Epic Perfect World

Ideas For #1

Offline boogy

Please post your idea's to help this server hit #1.

Rules

1 no flaming or QQing or ganging on someones idea

2 have fun

3 when in doubt see rul 1 and 2

Offline AlicE

Depends when you wanna look. There are two way to buff the server in ranks:
1) Bring more people
2) Make the current people vote more frequently

For the first option, I think the simple idea would be to get more connection/links with gamer sites/forums, promote the server, say why it's better than other servers (and it is).

For the second part, I think people need some unique stuff to have motivation voting. I mean, you vote, you get gold, the same as you can donate and get much more gold, or simply farm EC and get that same stuff anyway. So, perhaps like PWI sometimes has special sales for charging zen for example, EPW could also add special gifts for voting that can't be obtained anywhere else (including the boutique). For example, for every 10,20,50,100 etc. votes the person makes, he gets a certain unique item/mount/whatever. Make it bound to that account (untradable) and people won't be able to abuse this with multiple account voting. I'd say blessboxes or some costume made remedies for PvP could be pretty awesome (similar to the ones you get from alchemy labs level 6 in base).

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I have thrown up afew ideas to ag, well on a different topic but to the same effect.

Personally I think the biggest problem is once players hit endgame, they have way too much ec/coin, so if we give a boutique-only item, that gives them an edge over other players also endgame, it will encourage them not to get lazy, and to vote, or donate, to keep thier edge.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I have thrown up afew ideas to ag, well on a different topic but to the same effect.

Personally I think the biggest problem is once players hit endgame, they have way too much ec/coin, so if we give a boutique-only item, that gives them an edge over other players also endgame, it will encourage them not to get lazy, and to vote, or donate, to keep thier edge.
What I wanted to say here is that imo only thing that is acceptable is some kind of fashion item or a special all-class pet cause any other way you would hear a lot of QQ over donators having advantage over non-donators.
Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:37 pm by Elly

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline xLeahx

So basically this means cash shoppers get an edge over voters..
Meh regarding the voting; Link 1 always has problems with that site, so most of us just do link to because of the no lag in server. When I vote on Link 1 yes i get the gold but my page times out. So the vote is more then likely not counted.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Some extra items for regular voting must be carefully selected,
or we are in danger of making "pay/vote to win",  which is
exactly the stupidity that drives lot of people off PWI.

About endgame toons, they still need pots and other consumables
to keep their edge in PvP. So, they still need Gold.

Some of them vote less probably because they play less.
They didn't like PvE in the first place, and PvP can become
boring after some time, when same thing constatly repeat.

Some people only want to win every single fight,
but when they see that others have same chances
they start losing their interest for show-off.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.