Epic Perfect World

Valve, AMD & Linux

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
From my experience, Linux Distro's are far more 'user-friendly' than Windows'. More to the point, there's no limits. And only about 2 viruses that can actually affect your PC; it's a sense of freedom... No limits, and no risks/threats. It's more than just being 'nerdy'.

First of all, stop being a Linux gaming fan.
Second of all, smart people who like games just use dual boot, Windows for games and Linux for everything else.
Third of all, only stupid people get infected on Windows and Linux does not have only 2 viruses, so far because Linux is open source there is a lot of script kiddies who can fk you up without sweating, while hackers can hack into Windows - they can easily do the same on Linux.
Also, you're talking about Ubuntu which is used mostly by inexperienced people or starters, Ubuntu IS one of the most insecure distros, apart from that Ubuntu has a LOT of limits and I would prefer Windows any day just for playing games.
Dual boot for ever. Also Linux is not a distro, Linux is a kernel - if you meant Linux/GNU then you should call it just GNU not to be confused.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
First of all, stop being a Linux gaming fan.
Second of all, smart people who like games just use dual boot, Windows for games and Linux for everything else.
Third of all, only stupid people get infected on Windows and Linux does not have only 2 viruses, so far because Linux is open source there is a lot of script kiddies who can fk you up without sweating, while hackers can hack into Windows - they can easily do the same on Linux.
Also, you're talking about Ubuntu which is used mostly by inexperienced people or starters, Ubuntu IS one of the most insecure distros, apart from that Ubuntu has a LOT of limits and I would prefer Windows any day just for playing games.
Dual boot for ever. Also Linux is not a distro, Linux is a kernel - if you meant Linux/GNU then you should call it just GNU not to be confused.

Read what I said... I didn't DL Ubuntu for what your claiming it is. It's far more complicated than you think... I find it appealing and it does what I want; so it's all good.

Offline DignityPK

Read what I said... I didn't DL Ubuntu for what your claiming it is. It's far more complicated than you think... I find it appealing and it does what I want; so it's all good.

I read exactly what you said, you said Linux is going to overtake the market, you said Linux is more user-friendly, you said Ubuntu is coming on Dell, you said Linux does have complete freedom and no threats at all, you made it look like Linux is an OS.
All of the above points are un-true, there is just one rule I follow and its never to underestimate, cp - drugs - hackers, all of them use Linux, NSA doesn't hunt down script kiddies - they don't hunt Windows - they hunt OSs running on Linux because that where most of their targetsare, as I said Linux isn't free, it has never been hack-proof and less people are using computers these days.People are changing to Android OS as smartphone, tablets and even computers run them.Android runs on Linux and it is currently not free at all, NSA doesn't need your I.P to know what you are doing - they just use ISPs for that and VPNs are easily crackable.Enough said.

Offline DignityPK

I read exactly what you said, you said Linux is going to overtake the market, you said Linux is more user-friendly, you said Ubuntu is coming on Dell, you said Linux does have complete freedom and no threats at all, you made it look like Linux is an OS.
All of the above points are un-true, there is just one rule I follow and its never to underestimate, cp - drugs - hackers, all of them use Linux, NSA doesn't hunt down script kiddies - they don't hunt Windows - they hunt OSs running on Linux because that where most of their targetsare, as I said Linux isn't free, it has never been hack-proof and less people are using computers these days.People are changing to Android OS as smartphone, tablets and even computers run them.Android runs on Linux and it is currently not free at all, NSA doesn't need your I.P to know what you are doing - they just use ISPs for that and VPNs are easily crackable.Enough said.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, running any open-source system is never going to give you freedom, not when people making those are the ones holding that freedom from you.

scxclfbdnkgw

amd doesn't give half a shit about linux, amd gives every shit about competition. the only reason they're updating and working on linux drivers is because they're not as good as nvidias. nobody plays games on linux, nobody gets linux to play games and steamOS isn't going to change a single thing when it comes to either of those. people have a hard time getting PC ports for huge games like GTA V, halo 3 + 4 and all the others, etc.

furthermore, don't you run ubuntu? the closest thing you can get to windows on linux? you have to understand that linux is for business, not people. windows is for people. microsoft made an operating system that was easy to use for everyone in the world. an OS that people can get things done on, not have to fiddle with command line prompts and package updates done in console. every new version removes the user from the core more and more to make it more seamless and user-friendly.

last point, i'm pretty sure this server runs on linux os, and i guarantee you more than 99.9% of the players run on windows. that's the difference. linux is dead for people, it always has been.

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
look at the nerd he got sad and deleted my comment

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
You are pretty delusional.

Offline Indifferent

Everyone has their interests, his are computers and OS's; that doesn't make him delusional...

But yes, Elijah (can't believe I'm saying this) stole the words out of my mouth, no other operative system (atleast not anytime soon) will ever be as user-friendly as Windows for PCs. Windows Mobile on the other hand, just sucks big time.   :normal-31:
Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:38 pm by Indifferent

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
look at the nerd he got sad and deleted my comment

Deleted nothing o.o

If you think Ubuntu is anything like Windows, you're completely wrong. UI is completely different, so much better - more to the point it now uses GNOME 3.2, or can use depending on your update v.

Thank you all for de-railing the thread. You're all sad because you can't admit there's going to be change.

I've decided that I'm going to get Windows 8.1 because you're all so intelligent and know every factor. I'm just going to waste 300gb of my 800gb hard drive because yolo. That sounded ridiculous didn't it? Look at yourselves!!!!
Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:33 am by Harry

Offline LumpyNutz

• Network Security Engineer
  • Characters: LumpyNutz
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
go make Ubuntu server coz companies aint changin them windows servers they got

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
Deleted nothing o.o

If you think Ubuntu is anything like Windows, you're completely wrong. UI is completely different, so much better - more to the point it now uses GNOME 3.2, or can use depending on your update v.

Thank you all for de-railing the thread. You're all sad because you can't admit there's going to be change.

I've decided that I'm going to get Windows 8.1 because you're all so intelligent and know every factor. I'm just going to waste 300gb of my 800gb hard drive because yolo. That sounded ridiculous didn't it? Look at yourselves!!!!
no1 gives a shit about your nerd hobbies and which is better than which, you sound like the neckbeard bronies saying Twilight Sparkle is better than Fluttershy nobody gives a shit but you. there are forums made for nerds like you to argue on this matter; also you might be right (i have 0 info on this) but no1 cares about your hate for windows or your affiliation for ubuntu

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
no1 gives a shit about your nerd hobbies and which is better than which, you sound like the neckbeard bronies saying Twilight Sparkle is better than Fluttershy nobody gives a shit but you. there are forums made for nerds like you to argue on this matter; also you might be right (i have 0 info on this) but no1 cares about your hate for windows or your affiliation for ubuntu

LOOOOOOOOL a wise man has spoken but don'tStress remainClaim just delete his comment again and wipe that tear from your eye :police:
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do