30 seconds. My ISP is perfect, I have a 20mb internet connection, and I average 7-70 ping on servers on the other side of the planet. There's no excuse for the lag we all experience, and saying "I don't lag" isn't going to magically make it disappear.

When you upgraded to 1.4.4(stupidest thing you've done btw, even worse than ip banning MageTank for advertising KFC), you didn't change your server, did you? Guess what: 1.4.4 uses over 3x as much memory as 1.3.6, and is more than 10x more CPU intensive on the server. This stress makes the servers power to host players significantly harder, and limits how much the server can actually do. I wager it sits in swap more than 3/4th of the time it's online, simply because 1.4.4 is so intense to the server.

With more players joining Epic now than in the past, the server has to work even harder, and your mediocre server isn't cutting it. I know for a fact you make plenty of money off of donations, why not put some of that back into the server for the people who are paying for it?

Offline Kurahn

• Kurahn-150 Seeker
Woah woah woah, cut the hate on Aga people, jesus christ. You lag, so what? it's going to happen eventually. I lag, you don't see me complaining, Deal. With. It.
Kurahn: 150 Seeker
Sagi: 148 Psychic
Want to see my art?: http://spiffymctaco.deviantart.com/

I will "attempt" to draw avis for free, just message me in the forums with a screenshot of the character ^^

Offline exe626

• brb
Woah woah woah, cut the hate on Aga people, jesus christ. You lag, so what? it's going to happen eventually. I lag, you don't see me complaining, Deal. With. It.
Kurhan: someone I've never seen pvp

The carebears always talk as if they're important.

Offline Kurahn

• Kurahn-150 Seeker
Umm..Kurahn*: Someone who hates the drama and shit pvp starts, k?

Furthermore, I'm sure the more you hate on Aga on what he said, the more he can just as easily make you lag more -.-

I will "attempt" to draw avis for free, just message me in the forums with a screenshot of the character ^^

Offline exe626

• brb
I'm a carebear trying to justify my inability to play.
That's all fine and dandy, but increasing lag is just going to make more leave/new players give up hope. The grind from 148-150 already unmotivates(especially considering the exp glitch that made people instant-150) most new players.

Offline Kurahn

• Kurahn-150 Seeker
If it doesn't motivates them to grind 148-150, then they shouldn't be playing anyway. Pwi makes you grind from 1-105 -.-

Oh, and that's real mature to fake quote me, grow up will you?

ruse

...Lol. I'm pretty certain that when people bring up a legitimate issue they'd expect some sort of serious response instead of a what seems to be sardonic reply from the server owner. This isn't just like "oh man, I lagged once QQQQQQQQQQ". It's been almost constant delaying and random 8k ping spikes for over a week for many people, making it hard to PvP and PvE for them.

Let me break it down for you. People being unable to play effectively = people leaving server = less donations and voting from those players = less traffic = less new players. So before you tell people to 'deal with it' you might want to consider the facts sir.

Offline Kurahn

• Kurahn-150 Seeker
I'm sure Aga realizes the issue, but come on people, it's lag, happens everywhere.

Offline Auroma

I'm sure Aga realizes the issue, but come on people, it's lag, happens everywhere.

Yes I am sure Agatio realizes it, and lag does happens on many servers, but lately has been constant on EpicPW. If you don't pvp then it may not affect you that much as you can kill most bosses with just a macro, but when you are playing as BM in mass pvp lag has a huge effect on your game. My ping goes from 270ms to 3000+ and then lag prevents me from getting marrow up/other skills again in time, which if you pvp will know is a sure ticket to death when other team has magic classes. Plus even few sec lag freeze can be deadly when 3 sins jump on you lol. Try pvp and you will understand our problems.
“Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.”