Epic Perfect World

Changing aspect of PVE?

Offline Quequeg

• They seek him here, they seek him there, / Those F
Correct me if i'm wrong but do not GM's have all class skill available for any class?
i

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
go learn from grandmaster maxy
No grandmaster or shiit but yeah, that guide (PV section) was basically to show that pulling on AA classes or just doing PvE on AA classes is possible. They are less squishy than you think. Mystics, wizards and clerics can heal themselves. Psychics have voodoos. And venos.....well they have fox form (can't speak much about them since I haven't played one yet) but I know people who do PvE just as well on these classes.

If you're having a problem PvE-ing on an AA class, you can ask for tips. So far, I have soloed Eden, Brimstone, Abaddon, SoT (except for the queen boss) on my Mystic and Psychic. I did try TT and it is possible to solo but obviously it will take time (not that HA classes/sins can solo this quickly) And warsong can be soloed as well (not the pavs, haven't tried that) but the mobs and bosses can be easily soloed. Since the mobs are all elemental, it is actually easier to solo on an AA class than on a HA class. Nirvana, there's a caster nirvana in case you didn't know. HDD and FSP can't really be soloed by any class. But, I can pretty much solo UCH on my mystic (takes long but not as long as it takes a barb, sins are somewhat useless there, can't tank dragons or heal)

Hell, I even finished a run of card bosses on my Mystic. Of course, it took longer but like I said earlier, every class has a role.....unless you want stealth, humongous hp, godly def, heals AND damage on one class. In that case, apply for a GM :)

Offline Omni

• (っ͡⚈‿⚈͡)っ
  • (っ͡⚈‿⚈͡)っ
  • Faction: Unicorns
I don´t see the need for it. Since you can level a barb easy to 150 and farm with that.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
unless you want stealth, humongous hp, godly def, heals AND damage on one class. In that case, apply for a GM :)
^follow the words of the master
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

scatterer3

You made yourself sound skilled, I don`t want to brag but then why would you find it hard in Phoenix Valley with a Cleric or Psychic?  ???

Psychic is the 3rd-4th easiest class to solo PV. It wasn't hard to solo PV with Cleric either. People try to tank more than a Barbarian on a magic class with lv. 110 EQ in PV 135+, then yeah, turns out that we need a new skill...

Offline Sycosis

• Haters make us famous.
  • Characters: Sycosis
  • Faction: OverSeers
-1 to this suggestion. I finish pv in 5-10 mins on all mages, depending on the class. I do two big pulls on ALL aa classes. Whether it be veno, cleric, mystic, psychic, or wizard. Just 2 big pulls and done. Just have to know how to play your class, like others have said.

Offline Mr. Rodriguez

• Major in Bending
  • Byte my 8-bit metal as
From a player's perspective, this will help. But the tips of people here are enough to help you through PV. Plus, overcoming the PVE challenges/difficulties of your class adds fun to the game.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
give me gm weapon for pve please ty

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
You made yourself sound skilled, I don`t want to brag but then why would you find it hard in Phoenix Valley with a Cleric or Psychic?  ???

Psychic is the 3rd-4th easiest class to solo PV. It wasn't hard to solo PV with Cleric either. People try to tank more than a Barbarian on a magic class with lv. 110 EQ in PV 135+, then yeah, turns out that we need a new skill...

