Epic Perfect World

How MMoS Changed your life ?

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
Hello this post is to see how people's lives have changed since they started playing MMOs what reactions they drew from the experiences in the game and how they have weighed on the day to day decisions.
thanks and hugs

Offline Shekinah

Is this for an essay??

Offline Ambrosia

I'm not a fan of reviving old necro-threads.  But this one's interesting.  o.o;; surprised the community didn't want to post. 

And what better way to say it, than with a link to youtube mmh?

Offline Rikuhi

• A God Among Men
  • "Those Who Sow The Wind Harvest The Storm..."
This thread is pretty old but I wanted to share my tale :P

Up until the 5th grade I had only played on Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, and gamecube. However, my introduction to MMO's and computer gaming would indeed change my life. My friend started first, and told me to play with him. Naturally I did, and soon I was addicted. Where once I had gone outside to get into fights with my friends, I instead stayed in-doors and played games. Now, this sounds bad, but it actually shaped me into the person I am today.

For one, I'm internet-savvy and am able to effectively communicate with others via the internet, which in today's society is key. Not only that, playing MMO's gave me confidence and maturity. I didn't have a lot of friends and rightly had the mind of a 5th grader. After a year or two of playing and conversing with older people (teenagers - adults), I began to think on their level. I started to question society and the path it was going down instead of blindly following someone else.

Now, roughly 8 years later, I'm a senior in high school and I can say that having played MMO's for so long has definitely affected my day-to-day life. Not necessarily in the sense of "oh in the game I used this build so I should use this here," but instead in the sense that I work better with people, I'm more intelligent and able to react quicker to certain situations, and its also helped my personal life by making me more humorous / witty. Plus being a better gamer :P

The cons, however, are that I have some trouble speaking to people (I mumble my words, and given a choice I would always choose to interact with someone by IM / texting rather than face-to-face or by phone). Also, I hate most people in my school. I found that after gaming for so long I've become somewhat jaded, and as a result of that I'm more friendly to the gamers and nerds as opposed to the athletes or what have you. At the same time it may not all be entirely as a result of gaming, as there are inevitably other factors such as the environment and neurological tendencies (Nature vs Nurture).

I think at this point I'm just ranting :P I have a slight tendency to do that every now and then. I don't even know if my point was properly conveyed. Anyways, I was just giving my story :D I know the thread is dead by now but I thought it would be cool to have it up.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
I've gained 80 pounds and I don't do as much as I used to...it has negatively impacted my health and social life in many ways, but PW gives me something to do day to day.  I enjoy playing them though, so I guess that's a plus...
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Kazureblue

I enjoy playing PW, but not many others. I played on RT server on the official version for about 3 years before I finally decided to quit. I have to admit I wasn't a very active player because life happened an awful lot. But I made a bunch of friends there, and never really wanted to give it up. So one day I was looking at private servers and found this one. Turns out som of my RT friends play here, and I've been having fun with them again!

But anyways, MMO's are a good way for me to make friends and such, because IRL I have rather terrible anxiety, and it's almost a struggle for my roommates to even get me out of the house sometimes. I rather hate most people, and even though I'm medicated for it, it makes life difficult to get through. I don't really have very many friends outside of the internet, but hey. Gotta love the little things. XD

Tali

I met my husband on PWI, and now we are married and living together in real life.  ;)

So yeah, I owe a bit to MMOs.

Mrai

Hm.. Lets see how MMO's changed my life I guess.
-Warning to those who dislike bad things or depressing tings.
Over the years, I started to play MMO's, probably in about 4th-5th grade.
Yeah, they were fun(Started on Runescape as most did at that time.)
Now. After a while, I lost use of my computer and such, and I did most of my play outside. I didn't really miss MMO's at all.
Thanks to MMO's though, I now have a slight sense in confidence with people(Both over the net and real life.)
And I'm a lot more confident in the way I carry myself because I judge people by what's on the inside, because you have to over the net. So I kind of figure people will judge me based on that, even though I know they won't. But it helps my self esteem to think so.
Now. Just recently. MMO's and stuff. Well lets just say they've completely ruined who I am.
I'm not going into detail but I've been basically living a shell of a life, barely alive as it is, just drudging along my day to day life not really caring what people think. Good thing? Yeah, I guess. But there's a difference in not caring because you do what you enjoy, and not caring because of an overwhelming feeling of apathy. There's only one person that can make me truly happy lately, and I've met him on EPW(His name's Yuri.)
But yeah, basically, what MMO's have given me. A large, and varied vocabulary, Endless entertainment from trolls, and pain and suffering.

Offline Aki Rai

Since I was started playing MMOs, I got better in English at all (b4 I started, I was like one of worst English students in class :D), also met my gf there so..
MMOs changed my life to be a bit better, even I had a hard times when i started with them, bcoz I was such an addict, almost got kicked from school bcoz I was staying home, playing Aion, instead of going to school xD But these times are gone and now I'm glad, that I'm here, meeting people from other countries etc.  8)

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Cost me a marriage and custody of my kids. I guess on the bright side, I met my current live-in girlfriend through PW.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline SirClassy

• A BM's leap is considered "running." Right...
They've taught me that no matter how much of an amazing, nice, and kind hearted person you are. Some people won't give you their time of day.
How fitting.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
I enjoy playing Role-Playing for awhile. However, if I feel it's effecting my life in any way, the quit button is just right next to me.
Oh, thats the reason why I quit offical server and moved to private servers, cause officals were asking for way to much of my time and money; then really I just thought "Why should I spend 4-8 hours farming for a piece of gear or pay $400 buying some pixel enhancements? I'd rather go treat my friends tbh". So I came to private servers in hope of just being able to PvP, do some stuff and log off, like a game suppose to be.
PS. I've gotten more fluent english because of playing these type of games.
Last Edit: Oct 07, 2012, 04:38 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Kayla

• Kindness goes a long way <3
Thread maybe in-active, but, from my point of view, hasn't changed anything ever. I've played official PWI for 4years & Epic for 4 to 5 months, I'd still choose socializing in real life over MMO any day. ANYTIME I have an opportunity to go out with friends which is every few nights, I always choose to go out with friends. I work 8 hours day & spend time with family, THEN I sit down & play EpicPW for few hours. Just a game, nothing more. Real life should always come first.
Warning: Head strong woman, so go troll someone else's opinion & views.
10% Sweetheart
90% B!tch
Kayla - Sage R8 Sin
LilKayla - Sage R8 Psy
McKenzie - Demon BM
MistyNite - Demon R8 Cleric
Kenzie - Demon R8 Wizzy

Tali

Thread maybe in-active, but, from my point of view, hasn't changed anything ever. I've played official PWI for 4years & Epic for 4 to 5 months, I'd still choose socializing in real life over MMO any day. ANYTIME I have an opportunity to go out with friends which is every few nights, I always choose to go out with friends. I work 8 hours day & spend time with family, THEN I sit down & play EpicPW for few hours. Just a game, nothing more. Real life should always come first.

But how do you know how other people live their lives? You know what they say about assuming..

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendzā„¢.
most of me stayed the same i just play MMO instead of COD and shit i still have a life i go out and do shit and i havent gained any weight so far and things are pretty much same