Epic Perfect World

PLEASE,PLEASE HELP ME. :( !

Offline aquana10

Everytime I pressing the start, I get it.
I tried everything; 
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory
- In the end restart your PC and check again
- If it still fails, redownload / reinstall the client

but it doesn't work. :((  Sorry for my bad english and pls,PLS help me. T_T i really want to play..
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:06 pm by aquana10

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
Everytime I pressing the start, I get it.
I tried everything; 
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory
- In the end restart your PC and check again
- If it still fails, redownload / reinstall the client

but it doesn't work. :((  Sorry for my bad english and pls,PLS help me. T_T i really want to play..

Can you please give more screenshots, .ecm is a compression file and I can't seem to find any in my EPW? Did you download it directly or you patched your PWI?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You have to reinstall / redownload the game, there's no other fix

Offline DignityPK

You have to reinstall / redownload the game, there's no other fix

I think he tried that already and it seems to be a PW bug.
Looking through PWI the only thing people suggested is clicking "OK", if it does not work then try to run patcher and click "Verify" around 3 times.
Anyway, I think the problem is in elementclient.exe, you might want to change the tool you are using to download the game, the MD5 might be wrong - the error is in .ecm file inside elementclient.exe
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:10 pm by DignityPK

Offline aquana10

Can you please give more screenshots, .ecm is a compression file and I can't seem to find any in my EPW? Did you download it directly or you patched your PWI?

I downloaded directly and with torrent too. When I unpacked it was already broken three files but my friend sent it. Aand what is this .ecm?:O

Offline aquana10

I think he tried that already and it seems to be a PW bug.
Looking through PWI the only thing people suggested is clicking "OK", if it does not work then try to run patcher and click "Verify" around 3 times.
Anyway, I think the problem is in elementclient.exe, you might want to change the tool you are using to download the game, the MD5 might be wrong - the error is in .ecm file inside elementclient.exe

and how can i fix it?:|

Offline DignityPK

and how can i fix it?:|

TBH, Idk, .ECM is a compressed file just like zip/rar except a bit different.
Make sure your anti-virus isn't removing anything from PW directory.
As I said people in PWI forums suggested using "Verify", also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Try opening dxdiag by -
1) Click and hold windows key then press R and a new window will open up called Run - type in "dxdiag.exe" in it and click run without the quotes.
2) Open windows menu, search for dxdiag, open it and screenshot the tab called "System" and "Display", upload here.

Here are mine, do as I did :
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:22 pm by DignityPK

Offline aquana10

TBH, Idk, .ECM is a compressed file just like zip/rar except a bit different.
Make sure your anti-virus isn't removing anything from PW directory.
As I said people in PWI forums suggested using "Verify", also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Try opening dxdiag by -
1) Click and hold windows key then press R and a new window will open up called Run - type in "dxdiag.exe" in it and click run without the quotes.
2) Open windows menu, search for dxdiag, open it and screenshot the tab called "System" and "Display", upload here.

sorry for another language. >_<" but i hope u will understand. o_o
Yeaah, write the same-> " No problems found. "

Offline DignityPK

Okay, I can understand it fine.
Check this folder : C:/AMD/support - if you have it, if you don't have it then you have to download this >>>
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe
Before downloading, this is for Desktop.
If you have Laptop then you need to download another driver.

Offline aquana10

Okay, I can understand it fine.
Check this folder : C:/AMD/support - if you have it, if you don't have it then you have to download this >>>
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe
Before downloading, this is for Desktop.
If you have Laptop then you need to download another driver.

Still does not work. :( Ahh.. i need to forget it i think.. :((

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
OK , your Video driver for AMD Radeon HD 67xx isn't installed , so you'll need to download and install it manually ... to do that you must go here -- >   http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages  <-- download Catalyst Software Suite then install it. BUT ! before that make sure u have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 ( catalyst controll center requires .net framework 4 to open the interface ).
After the driver was installed , reboot your pc and pray it will work. (It worked for me and i got a weak as *** video card .. see screenshot. )
Anyway , your Display info should look like mines ( but with your info ... ). I wish you good luck , that worked for me so ... it may or may not work for you. Take care ! :D.

Offline DignityPK

Well, I'll see if I can figure something out about the error. Answer some of these questions :

Do you have an Anti-Virus?
Did you update your Windows? Because people without Service Pack 1 from Windows 7 also had problems with PWI not starting up.
Did you try right clicking on elementclient.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Checking : Run this program in compatibility for ( Windows XP Service Pack 3) and : Run this program as an administrator.
Did you ever was successful in starting up PWI apart from EPW?

Good luck.

Offline aquana10

Well, I'll see if I can figure something out about the error. Answer some of these questions :

Do you have an Anti-Virus?
Did you update your Windows? Because people without Service Pack 1 from Windows 7 also had problems with PWI not starting up.
Did you try right clicking on elementclient.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Checking : Run this program in compatibility for ( Windows XP Service Pack 3) and : Run this program as an administrator.
Did you ever was successful in starting up PWI apart from EPW?

Good luck.

Yes, but i tried turn off and still doesn't work.
I have Service Pack 1. >_<
I tried now but doesn't work. T_T
aand I played PWI a lot and I could've start it, i have these problem only with EPW. :S

Offline DignityPK

There is a difference between turning off anti-virus before or after the installation, I suggest turning it off before the installation and looking if that would work out. By installation I mean downloading.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I downloaded directly and with torrent too. When I unpacked it was already broken three files but my friend sent it. Aand what is this .ecm?:O
This is the reason. There are still broken files out there in your client. The only fix is redownloading game again. Or ask your friend to send you whole client if possible.