I am pretty sure most of the people who say it is easy for cleric never even tried to solo PV, first of all I am not implying it's impossible - I am saying that it takes too long comparing to other classes - Soloing PV problems with my psy started at PV125, eventually I got to 135 and it was way too long - around 40 minute for each PV comparing to 5 minutes it takes BM/Barb/Seeker/Sin to do it.
On my cleric I didn't really have problems in 125 but at 135 it was taking around 30 minutes to solo it because of the extremely small pulls and chi gain problems/genie energy.
On my cleric I get hit 700 from each mob, on my psychic in black it's 1k in white it' 500, on a wizard it's 600, on sin/archer it's 300, on bm it's 200, on barb 200, on seeker it's around 150. The only reason BM/Sin/Barb are doing well in PV is because of BP, Seekers def is too high so they don't really need BP that much. The only reason wizards and archers can do pulls is because archers/wizards have almost same phys.def and both of them can kite easily with their knockback skills. I find that on a Psychic it's a suicide pulling more than 20 mobs in white voodoo, on cleric 15 is enough to kill you in few seconds - running away back always takes a lot of time and then going back, and repeating.
It would be nice if AA's could at least pull half of what a sin can pull. Everyone who said that AAs have high damage that compensate for the lack of defence, well it's not high if you die without using it.
Wasting 2 sparks on 10 mobs is annoying and very un-playable... The only reason I can level my cleric is because newbies sins/archers/bms can pull and never find out they could solo it easily.

Offline DignityPK

-1 to this suggestion. I finish pv in 5-10 mins on all mages, depending on the class. I do two big pulls on ALL aa classes. Whether it be veno, cleric, mystic, psychic, or wizard. Just 2 big pulls and done. Just have to know how to play your class, like others have said.

Hello there, since you are that fast I would love to see you show me a video of you finishing PV in 7 minutes with 130 Armor and 145 Nirvana weapon, no pills too :) Thanks!
Just saying it's really likely to be what you're saying is bullshit.
First of all, you already lied, it's impossible to do 135 with 2 pulls unless you're a lucky sin - Why? Because at the start after the mobs there is a wall of freezers and there is shytload of freezers everywhere, you get frozen as AA you're instantly dead.
Second of all, I tried doing pulls - I die from 40 mobs if each of them hits me once.
Waiting for your proof, you can show me in-game if you want since you are so good at all classes :).
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:19 pm by DignityPK

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Meng, it's not about game being broken, it's the logic u use.
SOME CLASSES aren't supposed to do some things.
You can't expect a Wizz to tank 1 squad of people or 1 instance, and also deal 200-250k damage , enough to 1shot the mobs...
You can't expect a EP to be able to deal damage while it's meant to support people and after 1.4.2, to DD people good enough
You can't expect a sin to heal and stay there geting hitted without using spark and sh1t...
Every class has a con and a +. This looks like a QQ thread, 'My class is weak' No. The player is.

Offline DignityPK

Meng, it's not about game being broken, it's the logic u use.
SOME CLASSES aren't supposed to do some things.
You can't expect a Wizz to tank 1 squad of people or 1 instance, and also deal 200-250k damage , enough to 1shot the mobs...
You can't expect a EP to be able to deal damage while it's meant to support people and after 1.4.2, to DD people good enough
You can't expect a sin to heal and stay there geting hitted without using spark and sh1t...
Every class has a con and a +. This looks like a QQ thread, 'My class is weak' No. The player is.

I never said the game is broken, this is just a private server so I thought what would it change.
A wiz can't tank in PV but it can kite, something PSY/EP can't do.
No, I can't expect a sin to heal and stay without doing anything - I can expect he is just afk.
You just said that AA classes are weak for tanking/soloing instances at the same time you said "My class is weak No." I think your logic is a little bit weak :). Also, have you ever been hit by a metal DD cleric in UVD? I hope not if your saying an EP can't do decent damage - it's enough to 2 shot sins.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
I am pretty sure most of the people who say it is easy for cleric never even tried to solo PV, first of all I am not implying it's impossible - I am saying that it takes too long comparing to other classes - Soloing PV problems with my psy started at PV125, eventually I got to 135 and it was way too long - around 40 minute for each PV comparing to 5 minutes it takes BM/Barb/Seeker/Sin to do it.
On my cleric I didn't really have problems in 125 but at 135 it was taking around 30 minutes to solo it because of the extremely small pulls and chi gain problems/genie energy.
On my cleric I get hit 700 from each mob, on my psychic in black it's 1k in white it' 500, on a wizard it's 600, on sin/archer it's 300, on bm it's 200, on barb 200, on seeker it's around 150. The only reason BM/Sin/Barb are doing well in PV is because of BP, Seekers def is too high so they don't really need BP that much. The only reason wizards and archers can do pulls is because archers/wizards have almost same phys.def and both of them can kite easily with their knockback skills. I find that on a Psychic it's a suicide pulling more than 20 mobs in white voodoo, on cleric 15 is enough to kill you in few seconds - running away back always takes a lot of time and then going back, and repeating.
It would be nice if AA's could at least pull half of what a sin can pull. Everyone who said that AAs have high damage that compensate for the lack of defence, well it's not high if you die without using it.
Wasting 2 sparks on 10 mobs is annoying and very un-playable... The only reason I can level my cleric is because newbies sins/archers/bms can pull and never find out they could solo it easily.
Okay well, it's going to take some time to reply to that.

