Epic Perfect World

world chat spammers

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It always happens when NO GM is online.  Soultion= more GM's in everytime zone to cut down on this crap.

Can't believe I read through 8 pages of this, but I 150% agree here.  I know that Aga was looking to cover all time zones, but as with life, shit happens, and GM's can't be online all the time.  With a community of this caliber though, a larger staff base (3-4 per major time zone, for example--US, Euro, and Asian primetime, overlaps would make it even easier) would not be a bad idea.

It is what it is.  I don't particularly care for the trash talk, but it comes with the territory in every game.  I play a couple of other MMO's and while the chat isn't NEARLY as bad, there are elements of trash talk.  I started playing TERA recently (Thanks, Tori, totally needed more time consumers!) and their global chat is, while tamer, still have some of the trash talkers.  As per request, blacklist was extended to 200 spots.  If you have managed to fill up 200 spots of your blacklist, then I think you have bigger problems.

All "ideas" for reducing spam are highly ineffective on this server, where you can have infinite alts.  Cooldown on wc? They can switch to another character.  Raising tele prices? Infinite alts=infinite money=infinite teles.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
make me gm agatio

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
How about giving Support Members the ability to mute? With reason, of course. There are two support members and I see Kera most of the times. (Asian timezone, kinda)

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
How about giving Support Members the ability to mute? With reason, of course. There are two support members and I see Kera most of the times. (Asian timezone, kinda)

I don't think it's possible, but if it is, this would be a great idea, and to get more support members if not gm's.

Stay Classy.

scatterer3

not even morder and crime is gonna remove from real life, but we can try to control it and limit it.

putting cooldown for trumps is the best solution I think.

game is about to have fun playing, ppl should learn to not open their mouth everywhere. if want to trash talk or argue, they can keep it in pms atleast, not world chat.

am not indian nor in any asia guild, but I felt upset yesterday when some ppl was insulting them back there.

You dude take everything too seriously, and yeah, people may get upset over something, it's simply his/her moment which we all should ignore. 90% of what you will read in world chat is people recruiting for their own factions and trading items. World chat is really way more let's say "cleaner" than before. I made a topic about  WC spam as well, but now it's already on its limits. And please don't compare some symbols in a game with real crime and murder...  :normal-18:

Offline Loralei

• Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
  • Characters: Loralei - Sage Sin
You guys are still talking about this? o.O
Loralei - 150 Sage Sin
Lunae - 150 Demon Archer
TaiaLeonhart - 150 Sage Seeker
Lunarei - 145 Sage Cleric
KarIiah - 145 Sage Venomancer
Xatai - 150 Demon Wizard
Noxwood - 135 Demon Blademaster
Loralai - 124 Psychic
_Lykaios_ - 136 Sage Barbarian
Zethyr - (pending) Mystic
NightingaIe - 123 Sage Archer

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
ppls trashtalk in wc now they trashtalk in forum.....impressive!

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
ppls trashtalk in wc now they trashtalk in forum.....impressive!

Yeah, that's usually what ends up happening.

Stay Classy.

yunie1

Close this useless over-sensitive thread already.

Block the ones who bother you, if you already exceeded the 200 limit, then you just have mental issues. There. I said it.
Bye.

In real life most of us have to deal with this kind of bullsh*t stuff. What makes you think that HERE where nobody really knows eachother that well, you won't have to deal with racism and insults? Just grow a thicker skin, move on, wait for the spam to go(no it does NOT last forever, liars) and go back to whatever you were doing. Simple. Easy.

The GM's will do what they can do however they want to do it. And you all should just be thankful you have people that try to keep this server as good as it has been for years.

Thank you.

Sorry, I've been poisoned with rudeness.  :-[
Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:52 am by Poisoned

Offline Achilles

• Characters: Achilles_, _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
OP is taking this game a bit too seriously as to let WC spammers annoy him/her. Also, tbh, you wanting to perma-mute such people, most of whom are very old players, will overall have a more negative effect on the server in comparison to you getting 'annoyed' because you don't want to turn off WC.

This game would be dead boring without WC spammers.

EDIT:

To all the people comparing WC spammers to real life murderers and using examples of the death penalty to explain blacklisting, you're idiots.

Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:37 pm by Achilles