1. I didn't say it was easy for a cleric, I just said I've seen a lot of clerics easily solo PV. Again, PV isn't the only way to get EXP. Hell, it's not even the only instance to get EXP from.

2. It took you 40 minutes....on a Psychic? Answer honestly, did you kill 1 mob at a time? It barely took me 10 minutes on my Psychic, would've been 7 minutes or so if I had better speed (and concentration, whew) but 10 isn't bad either.

3. Yes, barbs/bm/seekers take 5 minutes. Not because they can pull and tank like a God or because they have BP. It's because their movement speed is naturally better than AA classes + they have skills to increase it. (except barb but well, Tiger form = win) Also, PV is mostly physical mobs, which means, HA classes with pdef will be able to pull more. Not to mention, those classes are MEANT to pull.

4. It's good that you check how much the mobs hit you but well....on a psychic, you can use AoE stun and/or Psychic will, mystics = heals, wizard = expel, cleric = heals, venos = no idea but someone else could tell you what to do as a veno.

5. BP. Is. Not. Why. HA. Classes. Can. Do. PV.
I never had BP when I did PV on my barb. BM can easily make do without BP (Roar of the pride -> HF -> AoE spam) Seekers, you said it yourself, easy tank. If uncertain, pull a lot (1/2 to full PV) and use AD while Vortex.
Sins, well, they rely on BP but that's their own buff, so, you really shouldn't be arguing about it. Also, PV on a sin isn't as good as FC (even more now that FC gives more EXP)

6. Lol. Psychics can only pull 20 at a time. And AA classes can't pull half of what HA can. Okay. I think you really do kill mobs 1 by 1. I'd advise reading:

Yes, I did mention getting BP but that is as a safety precaution. I have tried and successfully done PV under 10 minutes without BP on those chars using the same combo.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I never said the game is broken, this is just a private server so I thought what would it change.
A wiz can't tank in PV but it can kite, something PSY/EP can't do.
No, I can't expect a sin to heal and stay without doing anything - I can expect he is just afk.
You just said that AA classes are weak for tanking/soloing instances at the same time you said "My class is weak No." I think your logic is a little bit weak :). Also, have you ever been hit by a metal DD cleric in UVD? I hope not if your saying an EP can't do decent damage - it's enough to 2 shot sins.
'After 1.4.2' i mentioned that atm EP deals a good damage.
1.You are not that enlightened when is about pve since u say that it takes A LOT to do PV with EP/Psy/any arcane, when it's not really true. Pots are available for every1, genies aswell, 3spark aswell, CC also. + the new blessboxes.
2.You try to make people that -1 ur thread just seem wrong when they are just stating the truth, THERE IS NO NEED OF PVE BOOST for arcanes or any other class
3.If u can't make it through pv, that's why aga added Level and super level scrolls, for people that are either lazy, either stupid. The side u choose..depends.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

If you are a Cleric and 15 mobs kill you within seconds.. youre definitly doing something wrong. Sorry
You have IH and Plume Shell, right?
You have either Sage Vanguard Spirit or Demon Stream of Rejuvention.
Guardian Light, Wings of Protection...

And no it does not take 30 mins either. At least not for everyone. Didnt for me, doesnt for most from what i read here.